NHL'94 Forums

GDL Records

kingraph

Hes so right tho, u wouldnt have those stats if everyone juste kept leavimg everytime they lose like you do.

I think FPB kept playing when that happened 😂

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought this would be interesting...here are the lifetime goalie save %'s from GDL 06-13 (8 seasons) of the top 24 most used goalies:

01. Patrick Roy ----------.697
02. Ed Belfour -----------.690
03. Tommy Soderstrom -----.670
04. Tim Cheveldae --------.662
05. Andy Moog ------------.660
06. Chris Terreri --------.659
07. Jon Casey ------------.658
08. Bill Ranford ---------.654
09. Grant Fuhr -----------.651
10. Bob Essensa ----------.634
11. Ron Hextall ----------.634
12. Mike Vernon ----------.629
13. Dominik Hasek --------.628
14. Sean Burke -----------.628
15. Curtis Joseph --------.626
16. Tom Barrasso ---------.624
17. Felix Potvin ---------.622
18. Kelly Hrudey ---------.622
19. Don Beaupre ----------.619
20. Kirk McLean ----------.616
21. John Blue ------------.614
22. John Vanbiesbrk ------.605
23. Mike Richter ---------.605
24. Daren Puppa ----------.587

From the Internet Archive I was able to get season 01-04 overall standings (or close to it), so I had goals for/against by coach by season. Apparently nobody knew how to score in season 01 and 02 except for AJ, who blew up with 387 goals (6.91/game!) in season 02. The top 5 lowest GA/G were in those two seasons, and top 7 out of 10 were from 01-04. I also got some player stats from 01 and 03, so updated some goals/assists/sog/PIM with that. Most surprising is some guy named Jamonica scoring 55 goals with Housley in season 03, tied for best by a dman thus far!

From the Internet Archive I was able to get season 01-04 overall standings (or close to it), so I had goals for/against by coach by season. Apparently nobody knew how to score in season 01 and 02 except for AJ, who blew up with 387 goals (6.91/game!) in season 02. The top 5 lowest GA/G were in those two seasons, and top 7 out of 10 were from 01-04. I also got some player stats from 01 and 03, so updated some goals/assists/sog/PIM with that. Most surprising is some guy named Jamonica scoring 55 goals with Housley in season 03, tied for best by a dman thus far!

AJ's Sandstrom in GDL2 declared jihad on the league that season... straight up monster.

AJ's Sandstrom in GDL2 declared jihad on the league that season... straight up monster.

Assuming a similar scoring ratio to season 03 for AJ (where I have both player and total data), Sandstrom probably scored ~228 that season, cracking the top 5 all-time.

I had 232 goals with Sandstom but EA went nuclear as he beat me by 30-40 points for the scoring race in season 2

Damn AJ, you have a good memory... although I still have nightmares of you wreaking havoc with Sandstrom... which I then had to relive in Classic this year!

Damn AJ, you have a good memory... although I still have nightmares of you wreaking havoc with Sandstrom... which I then had to relive in Classic this year!

Ha, I wish. I just remember I did some sort of silly end of season write up and in that write up I included all of my individual stats. Unfortunately, I couldn't find your roenick stats anywhere.

Ha, I wish. I just remember I did some sort of silly end of season write up and in that write up I included all of my individual stats. Unfortunately, I couldn't find your roenick stats anywhere.

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php/topic/3460-buffalo-season-review/

Nice! At least we have Sandstrom's season 02 records included now...most points and most goals cracked the list. Also Don Sweeney's 88 points made the list for dmen.

With a dominant season with Sandstrom in season 02, how on earth did the league let you draft him again in season 03????

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php/topic/3460-buffalo-season-review/

With a dominant season with Sandstrom in season 02, how on earth did the league let you draft him again in season 03????

The community as a whole was just learning about the weight bug at this point and we all went nuts over it. so I grabbed Sandstom with the 35th pick in season 2 and then felt compelled to use the 15th in the next draft to maintain control. I think I even drafted him in 4 but I sold my soul to weight bug whoring and traded him.

• 2 months later...

GDL 14 regular season is complete and the records have been updated (thanks Chaos!). New entries are bolded in the OP, but here is a summary of anything notable (hit top 3). Anything that is a game record has a link to the boxscore:

Coach - Most Goals in a Season - Plabax 412, 2nd all time!

Coach - Most Combined Assists in a Season - Plabax 499 - 2nd all time!

Coach - Most Combined Assists in a Single Game - Plabax - 25, 2nd all time!

Coach - Most Penalty Minutes in a Season - Skip, 250, NEW RECORD! (previous was 232)

Coach - Most Penalty Minutes in a Season - Uncle Seth, 242, 2nd all time!

Coach - Most PIM in a Single Game - Darko, 16, tied for 1st!

Coach - GA/G in a Season (no OT Calc) - kingraph, 2.34, NEW RECORD! (previous was 2.57)

Player - Most Points in a Single Game - Adam Oates (Plabax), 15, tied for 1st!

Player - Most Assists in a Season - Pat LaFontaine (kingraph), 190, NEW RECORD! (previous was 170)

Player - Most Assists in a Season - Adam Oates (Plabax), 129, 3rd all time!

Player - Most Assists in a Single Game - Adam Oates (Plabax), 8, tied for 3rd!

Player - Most Shots in a Single Game - Dino Ciccarelli (Zalex), 20, tied for 1st!

