NHL'94 Forums

Playoff Picks Thread!

HABS

No need to take it personally and attack one another.

Ice, I'm sick of your goatee and bald head-s**t's been gettin on my last nerve!

And would you please, for the love of god, stop callin me "brah"?- I damn sure ain't Hawaiian, and don't think you are either.

Also, WTF is up with you and Petr Klima? Wouldja stop drafting him in every stinking league?

News Flash: HE AIN'T THAT GREAT!!!

Edit: Just to make this post legit, Det in 5(they can't be stopped)

Edited by jrodimus

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ice, I'm sick of your goatee and bald head-s**t's been gettin on my last nerve!

And would you please, for the love of god, stop callin me "brah"?- I damn sure ain't Hawaiian, and don't think you are either.

Also, WTF is up with you and Petr Klima? Wouldja stop drafting him in every stinking league?

News Flash: HE AIN'T THAT GREAT!!!

Edit: Just to make this post legit, Det in 5(they can't be stopped)

Thank you sir for the thoughful commentary. I shall grow a skullet just for Petr the Great.

Pens in 7.

Pens in 6 detroit is falling apart with injuries and needed overtime for 3 of their last 5 wins !!

I wouldnt be suprised to see pens win in 5 but I want it on home ice XD

Don't mess with the YoHan - Hanz Franzen will pump the Pens up for a few goals matched against Malkin.. Lidstrom would play in a body cast, he'd have to be flat lined to miss the finals. Crosby's production probably hinges on how healthy Datsyuk is, and if he suit's up.

But it always boils down to goal tending, and teams have a better chance stealing Osgood's babies then getting one by him in the playoffs.. Fleury will have to play out of his damn mind in the series.

And will Hossa be a shrinking violet?.. He has something like 40 points in some 30 odd games (bulk of them assists) vs the Penguins lifetime.

Magic 8 ball says.. Pens in 6.

btw: hope that sounds like I know whats going to happen cause I have no fricken idea Mr. Biggelzwsworth

Guest Wags13
stay out of this thread if you have nothing to contribute.

Karma will catch up to your penis penguins because of you.

hahaha I didnt' realize the result of the Stanley Cup hinged on my joke posts about past MTL glory. Who knew?

Guest Wags13
stay out of this thread if you have nothing to contribute.

Karma will catch up to your penis penguins because of you.

I can guarantee one result that won't happen in this years Stanley Cup:

The Habs winning it.

lol they touched it . . .

nhl_crosbymalkingonchar_touchingprinceofwalestroph.jpg

STANLEY CUP FINAL

Pittsburgh over Detroit in 6

bet you $200 Detroit's announcer will say Steven Crosby again

The Pens are similar to the 1984 Oilers, according to an article at NHL.com. Let's see how it goes for them.

Upset: I say the Penguins win the cup in 6 or 7 games. They should play good defense, come after the Red Wings like a bunch of wild dogs and bust them up. You soften up a team and the goals will come by like rain.

I can guarantee one result that won't happen in this years Stanley Cup:

The Habs winning it.

27 other results i guarantee wont happen:

the devils winning it.

the islanders winnning it.

the flyers winning it.

the rangers winning it.

the blackhawks winning it.

the predators winning it.

the blue jackets winning it.

the blues winning it.

the bruins winning it.

the maple leafs winning it.

the sabres winning it.

the senators winning it.

the flames winning it.

the avalanche winning it.

the wild winning it.

the canucks winning it.

the oilers winning it.

the thrashers winning it.

the hurricanes winning it.

the panthers winning it.

the lightning winning it.

the capitals winning it.

the ducks winning it.

the stars winning it.

the kings winning it.

the coyotes winning it.

the sharks winning it.

EDIT: dick move on my part. was trying to show wags something, but to be honest i cant quite remember what it was...so yeah. apoligies, and next time any of you are in london drinks are on me.

Edited by TubaHero

That post doesn't look productive, not to mention that someone didn't read the DO NOT FEED TROLLS sign.

Out of those, though, I can pick out who has a good shot of winning the cup in the next few years:

The Bruins can win it. They still have a strong core, but all they need is to be able to finish off opponents better, gain momentium and never let go.

