NHL'94 Forums

Playoff Picks Thread!

HABS

Aw, no need to be cynical now. The stadium was really red in there, you know. Unless you mean here in the boards?

I was just bringing up how Washington had their building half-filled every game before the lockout. Glad to see they gained some more fans.

DO U SMOKE CRACK

No. But thanks for asking.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SECOND ROUND SERIES PRICES

06:05 PM 123 Chicago Blackhawks +122 Risk To Win

124 Vancouver Canucks -132 Risk To Win

04:05 PM 121 Anaheim Ducks +270 Risk To Win

122 Detroit Red Wings -300 Risk To Win

04:35 PM 127 Carolina Hurricanes +191 Risk To Win

128 Boston Bruins -211 Risk To Win

10:05 AM 125 Pittsburgh Penguins +111 Risk To Win

126 Washington Capitals -121 Risk To Win

• 3 weeks later...

LOL @ Vancouver and Boston . . .

Conference Finals:

Chicago over Detroit in 6

Pittsburgh over Carolina in 7

Stanley Cup Finals:

Pittsburgh over Chicago in 6

Never say never. If the Ducks played hard against the Red Wings, the Hawks will pound the crud out of them. Detriot's got its work cut it for them.

My picks:

Pittsburgh wins in 6 vs Carolina. The Canes had a nice run, but I feel this will be as far as they can go.

Upset special:

Chigago wins it in 7. They beat good teams in Calgary and Vancouver; Detriot will be their biggest test... and they will pass.

hurricanez and jussfied in 7

wingars and franzinized in 6

2002!

Guest Wags13
hurricanez and jussfied in 7

wingars and franzinized in 6

2002!

Montreal in 1924 when there was a 1 in 6 chance you could win it all.

LETS GO PENS

Ward has yet to lose a playoff series in his young career, and I think Chicago has the longest Championship drought of any NHL franchise (since '61?). Something has to give.

Hopefully the Hawks advance, they've been hockey purgatory since Roenick skipped town.

Ill take Chicago in 6 YEPP EXACTO

anaheim in 6 NEIN!

carolina in 7 YEPP EXACTO

pittsburgh in 7 YEPP EXACTO

DOGGGIES

3-1 with some exact picks nice.

Wish I actually bet these picks fock!

Next round

12:05 PM Chicago Blackhawks +183 Risk To Win

Detroit Red Wings -201 Risk To Win

04:35 PM Carolina Hurricanes +181 Risk To Win

Pittsburgh Penguins -196 Risk To Win

Ill take

Detroit in 6

Carolina in 7

2002 finals rematch

Pittsburgh in 7. (I'm so tired of Carolina)

Chicago in 7. (This team has a sick way to comeback in a game)

That you were good 100 years ago. Congrats for no longer being relevant!

lol 35yo

..and this changes Montreal's relevancy how? Oh..it doesn't. Keep living in the past Habs fans, and watch the present/future tonight.

That's probably why our last cup is more recent then your's. Btw, if you don't win the Cup, it doesn't matter if you finish 30th or 2nd.

Penguins best scorers

1990 to 1995 Lemieux

Right for the most part, except Jagr led the Pens in scoring in the 94-95 season while Lemieux took a one-year medical leave.

1995 to 1997 Jagr

Jagr led the team in scoring in 94-95 during Lemieux's medical leave. Lemieux won the Ross in 95-96 and 96-97. Get your facts straight.

1997 to 2000 Kovalev

KOVALEV? You friggin' serious? Kovalev NEVER led the Pens in scoring. EVER!

2002... Dick Tarnstrom?

Yeah, Tarnstrom led an unbelievably bad team in scoring as he racked up the powerplay points. WHAT'S YOUR POINT? Phil Housley led his team in scoring before. Bobby Orr led his team in scoring. Brian Leetch led his team in scoring. Paul Coffey may have done the same with Edmonton if it weren't for Gretzky's dominance. Tarnstrom wasn't the first time a d-man ever led a team in scoring, and might not be the last time, either.

I don't know what's more lame... your trash talk or the fact that your own trash talk is filled with more errors than an ESPN fact sheet. :P

Guest Wags13

Dick Tarnstrom just makes FPB feel better and fills that hole in his soul that being a Habs fan creates with the endless disappointment. Funny part is, the Habs of 2009 could use the Dick Tarnstrom of 2002.

Right for the most part, except Jagr led the Pens in scoring in the 94-95 season while Lemieux took a one-year medical leave.

Jagr led the team in scoring in 94-95 during Lemieux's medical leave. Lemieux won the Ross in 95-96 and 96-97. Get your facts straight.

KOVALEV? You friggin' serious? Kovalev NEVER led the Pens in scoring. EVER!

Yeah, Tarnstrom led an unbelievably bad team in scoring as he racked up the powerplay points. WHAT'S YOUR POINT? Phil Housley led his team in scoring before. Bobby Orr led his team in scoring. Brian Leetch led his team in scoring. Paul Coffey may have done the same with Edmonton if it weren't for Gretzky's dominance. Tarnstrom wasn't the first time a d-man ever led a team in scoring, and might not be the last time, either.

I don't know what's more lame... your trash talk or the fact that your own trash talk is filled with more errors than an ESPN fact sheet. :P

This wasn't made to be accurate, simply to point out the fact, that, for having such a good core of players now, you guys really sucked balls back in the 2000's. And no, it has nothing to do with the fact that it was a defenseman, just that it was DICK TARNSTROM! And that having him as your best scorer, will always be a stain on the organization. And also, that for again having this core, you finished in the bottom 5 for 4 years in a row. Twice having the 1st pick in 3 years, that's sucking. Anyways conversation over.

Topic cleaned up and re-opened per Habs request.

Please keep it clean. It's ok to rip on each others teams. No need to take it personally and attack one another.

lol they touched it . . .

nhl_crosbymalkingonchar_touchingprinceofwalestroph.jpg

STANLEY CUP FINAL

Pittsburgh over Detroit in 6

bet you $200 Detroit's announcer will say Steven Crosby again

Guest Wags13
lol they touched it . . .

nhl_crosbymalkingonchar_touchingprinceofwalestroph.jpg

STANLEY CUP FINAL

Pittsburgh over Detroit in 6

bet you $200 Detroit's announcer will say Steven Crosby again

Lemieux skated with it twice and he won Cups, as did Scott Stevens, as did Steve Yzerman...

Lemieux skated with it twice and he won Cups, as did Scott Stevens, as did Steve Yzerman...

I`m just saying they touched it, and i did pick pittsburgh to win the cup.

i'm not even sure how anyone could even think of pittsburgh to win it.

watching detroit, they've been a machine on ice out there. im not saying pittsburgh is lookin bad, im just saying that detroit is looking legendary.

i say detroit in 6, although i wouldnt even be surprised to see a sweep.

6wings