NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 02 - Deadlines

The league doesn't have strict "deadlines" until late in the season, but I am going to track people every week to make sure they are on a good pace with a "checkpoint" system. Checkpoints will be.. checked.. in the middle of each week (tuesday in the list below). Here is the minimum pace I want people to try to stick to:

10 games - March 17 (full schedule released on 15th)

16 games - March 24

22 games - March 31

28 games - April 7

34 games - April 14

40 games - April 21

44 games - April 28

If you miss 3 checkpoints in a row, I may give you the boot. If you're going on vacation for a while, try to play some extra games before you go.

Edited by smozoma

When do we restart the next part of our schedule? I'm just making sure I don't miss any of the next games I'll have lined up.

When do we restart the next part of our schedule? I'm just making sure I don't miss any of the next games I'll have lined up.

The second set of games is released on the 15th. Then there are about 6 weeks to finish the season.

nice to see the inactive guys get lots of time to complete their games .You A leaguers (except a few)are just sad...like really guys ...your killing your lg! All I have to say is, if you cant be active ...WHY OH WHY DO YOU JOIN LEAGUES!?

can we do trades during season?

can we do trades during season?

no

the database doesn't properly support it, and i have no intentions of programming it in, since it would be hard/time-consuming.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, people should be approaching 22 games played.

Really sorry I am lagging behind; I have been very busy lately. I played a couple games today, but I was a wreck.

Who is behind:

"A"

snoboarder3211 - 18

angryjay93 - 18

Icestorm NHL94 - 18

jrodimus31 - 18

skoolyardpuck - 14

smozoma - 12

jesusplaysnhl94 - 12

"B"

metzgerism - 16

Could I be allotted a pardon here smo?

I took command of a team that had logged a decent amount of games (15 or so if I recollect, wait maybe 10?). These games were wiped clean when I took the helm - not at my request I should add, and would of really helped me in the standings since my game hasn't completely thawed out yet.

17 games are filed away right now and I hope to surmount at least 20 by the end of Sunday, but I'm asking for some leeway here because it's unlikely that Quebec will meet that deadline.

Thanks.

Could I be allotted a pardon here smo?

I took command of a team that had logged a decent amount of games (15 or so if I recollect, wait maybe 10?). These games were wiped clean when I took the helm - not at my request I should add, and would of really helped me in the standings since my game hasn't completely thawed out yet.

17 games are filed away right now and I hope to surmount at least 20 by the end of Sunday, but I'm asking for some leeway here because it's unlikely that Quebec will meet that deadline.

Thanks.

Yep, you're keeping a good pace, don't worry about it.

I think that team had only 6 games played, actually, that I deleted.

whos taking over skool? I hope hes the last replacement in this lg, this looks like a 2on2 season

whos taking over skool? I hope hes the last replacement in this lg, this looks like a 2on2 season

hmm.. sigh, i don't know. i don't want to give the team to someone who can't compete in A and further dilute the talent. We lost sebe, gr81, minddeffect, and bo this season, which is a huge blow to the whole idea of "A" being the elite league. i am considering just removing the team from the schedule and maybe adding some games to make up for it.

So, how many guys completed their games now? Someone should make a list.

As of now, here's how we stand in games played:

44 - hokkeefan, Iceguy94 (me), Houlanov

41 - Donnybrook

38 - shaftman

36 - Matt Hurray

33 - Zalex1414

31 - Rynweinmeyer

27 - Rage93

24 - metz

How many games do we have left? Or have we completed them already?

So, how many guys completed their games now? Someone should make a list.

As of now, here's how we stand in games played:

44 - hokkeefan, Iceguy94 (me), Houlanov

41 - Donnybrook

38 - shaftman

36 - Matt Hurray

33 - Zalex1414

31 - Rynweinmeyer

27 - Rage93

24 - metz

How many games do we have left? Or have we completed them already?

Um everyone is supposed to play 44 games... :/

I think it would be much more useful to make a list of guys who have NOT completed their games :lol:

I think I am the worst offender, too.

Well, that's why I count them down. Donnybrook is close to wrap up his games; so are shaftman and Matt. Zalex and Ryn will be getting close. Rage and Metz should have time to finish the games they have remaining.

Kinda curious that the ones finishing their games first will wait a long while, huh? Is the playoff gonna be like the last season you made, smoz?

Well, that's why I count them down. Donnybrook is close to wrap up his games; so are shaftman and Matt. Zalex and Ryn will be getting close. Rage and Metz should have time to finish the games they have remaining.

Kinda curious that the ones finishing their games first will wait a long while, huh? Is the playoff gonna be like the last season you made, smoz?

yeah.. top 8 in each league

The next checkpoint is 34 games played by Tuesday night, the 14th.

Here are the people who are behind:

"A"

18 - snoboarder3211

22 - jrodimus31

25 - angryjay93

27 - jesusplaysnhl94

27 - EnsuingFracas

28 - smozoma

29 - Icestorm NHL94

That's right, 7 of 12 teams in A are behind schedule. (Although jesusplaysnhl94 and EnsuingFracas have done pretty well considering when they started)

"B"

26 - metzgerism

27 - Rage93

31 - rynweinmeyer

33 - Zalex1414

PLEASE catch up!

The next checkpoint after this is 40 games - April 21

Those not making the 40-game deadline will receive penalties applied to their draft position for next season.

Those not making the final deadline (44 games - April 28) will receive penalties both to their draft position and their playoff ranking (those on the bubble may find themselves missing the playoffs just due to DNP penalties).

The penalties will be like last season -- 2 points per game split between the 2 coaches missing a game in the ratio of their total DNP totals (so if you played most of your games and the other guy was way behind, he gets most of the penalty points)

Slated to play jrod tonight, geared up to play Ice earlier but he was having connection snafu's and we agreed to play the series later.

Only coach that I have games with that I haven't seen on AIM and hasn't responded to my pm was EnsuingFracas.