NHL'94 Forums

Blitz Passing %

IceStorm70

Was noticing earlier this season that the passing% of the teams in A seemed a little higher then normal. Just did some historical checking (so easy with smo's website) here's the skinny:

Seasons 1 thru 4:

2 of 44 teams had a passing % >60 for an average of 4.5%

Season 5:

10 of 12 have a passing % >60 for an average of 85%

What is going on? On a side note scoring is naturally up as well.

I started adding one-timer attempts to the completed passes totals ;)

(because there is a bug in the game: it doesn't record a onetimer as a successful pass)

One day I'll go back and re-process all the historical games so they also have this.

Shooting a one-timer on a rebound after the puck touches the stick also eliminates the assist done by 1 or 2 players as well when the shot is being executed. It tends to happen at times, so the assist bug is also present there.

Now that I think about it, when you control a goalie and stuff a player along with his shot, does it count as a save? What about unintentional lobs that the goalie catches?

Edited by RedWingDevil

Shooting a one-timer on a rebound after the puck touches the stick also eliminates the assist done by 1 or 2 players as well when the shot is being executed. It tends to happen at times, so the assist bug is also present there.

Now that I think about it, when you control a goalie and stuff a player along with his shot, does it count as a save? What about unintentional lobs that the goalie catches?

a shot in this game is when you press C and it either goes in or hits the goalie (which is why pass shots don't count as shots)

that is a different assist bug -- if the goalie momentarily has control of the puck and then it goes in, then the assists are wiped off because the other team had possession of the puck.

a shot in this game is when you press C and it either goes in or hits the goalie (which is why pass shots don't count as shots)

that is a different assist bug -- if the goalie momentarily has control of the puck and then it goes in, then the assists are wiped off because the other team had possession of the puck.

Okay, those count as well for it; but what I really meant is that when you give a pass to someone for a one-timer, it seems that the stick hits the puck just before it makes good contact thus seemingly botching the reception and when the shooting animation is still on, the shooter manages to shoot it in on his self-rebound. When there's a score that's when the asisst(s) get removed from the passer(s)

Okay, those count as well for it; but what I really meant is that when you give a pass to someone for a one-timer, it seems that the stick hits the puck just before it makes good contact thus seemingly botching the reception and when the shooting animation is still on, the shooter manages to shoot it in on his self-rebound. When there's a score that's when the asisst(s) get removed from the passer(s)

The missing pass is just a programming oversight: someone forgot to increment the passes-completed count on a one-timer.

I think the assist is missing because the puck touched an opponent, erasing the assists. The game has 3 variables: currently holding the puck, first assist, second assist. When the puck hits the goalie, it deletes the assists and makes the goalie the 'currently holding the puck' player, and then when the player double-shoots it, he becomes 'currently holding the puck' and since the assists were deleted, he's the only one that gets a point on the goal.

I have seen this happen a couple when you onetime the puck, it hits a defender's leg, then the auto-rebound shoots it in. The assists are lost. And the same if it's off the goalie.

I could be wrong, though, if anyone can find a case where the player double-shoots without it being a onetimer and the assists aren't removed...