NHL'94 Forums

phoenix coyotes to southern ontario?

halifax

If they moved to Southern Ontario does that mean division restructuring? Toronto moves back to the Norris Central division?

Hamilton/wherever is more West than Toronto, so Toronto wouldn't move.

/me misses the norris/adams/smythe/patrick divisions :(

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they moved to Southern Ontario does that mean division restructuring? Toronto moves back to the Norris Central division?

I'd guess Atlanta would move to the western conference. Division structing in the west would be difficult becuase no matter how it works out..another team would have change divisions in the western conference as well...ie...Atlanta bumping a central team into the pacific division or some other kind of alignment

Trying to figure out divisions would be messed up for sure...I'd like to see them go back to four divisions...even if it doesnt work out equally number wise.

I'd guess Atlanta would move to the western conference. Division structing in the west would be difficult becuase no matter how it works out..another team would have change divisions in the western conference as well...ie...Atlanta bumping a central team into the pacific division or some other kind of alignment

Trying to figure out divisions would be messed up for sure...I'd like to see them go back to four divisions...even if it doesnt work out equally number wise.

I think 28 teams, 4 divisions would be good...

As it is currently, decent teams still miss the playoffs, so getting rid of a couple teams might help a little bit. Hard to make a team financially successful if they miss the playoffs a decade straight.

As it is currently, decent teams still miss the playoffs, so getting rid of a couple teams might help a little bit. Hard to make a team financially successful if they miss the playoffs a decade straight.

But of course if you propose that to Bettman, he would faint on the spot.

I kind of like that it's hard to make the playoffs. It was pretty stupid that the North Stars made the finals in '91 when they had a season PCT of only .425. It makes the season irrelevant. Although 16/28 isn't so bad...

Phoenix newspaper online poll: over 50% of people don't care if the franchise moves or not. Considering only 2 of my friends knew the Coyotes moved from Winnipeg when I took a survey several years ago (of about 15 kids who follow sports and 1 who didn't, and the 1 who didn't was one of the two), that's not surprising.

"The Hamilton Jets" has a nice ring to it...

Hmmm, wonder where you got that from . . .

Why not Hamilton Lakers?

Or Hamilton Canucks?

Or Hamilton Dukes?

Or Hamilton Steelhawks?

Or Hamilton Tiger-Cats?

Or Hamilton Thunder?

Or Hamilton Beer Drinkers?

You get the idea.

Hmmm, wonder where you got that from . . .

Why not Hamilton Lakers?

Or Hamilton Canucks?

Or Hamilton Dukes?

Or Hamilton Steelhawks?

Or Hamilton Tiger-Cats?

Or Hamilton Thunder?

Or Hamilton Beer Drinkers?

You get the idea.

All i'm saying is that if the franchise were to revert back to it's original namesake in Hamilton then it would roll off the tongue rather well, no need to get all snide.

tell that to the pirates.. :(

tell that to the pirates.. :mellow:

That's a domain in which, the Montral Expos will always remain King for Ever, putting out a good team every year without spending any damn money (like 30M$ is big max). The poor team just gotta get it, INVEST IN THE FARM SYSTEM! Washington isn't and they suck bawls, the only decent player (Ryan Zimmerman) was drafted by the expos!

All i'm saying is that if the franchise were to revert back to it's original namesake in Hamilton then it would roll off the tongue rather well, no need to get all snide.

I'm just trying to be sarcastic, like the 35 out of 37 posts i've made.

But you do make a good point.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This story continues to make more turns. The latest being reinsdorf withdrawing his bid and the NHL submitting a bid of it's own.

here's the latest info.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=289026

• 4 weeks later...
move them to Halifax and call them "Halifax Explosions" (before anyone says thats poor taste look at the Avalanche or the Hurricanes lol)

Love it

(i'd go with just "Explosion", though)

Wow, well as we've seen some of the names can be, I guess mimicking the surroundings of the city (like Carolina with the Hurricanes)

I mean what else is Halifax really known for, to the US mainly?

I think This Hour has 22 Minutes is taped there... though I doubt they get that (considering Talking to Americans)

Hamilton had a team...once (for 5 years in the 20's) the Hamilton Tigers, I hope they'd be called that, again not sure what (if anything significant compared to say Winnipeg or Quebec) they're known for

(don't quote me on this)