NHL'94 Forums

Making the CHK line play?

So I have been running some sims for my league the last few days, and I have noticed with cpu v cpu games, or games with auto line changes, the checking line doesn't seem to play.

Is there any way to make the chk line play? It's really frustrating, especially because people stuck on that line will not get much (or any) ice time unless they are on a PP/PK line.

I searched the forums quickly, but I couldn't find any definitive answers to my query.

Thanks for any advice you guys can offer.

So I have been running some sims for my league the last few days, and I have noticed with cpu v cpu games, or games with auto line changes, the checking line doesn't seem to play.

Is there any way to make the chk line play? It's really frustrating, especially because people stuck on that line will not get much (or any) ice time unless they are on a PP/PK line.

I searched the forums quickly, but I couldn't find any definitive answers to my query.

Thanks for any advice you guys can offer.

The checking line typically plays if you are winning in the 3rd period. It's really annoying when you start the 3rd up by a goal and your bum checking line hits the ice against against your opponent's ringers.

Maybe if you increase the period length, the checking line will get on more, since there will be time for the other 2 lines to get tired.

The checking line typically plays if you are winning in the 3rd period. It's really annoying when you start the 3rd up by a goal and your bum checking line hits the ice against against your opponent's ringers.

Maybe if you increase the period length, the checking line will get on more, since there will be time for the other 2 lines to get tired.

Thanks for that, I wasn't aware of what situations would draw the third line out.

I sim with 10 minute periods, mostly because it reflects fairly realistic stats, and if possible, I'd like to keep it at 10 minutes.

I guess what I'm really getting at is if anyone knows if the frequency of how much a certain line plays can be edited with a hex editor or some other form of editing?

Edited by tantrix

You could try lowering the endurance of every player.

I was thinking about trying that myself.

Can't try it out at the moment because I wont be at home until tommorow though.

Yeah thats a pretti fair idea. Just lower the endurance of the other lines. It shouldnt really effect your stats.

Yeah thats a pretti fair idea. Just lower the endurance of the other lines. It shouldnt really effect your stats.

It's a big job though for the entire ROM. I'd go down the HEX editing route before I did that, find out the code that influences player stamina and go from there.

It's a big job though for the entire ROM. I'd go down the HEX editing route before I did that, find out the code that influences player stamina and go from there.

here is how:

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=3429

(from the hack index thread http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=8090)

I do use the CHK line whenever I need to hit someone and stop them from scoring.

You can also get some goals from that line too. There are pleasant surprises with teams who have good CHK lines.