NHL'94 Forums

Strip Hack - SWOS

If anyone has any way of implementing the SWOS strip hack into a Vanilla copy of NHL 94, either through IPS patch or otherwise, please, get in touch with me in this thread or through PM.

It is vital to the progress of the new "NHL 94 Platinum" Rom, and I cannot go any further without it.

Thanks in advance.

=============

NHL 94 Platinum:

Features:

- Authentic Jersey Representations for the 93/94 season, using the SWOS jersey hack

- Original NHL 94 rosters, with new accurate expansion team rosters and stats.

- New High Quality centre ice logos completely re-created for the ROM

- Retextured Bench area and Penalty box

- Sprite enhancements and stick tape courtesy of Clockwise

- Weight balanced gameplay

- Choice of menu and presentation themes with re-textured Splash Screens, menus and in game score clocks: Hockey Night in Canada (Featuring Mario Lemieux) and ESPN (Featuring Wayne Gretzky)

Hi.

Copy and paste all the player tiles from any rom where it is and there you have it.

I don't have any IPS patch for it, sorry.

ta SWOS, in TM i presume; you got the offsets for them?

I provided them in the last topic you created:

Don't be vexed. There's no yellow brick road to hex editing - though wboy has left plenty of bread crumbs along the trail... So everything relating to editing is at eye level - within arms reach on the forums if you use the search function. And having to resort to bookmarks is analogous eating with an automatic fork.

I've cataloged the offsets for sprites in the stick tape | sprite edit patch thread if it's any consolation. There's a trapeziod patch that I created as well.

If you haven't already made the trip to this link I'd suggest you go ahead and download the 30 Team Reference Screens.

Lastly wboy did create this xml book mark file several years ago, however I'm not certain it's compatible with the 30 Team patch.

Good luck with your project.

I provided them in the last topic you created:

Copied and pasted all the player tiles, as suggested, only problem is, I now have half see-through players. All the colours are correct, with the exception of the main jersey colour (ie, the one lightest shade of the 3)

It's as if the game now thinks that the colour in the jersey is the same as the ice colour...which it isn't i've checked in NOSE; all the pallates are exactly the same as they were before.

I have no idea why that's happened... anyone shed any light?

Edited by Robby D

Just a quick question to add to the one prior, is the 30 team rom WITHOUT the 06 rosters a playable Rom (without editing) because test playing the bare 30-team rom seems to make it crash...