The Capitals have talent and now have a good taste of playoff experience. Now they must take advantage of it and use that for next season. Same thing for the Blackhawks; the Caps could use some better play on defense, though.

The Devils still look strong, but age can catch up to them in a few areas. They need a bit more speed up front.

The Sharks can do it once they unlearn their choker ways. It happened with the Colts, but the Sharks may win it all sometime in the future. The window of opportunity can only be open for so long, though.

The Ducks played tough and they had won the Cup two years ago. Who's to say they won't do it again? I think you should catch up with your NHL history lessons, TubaHero.

I see the Flames having a few growing pains for the next season. Why did they fire Keenan after just 2 seasons? This will bite them on the ass next year. You don't win games by shuffling coaches in and out every 2 years.

All the others need to do lots of work; the Blues are the closest team to become a good one. They just need to improve some more. So do the Canucks.

The Bruins can win it. They still have a strong core, but all they need is to be able to finish off opponents better, gain momentium and never let go.

I think they wilted once they faced adversity... They steam rolled and rail roaded the East in the regular season, once they lost a game in the playoffs the veneer spider webbed and they became mortal.

Parallels can be drawn here for San Jose too.

The Capitals have talent and now have a good taste of playoff experience. Now they must take advantage of it and use that for next season. Same thing for the Blackhawks; the Caps could use some better play on defense, though.

Fedorov and Kozlov defected back to mother Russia.. Feds might not be the dynamo he once was but those are some big skates to fill.. And the low down on green is he turns green once he's tenderized on the forecheck

The Devils still look strong, but age can catch up to them in a few areas. They need a bit more speed up front.

You can probably set your watch to it; Beelzebubs reign will likely end once Brodeur hangs 'em up.

The Ducks played tough and they had won the Cup two years ago. Who's to say they won't do it again? I think you should catch up with your NHL history lessons, TubaHero.

Ducks nucleus could be dismantled - Giggy might be expendable with Hiller's play and there's probably a slew of teams that would love his services.. Will be a pretty penny though.

Lot of speculation surrounding Pronger. His experience and size make him a valuable commodity wouldn't be surprised to see him moved.. Who knows if Selanne and S. Neidermayer will decide to return.

I see the Flames having a few growing pains for the next season. Why did they fire Keenan after just 2 seasons? This will bite them on the ass next year. You don't win games by shuffling coaches in and out every 2 years.

Not sure really.. Keenan is stuck in a time warp and looks like his style hasn't acclimated to the modern game.. I know he can be grating to a lot of players who aren't "his type of player" and mutiny might of started wafting in when his new coach smell wore off.

That and he changes goalies like underpants.

Looking forward to free agency though. Should be interesting to see who wins the Mr. Bouwmeester sweepstakes.

Guest Wags13
27 other results i guarantee wont happen:

the devils winning it.

the islanders winnning it.

the flyers winning it.

the rangers winning it.

the blackhawks winning it.

the predators winning it.

the blue jackets winning it.

the blues winning it.

the bruins winning it.

the maple leafs winning it.

the sabres winning it.

the senators winning it.

the flames winning it.

the avalanche winning it.

the wild winning it.

the canucks winning it.

the oilers winning it.

the thrashers winning it.

the hurricanes winning it.

the panthers winning it.

the lightning winning it.

the capitals winning it.

the ducks winning it.

the stars winning it.

the kings winning it.

the coyotes winning it.

the sharks winning it.

EDIT: dick move on my part. was trying to show wags something, but to be honest i cant quite remember what it was...so yeah. apoligies, and next time any of you are in london drinks are on me.

Something else i can guarantee:

Meatskid not getting the joke.

Fun how theyr 3rd season goal scorer is in the stands, while this guy http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=25067 is playing LOL

Yeah And Keenan=Trash=Got fired too many times wtf is he still doing in the NHL

I call the Oilers playoffs run next year

Solide core of young guys, if they can get a big outbreak year

Hemsky,Cogliano,Gagner,Nilsson,Grebeshkov,Gilbert(Might be traded for a Sniper),Penner (Well lets hope he does),Smid (Got a lot of potential),Shremp (Mad stickhandling Skillz),Brule (Will adapt someday to the NHL), Eberle, and so on... they just got too many talent to fail, Hell even Linus Omark theyr 20 years 3rd round pick this year rocked at the WC.