NHL'94 Forums

who maintains update.nhl94.com?

bcrt2000

Hey guys, I had a question. Who maintains the update.nhl94.com ROM file? I made some updates to the latest rom (april 19th 2009), which fixes some of the issues with the jerseys such as:

- Changing Oilers home jersey to the ones they'll use next year (the one thats the 3rd jersey right now)

- Changing Flyers home jersey to the ones they'll use next year (their current 3rds that they wore during the playoffs)

- Fixing shading on jerseys so they use all 3 shades and fixed any shading issues

- black pants are using the correct palette (0,0,0 2,0,2 2,2,2)

- some teams with dark blue pants were using black pants or vice versa, fixed that

- Red on Flames jerseys fixed

- Lots of other little modifications

etc

I've also changed the ice colour to look closer to what NHL 95 PC uses (light grey) but that can easily be changed back. Anyhow, if you're the person who maintains that rom, check this out and take whatever you like.

NHL2009_fixed_jerseys_v2.bin

Edited by bcrt2000

- Changing Oilers home jersey to the ones they'll use next year (the one thats the 3rd jersey right now)

- Changing Flyers home jersey to the ones they'll use next year (their current 3rds that they wore during the playoffs)

is that true? im pretty happy the oilers are getting their fantastic colours back

Hey guys, I had a question. Who maintains the update.nhl94.com ROM file? I made some updates to the latest rom (april 19th 2009), which fixes some of the issues with the jerseys such as:

- Fixing shading on jerseys so they use all 3 shades and fixed any shading issues

- black pants are using the correct palette (0,0,0 2,0,2 2,2,2)

- some teams with dark blue pants were using black pants or vice versa, fixed that

- Red on Flames jerseys fixed

- Lots of other little modifications

etc

I've also changed the ice colour to look closer to what NHL 95 PC uses (light grey) but that can easily be changed back. Anyhow, if you're the person who maintains that rom, check this out and take whatever you like.

Nice little adjustments...not sure about the ice colour though...it looks...pink. Although i'd like to see the references for the info your citing.

Edited by Robby D

Nice little adjustments...not sure about the ice colour though...it looks...pink. Although i'd like to see the references for the info your citing.

Hah, it was one of the first things I changed (before I got a hang of the palette editor) so perhaps its got a little too much red in it.

Oilers new home news: http://www.faceoff.com/hockey/teams/edmont...x%3Fid%3D898337

Flyers info comes from someone in Philly that I trust who claims that the orange jerseys will be used as home jerseys and the blacks will be used as 3rds. It makes sense as the Flyers 3rd is the #1 selling jersey in the NHL: http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/news_detai...to-science.html (under "Hot Jersey")

I updated the rom to fix a few issues I noticed from the last version:

- shoulder shading on a few teams was not the right shade

- fixed montreal's design

- fixed the shade of red used with washington

I made sure that the rink was grey in this version (D,D,D)... if you're seeing pink its a monitor issue.

great rom, ice does still look pink. My monitor shows white as white, so i dont think its a monitor issue.

Okay, I checked it out and D,D,D translates to:

222, 219, 222

I guess theres limitations to what the colour palette can be set to (NOSE really isn't clear about that). Theres really no perfect shade of grey or even light blue that I can get. I guess I'll set it back to default when I get a chance.

Edited by bcrt2000

Hey guys, I had a question. Who maintains the update.nhl94.com ROM file?

Hey,

Swos and Mahavishnu run and maintain the update.nhl94.com page/rom, I just host it for them.

-Evan

It did appear to be mildly pink but I didn't mind it at all.

Why dont people use really light blue?

There is a light blue that is like the third color in the palette...

just make it the first color too and it looks really good. Its not too white so as to make white jerseys look the same while not being to gray and strange.

I'll post a screenshot in a minute.

I just brighten the default. I think it starts as E8E, I make it EAE. White is too harsh.. any other colour but the green/blue is ugly.

I tried it before-- thought it crushed the palette of the centre ice logos a little, but I guess its better than nothing

• 1 month later...