NHL'94 Forums

a question about logos

Hello all, first time caller, long time listener (so to speak...)

anyways, thanks to the incredible wboy's NOSE editor and some other tips and topics throughout the forum, I've been working on my own hack of NHL94. I've been able to do all the teams, names, jerseys, etc (aka everything in NOSE) and am now starting out with editing the logos and banners in the game with Tile Molester. I've been able to change the intro screen, and now am in the process of getting the logos into the game (I don't have them all in yet, but I know how to and I'm finishing them up now), but don't know quite how to recolor them to match up correctly without screwing up the .bin file (I do have backups though). Currently, for the most part, the logos are recolored to match the team banner colors (for example, the logo that replaced the blackhawks is mostly black and red).

By the way, I'm using wboy's 30 team NHL94 hack, in case that makes a difference (and from what I've read, it does)

Any tips for a first time hacker (I've already picked up a lot from this site alone) on how to fix up the colors would be GREATLY appreciated

Thanks in advance......

P.S. go Pens

but don't know quite how to recolor them to match up correctly without screwing up the .bin file (I do have backups though). Currently, for the most part, the logos are recolored to match the team banner colors (for example, the logo that replaced the blackhawks is mostly black and red).

Center ice logos?

Center ice logos?

It would have to be, because they are the only ones reliant on the strip pallates, the main menu logos have their own pallates.

In answer to the original question, you will need a program called tile-molester in which you can load up the graphics found within the rom and edit them to your liking. You can find a copy of the program under the downloads section.

To load up the rom and graphics, simply use the references download that wboy put up a while back...i think it's somewhere on the first page of the "Editing the game" section, if not just have a hunt around. You'll need to load up the correct graphic with the correct pallate, and change the colours from there; just don't change any shared pallates nor change any pink tiles.

It might be a little tricky at first, but stick with it and you'll soon be flying through!

Any problems or questions at all and i'll try to help out as best I can with the limited knowledge I have; drop me a PM and i'll be more than willing to help out.

Good luck

Rob

(Ps: I'm working on a full bookmark file for TM that should be ready in the next week or so - If you can wait that long then it would probably help you out a great deal)

Edited by Robby D

It would have to be, because they are the only ones reliant on the strip pallates, the main menu logos have their own pallates.

In answer to the original question, you will need a program called tile-molester in which you can load up the graphics found within the rom and edit them to your liking. You can find a copy of the program under the downloads section.

To load up the rom and graphics, simply use the references download that wboy put up a while back...i think it's somewhere on the first page of the "Editing the game" section, if not just have a hunt around. You'll need to load up the correct graphic with the correct pallate, and change the colours from there; just don't change any shared pallates nor change any pink tiles.

It might be a little tricky at first, but stick with it and you'll soon be flying through!

Any problems or questions at all and i'll try to help out as best I can with the limited knowledge I have; drop me a PM and i'll be more than willing to help out.

Good luck

Rob

(Ps: I'm working on a full bookmark file for TM that should be ready in the next week or so - If you can wait that long then it would probably help you out a great deal)

thanks a lot man, that should definitely help. I forgot to mention I was using tile molester, so at least I have step 1 done!

I'm sure your bookmarks would be a great help for me, take your time with that one, I'll definitely be using it (luckily there's a lot of great hockey going on now to keep me busy too!)

Optimizing the BGR values in a graphics editing program is a necessity - the logos hues or swatches must mirror the ones you have set in a home teams palette. Use NOSE's color sniper to get the exact values. If the colors aren't Siamese then TM will render them for you, producing some undesirable results.