NHL'94 Forums

NHL 93 - 30 Team ROM by wboy v1.0a [Alpha]

wboy

n93-30tr.png

Read supplied notes within download for more details.

Note this is a alpha, and not a beta.

Reasons:

- Seems to work but not thoroughly tested.

- Does not contain as much uncompressed graphics (e.g. Title screen not editable - disabling animations like glitter etc more tedious that first thought, Ron Barr headshot not editable etc.).

- No documentation or reference screen shots supplied.

- Not supported by NOSE 1.2b. Easily fixed if you add the following lines to the NOSE application folder's roms\roms.ini file.

[GM T-50396 -30]

Comments=NHLPA Hockey '93 (UE) (REV01) [!] - 30 Team ROM Hack by wboy

OriginalROMProductCode=GM T-50396 -01

Teams=30

Download IPS patch here: 93 IPS 1.0a.zip

EDIT: Correction to ini files settings (error on my part). A complete roms.ini is now within the zip distribution which you can simply copy over your existing roms.ini

Edited by wboy

Wow, thanx wboy!

Just have a quick question...these lines we should add to the NOSE's application. Should I delete the corresponding lines under NHLPA 93 and substitute them with the new command line or just add to it in the end?

I just did it (substituting the corresponding lines) but all I've got was a pink screen.

Edited by Franco

check wboy 1st post, he has made a correction to the roms.ini file.

when editing crease tiles, the changes don't seem to show up when playing a game. maybe its just me, don't know

Make sure you are editing the right tile layout bytes. The original compressed tiles and layouts still exist in the rom.

The new uncompressed rink tiles and layout are towards the end of the rom data. The layout bytes exist after the uncompressed rink tiles (Not sure of the offset and too lazy to check for you). :blink:

THANK YOU WBOY! I am new to this, do you know where I can learn to edit banners, center ice logo of 93? Like an in depth tutorial?

Hey 77 I want to create an NHLPA 91 rom, would that now be possible with this? How do you create banners and edit the crease? This is like learning chinese to me. Any way you could help me out on how you created the banners, or how to edit the 93 crease? How do I open up this program so I can edit the game myself? Can you help me get started on this? WOW an editable 93! :P

Edited by purplehaze

OK basically what I want to do is:

-edit crease 1991 style

-edit center ice logo (mabye a 1991 patch or something instead of the crappy EASN logo)

-edit banners 1991 style

-have only 21 showable teams (1991 amount of teams)

-edit the "expansion teams" banners...mabye make a team USA/team Canada banners instead, since you cant get rid of the teams completely.

Basically if you ever played the poster Jesus's NHL 94/NHL 91 hack I want to do the same thing, except with NHLPA 93. Is that possible? All I want is to edit the crease, and banners, and playable teams. Thats it. I can edit the ratings, players etc. myself on NOSE.

Can you help me out 77? You seem to know how to do this with ease. I am just starting out here thanks!

Edited by purplehaze

Is it possible to edit the crease/ice? I tried to do it, but they dont show up in the game like the other poster said. Thanks.

77 have you tried to edit the crease yet?

EDIT: 77 I just played your tough guy rom and it is outstanding!!! How on Earth did you increase the fighting??? 77 can I have your AIM? I'd like to ask you some questions regarding NHLPA 93. I'm a huge fan of the game and have been dying to make some hacks but until now, havent been able to due to compression. Whats your AIM 77 and when are you on?

Edited by purplehaze

theres no real way to increase fighting =/

just give everyone 100 and theres fights like crazy...

that simple

sucks because all the players suck ass, so im thinking im gonna have to give everyone full stats, just to make the game play not so horrible

Edited by 77

Has anyone tried to edit the crease yet??

So far, no luck on my end. The changes do not show up in th game. Only for the banners. I dont see any other tiles for the crease in TLP either.

I would love to edit the crease, and the center ice logo. And I'd be happy as a pig in poop. Does more work need to be done on the rom for this? Or am I just doing something wrong? I am not seeing any changes on the ice when I edit the crease in the game.

The crease, EASN logo etc. have all been changed by me in TLP and it hasnt shown up in the game. I looked for another set of rink tiles but saw none in TLP. HELP! Mabye the rom needs to be decompressed more before we can edit the EASN logo and the crease. BUMMER!!!!!!! SO CLOSE!!!!!! :)

Edited by purplehaze

Make sure you are editing the right tile layout bytes. The original compressed tiles and layouts still exist in the rom.

