NHL'94 Forums

NHL 94' in The Movies!!!

Movies with NHL 94:

1) Swingers - Gonna Make Gretzky's Head Bleed!! (Sega Version)

2) MallRats - Okay it was just the sounds from the Sega Saturn version (Sega Version)

3) Chasing Amy - I believe it was in this one too...

4) Big Daddy - Short Shot

Any more?

The movie "Swingers" featured NHLPA 93, not NHL 94. They said it had no fighting only blood which was a lie, it had both(and it was awesome). Thanks to the idiots at EA trying to be politically correct, we lost fighting for several years, and blood never returned.

• 1 year later...

Nah it was some boring loser US senator that started the whole WINNERS DON'T DO DRUGS thing. It is very apparent that people like that never play video games so they talk out of their asses.

My friend has the ad for that in some old EGM mag among other NHL 94 ads that I want to scan and get on this site ASAP.

• 1 month later...
The movie "Swingers" featured NHLPA 93, not NHL 94. They said it had no fighting only blood which was a lie, it had both(and it was awesome). Thanks to the idiots at EA trying to be politically correct, we lost fighting for several years, and blood never returned.

Yeah swingers had 93, not 94.

• 6 months later...
The Langoliers from Steven King

Almost at the end of the movie...you see the cardridge of NHL 94 laying on a table.

This just shows that if you look carefully in a movie, you just might see something like this. You never know, even a new movie might have something like an NHL 94 cartridge just hiding on the side.

This just shows that if you look carefully in a movie, you just might see something like this. You never know, even a new movie might have something like an NHL 94 cartridge just hiding on the side.

Be nice to compile all the known vid clips of that and have them on the website.

Everyone is correct about swingers. It was 93 and the statement Trent made was incorrect. That scene just goes to show everyone how much this series meant to people all over the country at that time. Chances are, if you played it, you remember it. In Mallrats, it appeared that it was NHL All Star Hockey 95 with sound effects similar to NHL 95 by EA. (Hartford? The Whale?) In Chasing Amy, I haven't seen it in a while but I think it was NHL 96 or something. Correct me if Im wrong. I don't feel like busting out the VHS.

post-646-1168918350_thumb.jpg