NHL'94 Forums

Editing Logo's on the Pre-Game, "Ron Barr" Screen?

I apologize if this has been answered, but I have been struggling with what is the last piece of graphic conversion I have to do for my little project I'm working on.

I've successfully been able to edit the team selection screen logos, however, once I re-coloured them to the proper colours, they would show up as all pink on the next screen (the one with Ron Barr welcoming you to the game).

How would I go about correcting this? They look great on the team selection, but I'm not sure where I should be looking to fix the logo colours on the next screen.

Thank you in advance for any support you guys can offer!

I apologize if this has been answered, but I have been struggling with what is the last piece of graphic conversion I have to do for my little project I'm working on.

I've successfully been able to edit the team selection screen logos, however, once I re-coloured them to the proper colours, they would show up as all pink on the next screen (the one with Ron Barr welcoming you to the game).

How would I go about correcting this? They look great on the team selection, but I'm not sure where I should be looking to fix the logo colours on the next screen.

Thank you in advance for any support you guys can offer!

I'm going to be doing exactly this as part of the Platinum Rom in a couple of days time, i'll give you a heads up if I come across anything

I'm going to be doing exactly this as part of the Platinum Rom in a couple of days time, i'll give you a heads up if I come across anything

Thanks Robby, I'd really love to hear if you find any solutions.

Cheers!

Hard to diagnose the issue without some screen captures, but I'm wondering did you cycle through the palette after you imported the logos? And are you sure the offsets you used for the menu logos are the right ones?

Keep in mind the 5th and 6th (not 100% sure which ones without looking in TM) values are reserved for the main menu banners - there are two, one for home and one for away. The fuchsia colors are associated with another palette (can't remember exactly which off the top of my head) thy would be the pink colors your seeing pink - so don't adjust them.

• 1 month later...

Hmm, that's funny...I was trying to edit some menu logos and the same happened to me. Does somebody have a hint on how to clear that so that we can have the same logo colours on the game presentation (Ron Barr) screen?

Just FYI: I use only Tile Layer Pro and NOSE to edit my ROMs, don't use the Hex Editor.

Regards,

#93 Franco

Hmm, that's funny...I was trying to edit some menu logos and the same happened to me. Does somebody have a hint on how to clear that so that we can have the same logo colours on the game presentation (Ron Barr) screen?

Just FYI: I use only Tile Layer Pro and NOSE to edit my ROMs, don't use the Hex Editor.

Regards,

#93 Franco

TLP is old hat. The only reason I ever use it is to edit rink tiles, as it's too cumbersome in editing anything else (with the decompressed rom). TM is the wave of the future.

Yeah, I meant Tile Molester not TLP, although I use TLP very often.

So, do you think this can be done with TM or do I need the Hex Editor to get these colours fixed? I tried editing with TM with no sucess, colours get mixed up. I think I didn't get exactly the process of importing a palette...

Regards,

#93 Franco

Edited by Franco