The new uncompressed rink tiles and layout are towards the end of the rom data. The layout bytes exist after the uncompressed rink tiles (Not sure of the offset and too lazy to check for you). :)

Logo and crease changes havent worked for me. Scanned the rom up and down in TLP couldnt find any other rink tiles. Any advice? At least we can change the banners and we have you to thank for that! But it looks like we can't edit the crease or center ice logo. :(

Edited by purplehaze

thats why the man said ALPHA, not beta...

Gotcha. But there are only 1 set of rink tiles. Scanned up and down. Looks like the crease/EASN logo are not yet editable unless I'm missing something here.

The logo and crease are visible but when changed, dont show up in the game like the other poster said. Couldnt find any other rink tiles in TLP. I guess there needs to be more decompressing. I got so excited when I saw the rink logo and crease in TLP though, but I guess its just not ready to be edited yet. DARN IT!!

WBOY thanks again at least we can edit the banners, but I dont think the logo and crease can be edited. If I'm wrong please tell me. Thanks.

Edited by purplehaze

Wow – it’s fantastic to finally have an editable version of 93. Just like to say thanks wboy for all your hard work. :huh:

One problem I am having is: Run time error 9 when I am trying to select from the color browser. Anyone else having this problem? Any way to fix this?

SWEET, nice work as usual wboy

Hey slapshot did you ever get to edit the crease?? WBOY says you can but I havent been able to yet, and he's not replying.

I can see all the graphics like the EASN logo in the middle part of TLP, but when they are edited it wont show up in the game like you said.

I know WBOY said to make sure we edit the right tiles, but there is only one set of logo and crease tiles from what I can see. The entire last part of the rom is nothing but green boxes. I do not see any other crease or logo tiles in TLP.

Please RESPOND either WBOY or slapshot. I am really anxious now, I want to edit 93. I've been waiting a long time to do it! Please dont ignore me, thanks. I just want to edit the crease then I'll leave you alone. I dont care about the title or any of that s**t, just the crease and logo.

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....:)

Anyone alive out there..........??????????????????????? :)

Been about a week and still no response....Was there a nuclear war that I missed while down here in my basement??? :)

Eventually you have to answer me :)

I repeat: There are NO RINK TILES TO EDIT. :) There is only ONE SET and when you change them, nothing happens in the game like slapshot said. There's nothing but green boxes toward the end of the rom set. No rink tiles.

I'm assuming then, that at this time we cannot edit the crease/easn logo area. Just want some confirmation on that. Thanks. Much appreciated.

Edited by purplehaze

Read supplied notes within download for more details.

Note this is a alpha, and not a beta.

Reasons:

- Seems to work but not thoroughly tested.

- Does not contain as much uncompressed graphics (e.g. Title screen not editable - disabling animations like glitter etc more tedious that first thought, Ron Barr headshot not editable etc.).

- No documentation or reference screen shots supplied.

- Not supported by NOSE 1.2b. Easily fixed if you add the following lines to the NOSE application folder's roms\roms.ini file.

[GM T-50396 -30]

Comments=NHLPA Hockey '93 (UE) (REV01) [!] - 30 Team ROM Hack by wboy

OriginalROMProductCode=GM T-50396 -01

Teams=30

Download IPS patch here: 93 IPS 1.0a.zip

EDIT: Correction to ini files settings (error on my part). A complete roms.ini is now within the zip distribution which you can simply copy over your existing roms.ini

2n7kw0o.jpgLittle T.V sets, going off inside my ear.

Spacemen floating by, firecracker beer.

Chase the demons lightly, deep inside your eye.

Up and down the sidewalk, take a dodo pie.

I love you. 2n7kw0o.jpg

2n7kw0o.jpgLittle T.V sets, going off inside my ear.

Spacemen floating by, firecracker beer.

Chase the demons lightly, deep inside your eye.

Up and down the sidewalk, take a dodo pie.

I love you. 2n7kw0o.jpg

Hey dude its me, pain in the as$...I mean purplehaze. :)

I downloaded your original NHL 91 hack and still have it on my drive...play it all the time great work.

Was wondering if you knew if its possible to edit the crease with this great hack by WBOY. Mabye you could test it and tell me. I tried to edit the crease tiles in TLP but it doesnt show up in the game (like slapshot already said). Lemme know what I'm doing wrong, or mabye we just cant edit the crease yet. WBOY says theres another set of rink tiles near the end but I'm just not seeing it in TLP just green boxes. Thanks lemme know.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...