NHL'94 Forums

NHL 94 O'Connor Cup

TubaHero

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm personally leaning towards the fiver now...unless anyone has any objections, b-o-5 it is

I agree to best-of-5, personally. Makes games longer and better.

When do we play?

Just don't forget to update the brackets,

To my opponent (mutoridze) - I won't be able to play until Sunday afternoon at the earliest. Hopefully we can meet up then and hammer those games out. I'll be on AIM all day then to make sure I don't miss you.

The best part about a noob competition is the noob questions!

We report scores in this thread, right?

Supposedly. Unless Tuba creates another thread for it.

To my quarter-final Smythe Cup opponent:

Kebert_Xela! Where Art Thou?

(?uohT trA erehW !aleX_trebeK)

Saturday and Sunday is fine with me.

first off, you can now find the brackies in the first post. i high-jacked 'em using stolen russian "Prt Scrn" technology.

Just don't forget to update the brackets

your lack of faith is disturbing...but no worries sir, these brackets shall be kept in tip-top up to date condition, once actual games are played...

The best part about a noob competition is the noob questions!

We report scores in this thread, right?

yuppers, and they will be checked quite often, dont worry about that...i was on my lappy 'till about 3:30 this morning, pacing back and forth and praying for our first score report...you would not believe how much this tourney has altered my business class work ethic, sleep habits, and stubble.

QUE (meatskid1) 1 @ STL (crazygangmasta) 2

STL 4 @ QUE 1

QUE 2 @ STL 3 (OT)

swept in the first round of my own tourney, dammit...ggs nontheless

bracky updated

ps regarding teams, considering that not everyone selected one, just play as whoever you choose...just make sure to show which dude was which team

swept in the first round of my own tourney, dammit...ggs nontheless

lol...

I hope I can FIND my QF opponent...

That's good to know because I'm waiting for my opponent. -3-

nationals1 and I played a few exhibition games today waiting for our opponents, and there was a tie among them.

So, in the unlikely event of a tie during this tournament, is that game just tossed out, or what do we do?

nationals1 and I played a few exhibition games today waiting for our opponents, and there was a tie among them.

So, in the unlikely event of a tie during this tournament, is that game just tossed out, or what do we do?

I believe you start a new game, and play the game as the overtime periods.

1st period -> 2OT and so on

first off, new threads have been created for score reporting...this one can stay in use for questions & concerns. if you're searching for an opponent, or want to complain to me about the inactivity of yon opponent, i'd suggest pming. the brackies have been moved to the new threads as well.

and iq hit the head right on the nail...start a new game and play till goal. but dammit, for once id like to be the first one to reply to a problem, just once...

Well, be here more often. XDDDD Wouldn't hurt to check the tournament either periodically.

and iq hit the head right on the nail...start a new game and play till goal. but dammit, for once id like to be the first one to reply to a problem, just once...

Sorry bout that, maybe i should just shut up for once.

I'd imagine we'll be pushed to do our games or we'll be DQ'd.

Edited by RedWingDevil

I imagine my opponent forgot that they entered this tournament, or even that they signed up for these boards.

I've been waiting on AIM and have sent him a PM here, and I'm still waiting... is there a deadline set for first-round matches to be finished up?

WATCH LIST

O'Connor Cup (GENS): willsxx94 (willsxx94), Bob Kudelski (BobKudelski26), mutoridze (mutoridze), jahopin (diamonddictator)

Smyth Cup (SNES): dakattack04 (cajunman009), Kebert Xela NJ (p1calledChuckles)

these are guys who, although signing up, have not been active in posting or playing. i'm sure most/some are still planning on playing...hopefully. i'm giving them until this sunday, MAY 17, to respond. if they do not, they will be automatically dq'd. i'll be pming them all as well, just to give them a heads up. unfortunately, it seems, The Four Seven is right...some of these guys are just bombing around the interweb, searching for something to do...sadly, they dont feel too hurried to live up to the random commitments they made to people they'll never even think about again.

also, drinks are on guyhebert. cheers.

Edited by TubaHero

Well, are there a few noobs we can replace them with? I feel the SNES tourney's gonna bomb. B)

Whoa there, first we'll see if there's gonna be some players first. Has anyone added them on their AIM yet?

I'd like to change teams and play as LA for this tournament, if no one objects. I don't think they've been claimed yet, and I haven't been satisfied playing as The Whale...

No big deal if I can't, though.

WATCH LIST

Smyth Cup (SNES): dakattack04 (cajunman009), MrSoul (xmrsoulx), Kebert Xela NJ (p1calledChuckles), runningchief TOR (therunningchief), ibttw23 QUE (hoopsrgreat23)

these are guys who, although signing up, have not been active in posting or playing. i'm sure most/some are still planning on playing...hopefully. i'm giving them until this sunday, MAY 17, to respond. if they do not, they will be automatically dq'd. i'll be pming them all as well, just to give them a heads up. unfortunately, it seems, The Four Seven is right...some of these guys are just bombing around the interweb, searching for something to do...sadly, they dont feel too hurried to live up to the random commitments they made to people they'll never even think about again.

hoopsrgreat23 and I have messaged but are a little hamstrung by the East Coast - West Coast thing. I am confident that we will get our games in in good time though.

Finding some good servers should also be nice, but I'd recommend using Hamachi with ZNES. Works like a charm as you can attest, sardoc.