NHL'94 Forums

3 Stars Sponsor

Do you know where the pro set logo is located in the 93 ROM? Maybe its in a similar spot in 94, but there is blank space that you can overwrite.

However given how precious ROM space was for EA, I doubt they left it blank.

I am not sure where it is but DaDonch changed it in the 93 GDL rom and easnhockey put in a cool Diet Coke emblem in one of his roms.

So those guys may no where it is and be able to post.

It looks weird like they left it out.

I am not sure where it is but DaDonch changed it in the 93 GDL rom and easnhockey put in a cool Diet Coke emblem in one of his roms.

So those guys may no where it is and be able to post.

It looks weird like they left it out.

I took a quick look at the easn ROM with the coke logo and it's different than the standard '93 ROM (1MB vs 512kb). I guess there's a '93 uncompressed ROM to do graphic hacks. Anyway, it was easy to find the coke logo to change, but I didn't find the pro set logo in the original '93 ROM.

I found this interesting....when you use GENS and go to "CPU --> debug --> Genesis VDP", it usually brings up some graphics tiles and a palette. Now, I don't know what this actually does, but I tinker around with it to possibly help identify graphics/palettes. When I brought this up on the latest Blitz ROM during the intermission screen (which is where the Pro Set logo shows up in '93), do you see anything familiar?

34et9ht.jpg

So I actually think the ProSet image is still somewhere in the ROM! I still don't know if that space is available to use, and if it also repeats in the 3-stars, but I'm intrigued enough to poke around more and see what I can find.

the 93 proset logo has 18 tiles, 94 has 15 tiles, so no proset logo, you can however put in another logo. it also does not show in the 3-stars screen, will also have to add it.

How would you put another logo? Seems like tile BC266 (all black) is shared across the entire screen. See when I change it to a different color:

uyaah.jpg

to add a logo to the scoreboard, change the tiles in a hex editor. I changed the logo to numbers in TM for your reference.

you can also rearrange those tiles in hex editor according to your logo.

post-292-0-57229000-1428339642_thumb.png

Edited by slapshot67

Oh, so cool, I didn't know you can do that. I think I have enough to practice with, with your screenshot, that is very helpful. Can you reference ANY other tile?

In theory, could you create color player cards in 4bpp and change the reference tiles in the hex editor too?

the 3-stars screen is however in a different location, it is in with the rink tiles, I took a quick look at your blitz 10 rom and I think all the tiles are used up. bench goalie, coaches, time judge, etc. might have to remove something to add a logo to the 3-stars screen, or might be able to shift some around and find free tiles.

I have never really looked at player cards, so I'm not sure if color cards could be possible. will take a look.

Edited by slapshot67

the boards are hactive and it's nice.

to add a logo to the scoreboard, change the tiles in a hex editor. I changed the logo to numbers in TM for your reference.

you can also rearrange those tiles in hex editor according to your logo.

attachicon.gifproset-logo.png

I understand what you did, but I have no idea how you figured this out.

How did you know which offsets in the hex editor to change? (i.e., figure out that they correspond to the tile placement on the scoreboard?)

Then, how do you know the replacement values (0049, 004A, 004B..etc) would be the location of the new tiles? (EDIT, I see the tiles are numbered, and they follow the order, but still confused on how exactly you knew where it started, etc).

this is some hex info on a couple of graphics in wboy 30 team rom.

yellow - image rom data
purple arrow & purple - graphic pointer and start of logo
blue - graphic length/data info
red - graphic data
light blue - color palettes
pink - logo tile length and width
green - logo/image tile layout
blue arrow - end of graphic/start of another graphic
brown arrow - start location

post-292-0-12186300-1428673991_thumb.png

post-292-0-33645600-1428673994_thumb.png

post-292-0-16696200-1428673999_thumb.png

post-292-0-46548700-1428674005_thumb.png

so after each graphic in TM, below it will be that image rom data.

Edited by slapshot67

• 1 year later...