NHL'94 Forums

home games vs away - Season 1

It's because in 1991 Guns N Roses was selling out the place every other week and there weren't any dates available. It's an incredibly realistic touch.

It's because in 1991 Guns N Roses was selling out the place every other week and there weren't any dates available. It's an incredibly realistic touch.

Guns N Roses? More like 5'd n Favd..ses

When configuring the schedule I tried to find equilibrium between team and coaching prowess - within a conference. Not sure it's the best schedule for every team but I think on the whole it's pretty nonpartisan. Creating a schedule for 21 teams that is reasonable is rather daunting actually (for me at least), and knowing what I know now it probably would of been a little different.

The teams with a more shallow depth pool (Hartford, Toronto, Winnipeg, and New York I.) are more likely to play world beaters like Calgary, Washington, Chicago or Pittsburgh at home in an attempt to level the ice. Which is the reason why you play Hartford and the Islanders away.

Sorry if you feel slighted but Gartner should be knocking a lifetime supply of water bottles regardless if it's in your own jungle, or taking the circus on the row-ad - off the rails on a crazy train.

28vg9zd.jpg

home ice adv is a myth in this game, seems like in all the online lgs the difference is VERY marginal and you will usually see about the same home/away record. Often youll see better away records. tho it does usually feel like home is better, iduno.

home ice adv is a myth in this game, seems like in all the online lgs the difference is VERY marginal and you will usually see about the same home/away record. Often youll see better away records. tho it does usually feel like home is better, iduno.

This depends on the coach to a degree I think. Some players are probably more comfortable skating up ice into the attacking zone, and passing passing back to the point (skating downwards) into the offensive zone can be precarious for some reason - speaking from my own experience here.

The vast preponderance of coaches don't change on the fly so there's virtually no advantage there either.

Looking at box scores over the years in leagues that employ stat tracking there's no credence to the first goal wins theory as well.