3. Jammer - KO94IIsnes

[Oct, 2018 - Vancouver, BC] - KING of '94 III

Would love one of these!
  4. Blake

Angryjay 93: Youtube Channel Updates

I started doing '94 exclusively but i havent uploaded in ages
  5. Jkline3

The 1910s

I'm putting the final touches on 1911 and should be able to upload by the weekend. I plan to keep making seasons in chronological order (as I have time) as it is so much easier when you can carry over much of the work and research from the previous season. @CutterTML cool, I only learned about the Berlin/Kitchener name change from doing this project. Any ideas where the Dutchmen played? That was one of the rink names I had to make up because I couldn't locate any information.
  6. smozoma

Bit of technical/presentation feedback... Haven't had time to watch the videos fully yet sorry. I don't know if it's intentional or has some meaning, but I think the big Jagr & Stevens text needs to be removed, it's visually distracting. Looks like a title for the video. The game video is stretched to widescreen, but should be more like the original 4:3 ratio. So I'd recommend making the screen more like some of the streams from other events, where the game video is 4:3 and fills more of the screen vertically, and then the facecam video is beside the game video instead of above it. (You can crop the facecam video to also be 4:3 if you want it to be bigger/taller) I recommend getting a microphone to improve audio quality. The one that Troy and Halifax use is the Samson Meteor, which is small and folds up nicely (for transport to tourneys): https://www.amazon.com/Samson-Meteor-Studio-Microphone-Chrome/dp/B004MF39YS
  7. CutterTML

The 1910s

Im proud to be from Berlin aka Kitchener... Looking forward to more seasons from the 1910s.... maybe 20s 30s 40s as well PLEASE!!! Im doing research for a ROM I want to do and will release info soon
  8. angryjay93

I just posted my newest video on youtube. It's the first video in my beginner series where I explain some of the finer points of NHL '94 that newer people may not know. These videos are directed towards newer people but vets are also encouraged to watch and contribute if they like. I'm still working on my Team breakdowns for GENS and will hopefully be able to record my video for Boston over the weekend. The script is ready to go, I just need to shoot footage.
  9. @MikeGartner22 and I actually had a desync. Not sure what exactly happened, but we were able to continue after reconnecting. He loaded the save state and we continued, which was great because there was 1:30 left in the third. I noticed desyncs happen when one player stays in the RetroArch menu for too long.
  10. Bump, updated a few items in this.
  11. Creating a Save State in RetroArch This process will be the same for both Genesis and SNES. Before your first time playing online against an opponent, please make sure the following settings have been set: Under Settings->Saving, set Save State Auto Index to ON. This will eliminate the need to increment save states after each game, and prevent overwriting of saves (very useful!!). Check your default save state directory - Make sure you know where the saves will be stored. This can be changed and set to whatever you'd like. The default path is "RetroArch\states". So, if you followed the Setup Guide and installed RetroArch in C:\RetroArch, they will be found in "C:\RetroArch\states". If you would like to change the path, go to Settings->Directory, and change the path for "Savestates" to whatever your heart desires. Play the game, save on the 3-Stars screen, or the Final Summary Screen - The Default button to save a state is F2. F7 will increment (not needed if Save State Auto Index is set as above), F6 will decrement. Once the 3-Stars screen pops up at the end of the game, hit the F2 button to save the state. You will see a message in the bottom left corner telling you the state was saved, and the slot number it was saved to. The save can also be made at the Final Summary Screen (where the Exit Game option is seen, along with the Scoreboard). If you do decide to save at the Final Summary Screen, just make sure a "game highlight" is not playing!! Once the game is saved, you can navigate to your Save State folder and upload the game to the nhl94online.com site.
  12. skip

Hacks of non-NHL Games

These ROMs are probably better. I made some more ROMs and some updates to 2017 and 2018. I'll update the 2018 teams to include Cleveland and probably Arizona since Ohtani's season is now over :-( The "Legends" ROM is my favorite, and takes the top 4 American and National League World Series Champs (by team wins) and add the best players from that team's history. So, Babe Ruth and Derek Jeter are on the Yankees, etc. For the 9th and 10th teams, I did an MLB "Legends" team and a Negro League Legends team. For the players, their career ERA and Avg is listed, along with best single-season HR total. I'll take a break for a while but this was fun, so I'll probably do some more in the future. I hope you guys enjoy. I tried to sign up for the RBI Baseball Forums but it didn't work and emailing people was impossible. RBI1998skip_nes.nes RBI2004skip_nes.nes RBI2017skip_nes.nes RBI2018skip_nes.nes RBILegendsSkip_nes.nes
  13. skip

2018 World Cup Pool

I'm doing great if we had to pick one of the three outcomes we didn't think would happen.
  14. chaos

