NHL'94 Forums

Platinum ROM Update and Question

Firstly, the question. I'm in the final stages of the Platinum Rom, the only real thing of any graphical value outstanding is the editing of the ice textures.

I need to revert the crease and face off circles back to the original NHL 94 textures, whilst leaving the bench area and penelty box untouched. Yes, I am aware of the wboy thread on editing and creating new ice textures, but this isn't what i'm looking for. The textures already exist, I just need to replace the new set with the old set. I'm using the 30 team rom as a base.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ok, now onto the nice stuff, and some screen shots for you all to enjoy! Note that the ROM is still being worked on, so what you see here may not neccessarily reflect the final product. These screenshots are taken from the ESPN edition.

2lmw3fn.jpg

2952w0j.png

154f3lu.png

16bkjs0.png

x6ejoo.png

10gfhgz.png

NHL Platinum ROM:

Featuring:

-All 93/4 season teams, The 92/3 Season Campbell and Wales Allstars, and the 1992 Winter Olympic Finalists, The Canadian and Unified Teams.

- SWOS Jersey hack means more accurate representation of your team on the ice.

- Multiple graphic enhancements including detailed bench area, stick tape, player faces and enhanced sprites.

- Two Presentation styles and cover atheletes (Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux): ESPN and Hockey Night in Canada featuring Don Cherry!

- Accurate and detailed on ice logos, truer in colour and representation than the original ROM.

One question:

Will it somehow include fighting?

not my rom, but pretty sure the answer will be no! no one has hacked that yet... would be the greatest and most complicated hack ever (except maybe wboy's decompressed rom and 30-team rom)

not my rom, but pretty sure the answer will be no! no one has hacked that yet... would be the greatest and most complicated hack ever (except maybe wboy's decompressed rom and 30-team rom)

No unfortunatly the rom will not include fighting. As far as i'm aware, and indeed as far as anyone on this site is aware, inplimenting fighting into NHL 94 is an impossibility without re-programming the game entirely. If any of us were that good we'd be doing this for a living. As it stands however, there is a slim possibility (lack of expertise not withstanding) of a slight suprise in the Platinum ROM. Something in the same vein that I think you might like.

But of course, i'll never tell :rolleyes: