NHL'94 Forums

GDL Unofficial Trades Pt. 3

shaftman

My opologies to hokkee. i didnt get a chance to run this by you first...

but honestly 2 for 1 seemed to good to pass up and ronning and gagner are almost identical.

and the weight whore in me likes a 4 weight defencemen.

anyways..

after almost 2 hours of decision making...

Confirmed

but honestly 2 for 1 seemed to good to pass up and ronning and gagner are almost identical.

anyways..

Confirmed

Ronning and Gagner are definitely not almost identical :/

5 vs 6 weight and 5 vs 4 speed/agi. Ronning is a really effective player, while gagner is just average.

Not a bad trade though, with Pederson thrown in.

Ronning and Gagner are definitely not almost identical :/

5 vs 6 weight and 5 vs 4 speed/agi. Ronning is a really effective player, while gagner is just average.

Not a bad trade though, with Pederson thrown in.

totally agree with you on ronning and gagner being not identical at all. the one thing they have in common is that they are not snipers by any means, aside from that, pretty different.

Also, i think Pedersen is vastly, vastly over rated, his skating is so poor it makes his hitting nearly ineffective, also he is not a smart computer player, will not lay guys out on his own, possesses zero offensive skills what so ever aside from being an average passer and is not someone id ask at all to carry my defense.

skill can be better than kill.

anyways..

Confirmed

ahhhhh s**t man ...told u dont trade

him ...especially to weight whore number 1

obne thing with trading now i TRY not to improve the veteran coaches now .....i did trade sakic to sebe for kovalenko but i think kovalenko plays a much bigger role than sakic

Edited by hokkeefan

bah cmon. 5v6 in weight and 5v4 in speed. its a difference of 1 point. that cant make such a huge difference.

The difference between a 4 and a 5 can be as many as 35 points in any given game. I think there is even a difference in a player within his own rating, say with a 4, i feel like there is a difference between 77 speed one game and 65 the next.

Also, being a 5 weight means you can only be checked in open ice consistently by theo fleury and andrei kovalenko. pair that ability plus 5 speed, and you have yourself a very unique player. I can think of atleast 2 dozen players who are just like gagner, while i can only think of maybe a handful of players like ronning.

it can and does make such a huge difference.

ugh

Don't worry, it takes everyone a season or two to learn who the hidden gems are. Gotta get burned by players on other teams a lot to learn which guys are good. Always learn which players are on your opponent's team before playing them so you see the strengths and weaknesses of the players during the game.

You have to think of the stats in terms of the bell curve. The farther a stat is away from the average, the more disproportionately valuable it becomes.

Of the top 100 forwards by Overall rating (that's 68-99), the average weight is 7.13. Only 16 of them weigh 5 or less, so Ronning can usually check 84% of forwards. A guy weighing 6 can only check 61% of forwards.

Average speed of the top 100 forwards is 3.93. Only 17 of them have 5 or greater speed. Ronning can out-skate 83% of the top 100. A 4 is only faster than 26% of them (very few 3-speed guys see ice time).

Gagner's shot is way better than Ronning's, but without any 5s in power or accuracy, it's not really that much more dangerous.

Edited by smozoma

ill confirm it. id also like to trade chevy for mclean with fpb in the same trade.

(i had mclean last season and want him again for nestolgic reasons)

if you guys wont allow it cause he used up his trades take another one of mine away.

~~BLOCKBUSTER TRADE~~

HABS SENDS Sandstrom, Beaupre, Gretzky, Niedermeyer to

SEBE FOR Modano, Sakic, Howe, Rinedeau

Its true, so stop rubbing ur eyes lol

confirmed

big shake up for both teams

imma miss gretz