NHL'94 Forums

SUMMIT SERIES 2009 CANADA VS USA

HABS

2009 2ON2 SUMMIT SERIES

Hockey_Canada_Logo_small.jpg

vs

USA_logo.jpg

The Summit Series

If you werent a part of last years first Summit Series below is basically the thread from last year:

Heres how its gona go down, we'll have the USA 2on2ers vs Canada 2on2ers... you can pair up with anybody from your country. And first country to 100 wins, wins the tourny (best of 199 games).

2008 Rosters

TEAM USA

JESUSPLAYSNHL94

POLITE

JRODIMUS

ICESTORM

VOCALLY CAGED

WITTGENSTIEN

EA76 R

DADONCH R

SHIFTY R

PENGUINOMENT R

YOUDDOTHESAME R

CHRISDUDDA R

JTAKKUNEN R

TAKEYOURPILL R

SDOGG I

HOSSMAN R

TEAM CANADA

HABS

SEBE

FREYDEY

ZALEX

HOKKEEFAN

SONICX I

SUNGOD R

ELIO R

THEGR8199 I

SMOZOMA I

DMAC R

R- RETIRED

I - INACTIVE

Open for anybody to join. Sign up here and Ill add you to your country roster.

These were the 2008 Rosters and they are vastly different now as many guys have retired and new guys have come and gone. Also I might completely change the format, by capping number of games per player or maybe matching up who plays who. We'll see, right now I just want to know whos in.

so sign up!

2009 ACTIVE ROSTERS

TEAM USA

ICESTORM

VOCALLY CAGED

WITTGENSTIEN

JESUSPLAYSNHL94

POLITE

DONNYBROOK

REDWINGDEVIL

WAGS13

SARCDOC

NEWJERSEYKILLER

TEAM CANADA

HABS

FREYDEY

ZALEX

SEBE

SMOZOMA

HOKKEEFAN

GIHTARMAN/SHAFTMAN

RUSSIANROCKET

TUBOHERO

HOULANOV

IQ25

I'm in! this was fun

I recommend we make a rule that individual guys can't play more than 40% of the games... otherwise it just ends up as playerX-and-random-guy vs playerY-and-random-guy.

standings should be held in a Google Spreadsheet somehow to enforce the 40% rule (or 50%, whatever... that's basically 25% since 2 guys play at once)

Edited by smozoma

Since I'm in the neighboring country, I may have to go to USA.

I'm in too.

ya you can play

and sebe, this was easily the most successful tournament for 2on2 ever. Everybody was involved and 150 games got played in I think less than 30 days.

If it was a regular 2on2 tourny then yes it would die. But this format is completely different.

Last year Canada dominated the first 100 games or so, but the final 50 US was about even or up 1 game. So this should be a fun series.

oops, i just copy pasted last yrs thread basically.

Think we'll start sometime next week, still gotta iron out details. And make new rom based on 2on2 final rom.

Dude, what about me? I too sign up for USA.

Err, sorry. Already checked. Just erase this post. I don't mind. n.nU

Edited by RedWingDevil

i represent team quebec

need more signups

usa lookin a little thin

want atleast 10 on each side

where the noobs at

how should we cap games per person, im thinking 40 games max?

usa just better be ready for another spankin, atleast get off to a better start this time. Last year CAN was like 70-20 the first 90 games, final 60 games or whatever were about even.

Lets see some team strategies going, figure out matchups and strategies vs guys.

just thought i'd let you know, HABS, that it's Tuba Hero, not Turbo. Because you're only as good as your biggest brass.

I picked up a copy of Tuba Hero for Wii a few months ago. I was disappointed that it didn't have the Notre Dame fight song on it.

I picked up a copy of Tuba Hero for Wii a few months ago. I was disappointed that it didn't have the Notre Dame fight song on it.

i haven't played that game in ages...almost beat it on expert but can't get past the last tuba battle...that "full spit valve" attack is a killer

and michigan state being the only fight song on there was, for me, an added bonus.

Well HABS, since you asked...

For the guy who pairs up with me, let's be clear. If you're good with Manual Goalie, we can work it out. If you suck at it, leave it to me and hit the other guy. It's simple, really.

Edited by RedWingDevil

need more signups

usa lookin a little thin

want atleast 10 on each side

where the noobs at

I'm here.

Since my first(and only) 2 on 2 experience went well I'll join.

CANADA!

OK guys lets start this up.

Not gonna change anything except there is a cap of 40 games maximum per player now. Other than that its all the same rules, team up with somebody from your country and go ahead and find 2 others willing to play from the other country.

Also I updated the 2on2 final rom with canada/usa rosters on anaheim and atlanta, only problem is I havnt changed the logos as I dont know how to. Buts its the same s**t so start playing!

2on2_2009_Summit_Series.bin

Post all results in the scores/standings thread.

also anybody can still join, can join at any time.

Is the pairing set for the league or is it interchangable? We should address that a bit before going through the games first.