NHL'94 Forums

NHL 94 O'Connor Cup

TubaHero

I am an awful SNES player despite playing several leagues/tourneys. I think I qualify. There are old records out there to prove it.

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=7689

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=8176

AIM: sarcdoc23

I am less awful at GENS - made play-offs of the old caps league a few times. Will probably miss out of play-offs of C/D this season but would be willing to play.

I did get "YouTubed" my first caps season though:

Teams:

Calgary

Quebec

NYRangers

Vancouver

Buffalo

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey man i'm interested in playing

it'll be my first tournament. i found this website... yesterday. i'll play gens or snes though. preferably pit? but if it's taken then i'll take whatevers left :(

aim me- dwink1217

Edited by dwink1217

Great idea,never played anyone online at anything yet!but I guess it cant be so hard.Can you make a page of rules for everyone to follow.Im Irish so I may be up rather late considering Im under GMT!Genesis for me..new york rangers if still available,2nd choice toronto maple leafs.

AIM:diamonddictator

You know, I was rooting through the player database with NOSE and I happened upon a player rated lower than Myles O'Connor.

His name is Greg Smyth, and he played for the Flames as a defenseman. Overall rating: 29. Myles O'Connor is a 32.

Too late to re-name the tournament? :P

You know, I was rooting through the player database with NOSE and I happened upon a player rated lower than Myles O'Connor.

His name is Greg Smyth, and he played for the Flames as a defenseman. Overall rating: 29. Myles O'Connor is a 32.

Too late to re-name the tournament? :P

wow...poor greg...he sucks so hard and doesn't even get credit for it...poor chum

anyhow, gave me the idea...GENS tourney is still the O'Connor, SNES is re-dubbed the Smyth...all good?

also, still need gartner's aim and the internet's system...any time, boys

Edited by TubaHero

Just wondering how this is going to be done? I don't have aim, do you need to have it to play against other players during the tourney. I need to experiment with the emulator to understand how you play via internet. What emulators do you guys use?

Just wondering how this is going to be done? I don't have aim, do you need to have it to play against other players during the tourney. I need to experiment with the emulator to understand how you play via internet. What emulators do you guys use?

pastor, ive got the official gens emu (v2, i believe, its the first on the downloads page) and snes9x...but im not much of a snes guy so dont just go by that if youre thinking of snesing. also, i would say you should get aim RIGHT THIS INSTANT, it's basically the only way we organize games here. while its not necessary to actually play games, it sure shaves off a lot of time if we're all on the same page for organizing.

ps, if you need any help setting up or wanna play a test game, aim me at MeatSkid1. guaranteed itll be the best shot at a win youll ever have.

TubaHero, I propose a list should be done for each version just so we're all clear on everything, since the new guys are coming in.

Never forget to mention which version you're going for. :P

Set up a bracket tree as well for the matchups.

Edited by RedWingDevil

I just made an aim account, aim is FallenMonk HKZ. I added everyone on this forum, so don't get weirded out or anything. I'm free tonight and tomorrow night. Drop me a line if you see me online. I want to test out a game. I also use the 9xsnes emulator as well. I'm using it on a mac, do you think that would matter?

Okay, I have GENS and SNES9k installed on my other computer and I've received IMs from a couple of you, so with the Kaillera client list I should be good to go (get my sub-par SJ team owned by everyone, including the blind and those don't know what ice is). Not sure how this will be set-up, though, should I just be online and take challenges from the other competitors? Will there be a tournament with bracket? Will it be the original 94 rom or the one with the weight fix? etc.

ok, due to popular demand, here are the official rules/guidelines:

RULES:

original rom (no weight bug fix)

5 minute periods

Penalties on, no offsides

Line changes off

it will be a set bracket, perhaps with some byes in the gens tourney due to the weird-ass amount of people. seeding will be done by order you entered the tourney (making yours truly #1 in gens :blink:). anyhow, you and your opponent play a game against each other, then post the results here, bracket will be updated. there will be deadlines to make things run smoother, although if you contact me with your difficulties striking up a match i'll use my discretion to iron out the situation.

if any other details are needed, just ask.

So this is a single-elimination tournament? Are we playing a best-of-X series or one-and-done?

it will be single elim.

as for best-of, i was going to go with best-of-1 but that just doesn't seem right...so best-of-trois it is

I just made an aim account, aim is FallenMonk HKZ. I added everyone on this forum, so don't get weirded out or anything. I'm free tonight and tomorrow night. Drop me a line if you see me online. I want to test out a game. I also use the 9xsnes emulator as well. I'm using it on a mac, do you think that would matter?

Sorry I missed you on Saturday.

I'm not sure if Mac will support online play. If anyone knows, I'd owe that person a drink because it would be easier to run an online game off my Mac rather than my Dell.

BTW, TubaHero, if you're light on SNES entrants, I'll do that one as well. If so, give me Anaheim.

Ok, this tournament has begun? I'll be here a bit later today.

Ok, this tournament has begun? I'll be here a bit later today.
we've got enough, i believe...setting a registration deadline for next friday (may 8)

I don't think it started yet.

BTW Tuba, what Super NES emulator are we going to use?

Just want a test game to make sure everything's in place.

i'd like to join...brand new here...snes...im hoopsrgreat23...what teams are left? my first preference is PIT but think thats taken so quebec would be fine.

Edited by ibttw23

I don't think it started yet.

BTW Tuba, what Super NES emulator are we going to use?

Just want a test game to make sure everything's in place.

ZNES. Use in conjuction with Hamachi and you're pretty much set when it comes to playing onilne.

I definitely want in on this if registration is still open. I'm brand new to this. Played my test game and a few exhibition matches on GENS.

Teams - Philadelphia, St. Louis

AIM: Crazygangmasta

I'm not applying for the tournament but I thought that this would be a good place to let yall know that Im a n00b looking for games.

My first games were this afternoon vs guyhebert

pretty even stuff.

Anyone feel free to IM me at t3hn3f4rious1 on aim and assuming I'm at the computer and not involved in anything terribly important I am down to play,

this tourney doth be ONNNN, folks. i'll work on getting the bracky up here, but for now follow these links.

Smyth Cup

O'Connor Cup

players are listed by their aim handle. click on the championship bracket link on the page you are led to.

gl and godspeed, hombres. may the least crappy man win.

EDIT: found an error in the O'Connor...turns out i don't get a bye after all. guyhebert, it is ON!

Edited by TubaHero

this tourney doth be ONNNN, folks. i'll work on getting the bracky up here, but for now follow these links.

Smyth Cup

O'Connor Cup

players are listed by their aim handle. click on the championship bracket link on the page you are led to.

gl and godspeed, hombres. may the least crappy man win.

Thanks for giving me a bye. :(

as for best-of, i was going to go with best-of-1 but that just doesn't seem right...so best-of-trois it is

Best-Of-3 seems short to me. Could we do a best of five or seven?

Thanks for giving me a bye. :(

Best-Of-3 seems short to me. Could we do a best of five or seven?

i'm personally leaning towards the fiver now...unless anyone has any objections, b-o-5 it is

ya 15 seed lol

hey tuba hero i see u gave yoourself the #1 seed a little genorous no doubt

He had a reason to lol.

it will be a set bracket, perhaps with some byes in the gens tourney due to the weird-ass amount of people. seeding will be done by order you entered the tourney (making yours truly #1 in gens :().