All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. NHL 94- 2018 edition

it'll be cool if the 32nd team you can edit it on NOSE
  3. Yesterday
  4. Premium Retro League

Toronto sweeps Chicago Toronto (Jer33) 6-2-0 Montreal (Tex) 5-6-1 Detroit (Ice) 3-1-0 Boston (Aqua) 2-2-0 New York (KingRaph) 0-0-0 Chicago (Coach) 0-4-0
  5. Ko94 II groups

This is partially sarcastic...I know Coach is about 50x stronger than he was in Toronto. I am predicting an elite 8 finish for sure.
  6. Ko94 II groups

Tough Break for the KingRaph getting put I'm my group!
  7. Ko94 II groups

I had to change it around a bit as I realized some guys would've been playing at the same time on both systems. Plus some guys that are new to the tournament don't want to play against their friends. So I've separated them out. And we've had a couple new people in the last few days. And I need to make sure we have "admins/referees" available.
  8. Premium Retro League

Montreal (corbettkb) vs Toronto (jer) GAME 1: 3-6 (TOR) GAME 2: 2-4 (TOR) GAME 3: 4-1 (MTL) Game 4: 9-5 (MTL)
  9. Last week
  10. NHL 2017 deadline by naples39

Sounds good to me.
  11. NHL 94- 2018 edition

I'm so excited.
  12. NHL 94- 2018 edition

32nd team, I wonder who it will be. A Hall Of Fame dream team perhaps?
  13. NHL17 by Skip and Slapshot67 - Major Update!

So the "bin" file download is the actual game correct? If so, do bin files work on the NES classic mini in the same way zip files work?
  14. Premium Retro League

Montreal (corbettkb) vs Boston (aqualizard) GAME 1: 7-4 (MTL) GAME 2: 5-4 (MTL) GAME 3: 3-4 (BOS) Game 4: 2-5 (BOS)
  15. Premium Retro League

Montreal (corbettkb) vs Detroit (Icestorm) GAME 1: 4-4 (TIE) GAME 2: 7-2 (MTL) GAME 3: 3-7 (DET) Game 4: 3-6 (DET)
  16. The 2018 ROM will be released as soon as rosters are finalized by the teams. The ROM itself is good to go, and it is pretty sweet!
  17. NHL 2017 deadline by naples39

Planned release is shortly after opening day. I want to have opening day rosters/numbers/lines in official release.
  18. NHL 2017 deadline by naples39

really want to pimp this out for ya bud once she's all done. hopefully before i go to the vegas knights game next thursday. boom!
  19. King of 94 II - tournament format

top 3 on each console...somewhere around 60-30-10.
  20. King of 94 II - tournament format

we will have some there just like last time.
  21. King of 94 II - tournament format

I'll definitely being my own controller, I'm particular in my use of the MK-1653. Has the prize structure been determined?
  22. NHL 2017 deadline by naples39

great work I can't stay off it. I appreciate what you do !
  23. Premium Retro League

Season is On! PRLpatrick1.bin I have sent rom and asked chaos to set us up. Hopefully he will and everyone will thank him for all he does. Until then save states and post results. As stated before I would love to play King, Aqua, and Tex Live in Vegas. You will need USB adapter and a controller to do this. Play each team 4 times 2 H and 2 A. Only 1 deadline for Regular Season. It ends October 15. Playoffs will be done by Halloween. GL, and Have Fun
  24. Premium Retro League

My line LD - Murphy RD - Johansson LW - Jagr C - Tikkanen RW - Ridley Kurvers to come in on D on Penalty. Xtra attacker - Khristich
  25. NHL 2017 deadline by naples39

Example:
  26. NHL 2017 deadline by naples39

If all you ever wished for was EA to continue making NHL games in the '94 format, then you won't be disappointed with these roms. There are no major visual differences between the original game and the roms except for updated teams, colors, and on-ice enhancements (coaches behind the bench, center ice logo, trapezoid net lines, etc.). Some people have mentioned that goal songs don't always match the teams from the original, but that doesn't bother me. From a gameplay perspective, the AI seems to be better defensively, but I could be misremembering how the original cartridge played. The original game had a "weight/checking bug" where smaller players (Theoren Fleury) could truck everyone, but players with 100 check rating couldn't actually check. Some of the roms fixed that bug so that it plays more accurately. You can read about that bug on this site somewhere. Other than that, the overall quality is outstanding. Naples39 and the rest of the people making the roms do a tremendous job and deserve a shrine in the Hall of Fame. Or at least eternal gratitude from this community.
  27. NHL'95 Expanded ROM Project

This is amazing. Keep up the great work guys.
  28. NHL 2017 deadline by naples39

I have been a long time fan of NHL 94; however, I have yet to try one of these modified roms. How well do the work in general in comparison with the original NHL 94 rom? I have downloaded a few modified roms for Techno Super Bowl and they have been tremendous. Does anyone know how this particular rom compares in terms of quality?
  1. Load more activity