NHL'94 Forums

GDL 5 Deadlines

angryjay93

15 games by Monday, November 2

30 games by Monday, November 16

45 games by Monday, November 30

56 games by Monday, December 7

All games have been released, and reaching the deadlines shouldnt be problamatic if you are committed to the league.

I will discuss with donch and ice concerning DNP penalties and those sort of issues in the very near future and post about them shortly after decisions are made.

• 2 weeks later...

I really think we should push the deadlines up as well.

15/24 teams already have 25 games done, and most of the coaches do like a quick paced league.

And the league will no doubt have huge playoff problems with the xmas break.

56 by Nov 30 sounds good.

I really think we should push the deadlines up as well.

15/24 teams already have 25 games done, and most of the coaches do like a quick paced league.

And the league will no doubt have huge playoff problems with the xmas break.

56 by Nov 30 sounds good.

i would imagine most would agree but it doesnt f**king help when the other 3/4 of lg doesnt post their opinion !!!!!!!! but i guess it doesnt really matter what they think .....its mr robataille...welll its up to all of you guys to complete games by end of november and possibly have playoffs done by xmas....or just wait till february

i would imagine most would agree but it doesnt f**king help when the other 3/4 of lg doesnt post their opinion !!!!!!!! but i guess it doesnt really matter what they think .....its mr robataille...welll its up to all of you guys to complete games by end of november and possibly have playoffs done by xmas....or just wait till february

Dude deadlines suck, like with Student Teaching this semester I don't wanna be rushed to play my games... If i finish before everyone else I can find something else to do in the mean time (Though I won't be making the playoffs this season, but watch out for me in GDL6 :blink: )

so.. we are 10 days from the deadline and only 8 teams are more than 5 game (about an hour) away from the cutoff.. can we bump them all up by 1 to get the playoffs in before christmas? i think what made dynasty so great is the momentum a team had in the regular season actually carried over into the playoffs.. that would be the case in gdl if we finished by nov 30!! admins any input?

so.. we are 10 days from the deadline and only 8 teams are more than 5 game (about an hour) away from the cutoff.. can we bump them all up by 1 to get the playoffs in before christmas? i think what made dynasty so great is the momentum a team had in the regular season actually carried over into the playoffs.. that would be the case in gdl if we finished by nov 30!! admins any input?

I'm up for bumping the deadlines a little earlier. I'm one of the slower teams to date unfortunately but I'm pretty sure I can get them in by the new deadlines. I agree about the whole Dynasty thing.

ANGRYJAY post reply here B)

such hostility hokkee... its not healthy.

ill talk with AJ about the deadline move.

I have no problem with it since we are moving at a very good pace.

news at 11.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm missing what the problem is right now. Everyone made the first deadline, and 12 of 24 teams are within 5 games of deadline 2 due in 7 days.

What's the issue exactly? Everything seems to be running smoothly right now.

Hokee decides to rush his season and now the rest of the league has to deal with complaints when deadlines have been met so far? C'mon dudes, let's not make issues out of nothing here.

I'm missing what the problem is right now. Everyone made the first deadline, and 12 of 24 teams are within 5 games of deadline 2 due in 7 days.

What's the issue exactly? Everything seems to be running smoothly right now.

Hokee decides to rush his season and now the rest of the league has to deal with complaints when deadlines have been met so far? C'mon dudes, let's not make issues out of nothing here.

[/quote

yeah you just wait ..when the deadline comes probably about 8 of u will not have completed all the season gms and there will be extra time given to the bums!...you have 13.5 days to complete over 20 gms ...which is damn near impossible for guys like you ice who push the deadline on purpose and make your opponents wait till the last day or 2 which screws everyone else who wants to play their games before the last day...example-jrod unable to play more of his gms cause guys like you want to wait till last minute..and jtikkanen was on last night and no one to play.....i wont even get into playoffs but i fkin hate guys like you who fkin take the fun out of playing games cause your always too busy to play even though your online

Translated: checks and balances is what makes this country great. Sure the deadlines have been reached... but based on current trends and past history, it is very likely that some coaches won't hit 56 in by the last deadline. We should get on their ass now to play games so we don't have to later.

yeah you just wait ..when the deadline comes probably about 8 of u will not have completed all the season gms and there will be extra time given to the bums!...you have 13.5 days to complete over 20 gms ...which is damn near impossible for guys like you ice who push the deadline on purpose and make your opponents wait till the last day or 2 which screws everyone else who wants to play their games before the last day...example-jrod unable to play more of his gms cause guys like you want to wait till last minute..and jtikkanen was on last night and no one to play.....i wont even get into playoffs but i fkin hate guys like you who fkin take the fun out of playing games cause your always too busy to play even though your online

yeah.. i have had a broken controller for 2 weeks and i am still 8th in games played... that is completely retarded people slack so badly in GDL for no reason.. if you are online no excuses fuc*in play your games

but based on current trends and past history, it is very likely that some coaches won't hit 56 in by the last deadline. We should get on their ass now to play games so we don't have to later.

And that's why people who don't reach the deadlines will be penalized. Some people don't have the time to get in all there games early. That's why we have windows of time to get in our games. Me being an example. I play when I can and have met deadlines in 2 other leagues (missed 2 in classic with SWOS and have one left to play with Skool in Blitz).

Owners have some personal responsibility to track down their opponents and set something up. But that said, I do understand the past is an indicator of future events.

And Hokkee, for the 1,000th and final time, just because someone is online does NOT mean they're available to play. Not going to get into my personal reasons again.