NHL'94 Forums

How can you edit the overall team rating?

Does anyone know how to edit the overall rating for the teams? I can't find it in NOSE. Does anyone know the addresses of the ratings in the ROM?

Thanks

• Love 1
  • Like 1

It's right before the "best line" i.e. for Toronto it's the number 48 (489600 then comes the best line -> 01111208030C0E) You can look for the "signed byte" number (which in this case is 72).

I think that's how it is anyway. I think it's the same on genesis. Hope it helps.

Edit.. Check out wboy's post here: http://www.nhl94.com/forum/index.php?s=&sh...findpost&p=1722

Adding the overall rating support was something I was meaning to get around to, but just haven't... :) next release...

Look back for a related thread... I sure someone has posted where it is stored. They are all stored/grouped together (unlike/different to SNES).

Easiest way to find it is to get first four team values ANH,BOS,BUF,CGY.... convert to hex... then search for the bytes.... e.g. 365A4B44.

I'm in a rush to head out the door right now, otherwise I'd find the thread or offset for you.

• 3 years later...

Update:

In the original ROM, the team ratings are located at 0FE18E (the first few values are 33 4C 49 4B...)

In the 30-team ROM, the team ratings are located at 1DCA24

There is a 'pointer' located at 0FE17C that contains one of the addresses above, depending on the ROM. (You don't need to change this number, it just tells you which of the other two addresses to use).

In the image below, using the original 26-team ROM, the number circled in blue is the 'pointer' containing the address 000FE18E, and a bit below that is the data to change at the 000FE18E location.

post-253-1262057069_thumb.png

Here is the 30-team ROM. This image only shows the data to change. (the pointer is way earlier in the ROM..)

post-253-1262057210_thumb.png

Edited by smozoma

• 1 month later...