NHL'94 Forums

NHL 95 forever!

Johan Emanuelsson

I can't seem to run the editors in Windows 7 (x64) or in DOSBOX.. anyone?

Which editors you are trying to run and what happens when you are trying to run it?

:Let's see..

NHLINFO.exe

NHL9395.exe

NHLEDIT2.exe

All give the error.. "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program..."

Thx for any help.

Have you tried combability mode?

Are those all DOS editors?

I am using version 5.72 of NHLinfo and that works fine in Windows 7.

I put it here in attachment, so you can try it if you didnt already had it.

EDIT: Sorry, I made bad package, it was without wnhlinfo.exe.

Edited by Kiba

Thanks, do you have the WNHLINFO.exe too ?

I can't find a valid link on the net...

I have tried compatibility mode for all Win 95-XP to no avail.

Thx for the download, can you tell me how to get it working? There is no executable file - do I need a command prompt?

Jer

Sorry, I forgot that exe and also info files, but you can download NHLInfo 5.72 from here: http://members.shaw....uri/nhlinfo.zip

Thx, I'll test when I get home.

BTW - I played some '95 playoffs yesterday and had a blast.

Has anyone successfully played online yet?

Jer

Sorry, I forgot that exe and also info files, but you can download NHLInfo 5.72 from here: http://members.shaw....uri/nhlinfo.zip

It works on both XP and Windows 7. Thx.

Can you tell me what exactly I can do with this other than set line-ups?

Is there a utility that will allow me to trade/swap players?

I think you should read txt-files through from that zip-file ;)

You can do many things with NHLinfo. You can "trade" players if you want to, but there is no actual need to trade, unless you dont want to, because you can simply transfer players to other teams. Of course there is limit with positions but, no actual trading is mandatory. You can delete players and make new ones. You can make new schedule for games. You can change player names and attributes. You can change Teams names and other info. You can change images in game (well that have been bit difficult with some pictures in my case, I have explained that on other thread). You can view your season and playoffs stats and even change them if there is need for that. You can print out stats, attributes, schedule...

You can export data out. You can convert players with attributes to and from other EA NHL-series games (I think at least to nhl99).

I think there is more, but I think here is quite enough stuff to examine for a while. Just remember take backups and making separate installation to study these things, would be good idea.

Have happy editing!

• 3 years later...

Thanks!

"NHL hockey" is my game and I'm trying to change the original divisions so that it also affects the playoffs. With older nhlinfo I got to the point where the standings page shows teams in their new divisions but come playoff time and they are back at their old divisions.

I did not knew you can change team divisions with NHLinfo (so that they will work on game). Do you remember which old version of NHLinfo did you use? Was it Windows or DOS version?

Dos version. I guess it didn't really work because like I said in the standings page teams were at their new divisions but when the playoffs started they played against teams in their old division as if nothing had changed. I also did this with nhl9395.exe with same results. So I'm thinking it really didn't change anything in the game itself, just on that standings screen.

I'm trying to do this because me and two of my friend play full seasons with every team on human control (that makes about thousand games to play in the regular season). We all have our own teams (I'm Rangers, others are Penguins and Kings) which we use exclusively. Those games where there are no-ones favourite team playing we take turns choosing game-by-game. Anyhow, as you can see, the Rangers and the Penguins are two best teams in the league and it would be pretty nice to have that matchup at the stanley cup final someday instead of division final.

post-9198-0-26026400-1458241757_thumb.jp

Yep, would require hex editing to get it work and I am not sure if it would be possible even then. I added old DOS version of Toni Wilen's NHLinfo to here: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php/topic/15692-nhl95pc-editing-tools-and-tutorials/?p=132229 if you still want to use it.

Edited by Kiba

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...