Defensemen - Most SOG in a Season - Ray Bourque (Brutus), 161, NEW RECORD! (previous was 132)

Defensemen - Most PIM in a Season - Gary Suter (Uncle Seth), 68, 2nd all time!

Goalies - Save% in a Season - Ed Belfour (kingraph), .733, 3rd all time!

Goalies - GAA in a Season - Ed Belfour (kingraph), 2.34, NEW RECORD! (previous was 2.81)

Goalies - Shutouts in a Season - Ed Belfour (kingraph), 8, NEW RECORD! (previous was 6)

Combined Game Record - Most Goals, 22, IceStorm/Sicarius, tied for 3rd!

It seems as if the game maxes out at 16 penalty minutes.

I remember this game. Looks like my guys were in the box on each play i defend!!! More i don't know if it's possible!!!

But hey i have one record in GDL!!! Not the one i expected but it's cool!

cool to see these stats, congrats on everyone for attaining them. Of course I have the only DETRIMENTAL stat LOL. Suter is a penalty-taking machine. Drives me insane. All I wanted was an agile middleweight D-man with good passing and a decent shot. F-this guy, he's worse than Tikkanen even. I have no idea why either, as his checking and aggression stats aren't sky high. At least 75% of his penalties are done on his own too.

cool to see these stats, congrats on everyone for attaining them. Of course I have the only DETRIMENTAL stat LOL. Suter is a penalty-taking machine. Drives me insane. All I wanted was an agile middleweight D-man with good passing and a decent shot. F-this guy, he's worse than Tikkanen even. I have no idea why either, as his checking and aggression stats aren't sky high. At least 75% of his penalties are done on his own too.

As random as some penalties are, you actually had the 2nd highest penalty minutes for a season, only eclipsed by Skip this year too! In fact, I made it #4, so we saw a CRAZY amount of penalties this season compared to others (I will check that actually).

To think that 3 of the top 4 all-time (200+ teams since GDL06) happened THIS season alone is either a freak occurance, or the proliferation of CB checking is having an effect on penalties.

I'll take a look and see if there's a consistency in players or coaches with regards to penalties.

As random as some penalties are, you actually had the 2nd highest penalty minutes for a season, only eclipsed by Skip this year too! In fact, I made it #4, so we saw a CRAZY amount of penalties this season compared to others (I will check that actually).

To think that 3 of the top 4 all-time (200+ teams since GDL06) happened THIS season alone is either a freak occurance, or the proliferation of CB checking is having an effect on penalties.

I'll take a look and see if there's a consistency in players or coaches with regards to penalties.

I think CB check adds to the penalties, I'll have games where every CB attempt cost me a penalty.

Also I hold the record for most PM's by a dman for a season from GDL 12 when I was really on top of my CB check game (I had no choice if you looked at my roster) with 10 weight Z Zalapski, CB checking machine.

Edited by Lupz27

^ on the surface that would seem to make sense, but CB's don't appear to result in any greater chance of a penalty, at least in my experience. If anything, I think its less of a chance than a C-check. Just my observation, obviously no #'s to back it up.

What I have noticed is that a CB hit has a greater chance of resulting in an injury, again in my experience.

Also, I think the computer does stuff that players you control simply can't, or don't do often, like slashing and holding. IMO, the biggest reason the computer takes a greater % of penalties is because of that mixed with the fact that there are 4 other guys at any given time that are being controlled by the computer,....compared to the 1 guy you're controlling who can't slash and rarely holds. So it's probability they take more and also because they have a bigger arsenal of ways to commit "crimes".

Lastly, faster & more agile players cover more ice in any given game and therefore increase their ability to get close to opposing players and in the mix of things, which increases the probability of taking a PIM.

Then we have checking and aggression that also factor in.

Make sense? Feel free to agree/disagree unless your name is TK. In that case, go ahead and troll.

Edited by Uncle Seth

Most PIMs ever, yes! I don't CB check, only mash C all day. Also, I want to know if JR broke the hits record!! :-)

Unfortunately we don't keep track of checks in GDL because we don't include the hack that separates in-game checks vs post-whistle checks. The checks stat is meaningless.

Also, people say it's largely computer based but I'm behind Jrodimus's strat that if you go ape yourself your CPU does too and you get more penalties.

Seth's a very aggressive defender and a couple of the same guys regularly are on the top of PIMS (lol BO)

Also, people say it's largely computer based but I'm behind Jrodimus's strat that if you go ape yourself your CPU does too and you get more penalties.

Seth's a very aggressive defender and a couple of the same guys regularly are on the top of PIMS (lol BO)

I agree with some of this, I always notice when I press A to hold my whole team starts using the same tactic more, I don't use that tactic often so it's a small sample size, but happens every time I do use the tactic the cpu controlled players seem to hold more frequently.

All I know is EVERY TIME I've ever played w/ Ray Bourque, he comes close to leading the league in penalty minutes.

And, I didn't use them together in the regular season, but McSorley & Bourque COMBO in the exi's during preseason seemed to indicate I was going to break a record or something. It's half the reason I ended up going with Musil to try to avoid the constant penalty kill I was dealing with.

But play a game with McSorley & Ray Ray, and you will definitely feel the penalty factor.

Unfortunately we don't keep track of checks in GDL because we don't include the hack that separates in-game checks vs post-whistle checks. The checks stat is meaningless.

I thought it was approved last seaosn to only count in game checks.