RetroArch Setup Guide

Bump. The hardest part about the setup is the controller. Well, it looks like some controllers will be identified by RetroArch and will use a preset controller configuration. With this, you won't have to worry about setting up your controller, it will work right out of the box. If yours works out of the box, let me know so we can compile a list. I know that the RetroUSB adapters, iBuffalo controllers, XBox 360, PS4 are autoconfigured.
  15. Ziggy Stardust

Accurate 92-93 season rosters/lines for NHL '94

I'll have to dig through my old roster files on my external drive, but I think I might have actual recreated accurate rosters for the PC version. Since the console versions only allowed for three forward lines, I would usually rotate the unused skaters in the secondary PP/PK units. Here are the lines the Kings rolled with during the '93 playoffs. Line 1: Rychel-Gretzky-Sandstrom-Zhitnik-Blake Line 2: Robitaille-Kurri-Shuchuk-Sydor-Huddy Line 3: Donnelly-Millen-Granato-Watters-McSorley PP Line 1: Robitaille-Gretzky-Sandstrom-Zhitnik-Blake PP Line 2: Granato-Carson-Kurri-Sydor-McSorley PK Line 1: Conacher-Taylor-Watters-Blake PK Line 2: Gretzky-Kurri-Huddy-McSorley Goal: Hrudey-Stauber
  16. smozoma

Accurate 92-93 season rosters/lines for NHL '94

Sounds like a cool idea I guess you have to watch old video and check boxscores to figure out who played together?
  17. Yesterday
  18. Despite the fact that Anaheim and Florida were added to NHL '94 with incomplete rosters, I always attempted to recreate my own version of the 92-93 season/playoffs, with the Los Angeles Kings coming out on top of course. I was curious to see if there were others who preferred to update the lineups for teams to match what they actually were back then as opposed to loading up on one line with line changes and offsides turned off. So yeah, I was insane enough to insert Warren Rychel on LW alongside Wayne Gretzky and Tomas Sandstrom while Luc Robitaille was on the 2nd line, centered by Jari Kurri, with Gary Shuchuk on the opposite wing. As a stickler for accuracy, I couldn't help it. Anyhow, if others are interested, should we share accurate lineups of our respective favorite clubs in this thread?
  19. As of now, save states from either Gens or RetroArch (using the Genesis Plus GX core) can be uploaded the site. This might change in the future. Make sure you select the type of save you are uploading (Gens is the default selection). SNES is set up as well, but there are no SNES leagues currently running. SNES will show the ZSNES and RetroArch (Snes9x core) options. As far as making a save state in RetroArch, I will make a separate post about this.
  20. kingraph

2018 World Cup Pool

Oh....you had to pick the WINNERS of each match? That changes everything.
  21. halifax

2018 World Cup Pool

you guys and your home run picks...we're all jealous.
  22. smozoma

2018 World Cup Pool

You're in 2nd now, it's working
  23. STR8BATTLER

Anyone in los angeles down to scrum?

thank you
  24. Last week
  25. angryjay93

Hey guys, I just want to give a little bit of an update here since I haven't posted anything new in about 10 days now. I'm starting to work on a beginner series to be paired up with King of 94 III signups which should be announced in the upcoming weeks. I'm going to direct these videos more towards our newer people on the forums and people signing up for their first live tournament. The first video of this series should be ready to go up tonight or tomorrow. I'm also working on my team breakdowns as well, I hope to have a new one up within a week and it should be much shorter in duration. I'm aiming for about 20-25 minutes in duration. I'm not looking to whittle down on content, I just want to be more efficient with it is all. Once the next video goes up, I'll be sure to share it on the website for all to see.
  26. I was able to figure out the RetroArch save state layout for Genesis Plus GX core. I was able to upload a game on my local testing server, all the stats look good!!! Prob sometime tonight I will upload the updated page so that either Gens or RetroArch saves can be used for the Summer League. Once we get a decent amount of games played with RetroArch we can make a final "official" decision.
  27. kgman

2018 World Cup Pool

best soccer game ever cause its my first one! wow just discovered this
  28. kgman

Making offline solo play challenging

I wonder if ai is hackable
  29. CoachMac

Making offline solo play challenging

Play with any team using the Original Rom. Line Changes ON. Penalties ON, no offsides. You must use the 3 lowest rated forwards and 2 worst defensemen on Line 1, PP1, and PK 1. You must use the lowest rated goalie. You must always select Line 1, PP1, and PK1. You may use your timeout. Line 2 should be the next 3 worst forwards and next 2 worst defensemen. Checking Line same as Line 1. Challenge #1 Try and win the Cup on single game mode. Challenge #2 Try and won the Cup and Go 16-0 on Best of 7 Mode.
  1. Load more activity