NHL'94 Forums

Penalty Shot Bug

If you change your goalie after getting a penalty shot against you, your opponent will not get their penalty shot.

There is a bit of a trick to this, though.. you can't have control of your goalie when you change him, so if you make a save on the breakaway, you need to pass the puck away so your goalie is no longer selected.

But there's more!

your opponent will still get their penalty shot, at the end of the period. .. usually.

Anyway, don't do this B)

(Genesis version)

None of that will happen if you are the team getting the PS but you score right after the whistle blows. Gotta love that glitch <_<

And I thought if you changed your goalie the penalty shot just doesn't happen at all..?

Oh yeah what happens if you get 2 penalty shots and they switch there goalie both times? Is there 2 penalty shots at the end? <_<

None of that will happen if you are the team getting the PS but you score right after the whistle blows. Gotta love that glitch <_<

And I thought if you changed your goalie the penalty shot just doesn't happen at all..?

Hmm, I've seen a couple goals after the whistle, but never realized it was related to getting a penalty shot. I'll have to try it!

There are some arcane conditions that make it happen at the end of the period : )

Oh yeah what happens if you get 2 penalty shots and they switch there goalie both times? Is there 2 penalty shots at the end? :P

I think you just get one. there is probably a flag in the code somewhere that is either ON or OFF.

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot to mention:

When you get the penalty shot at the end of the game, the puck will actually go through the net and boards. No goal!