NHL'94 Forums

Injuries longer then just REST OF THE GAME?

Hey everybody

The other day while watching my brothers game of nhl91.com league game i saw Dino get injured for REST OF THE GAME...and i thought to my self...man it would be pretty bad ass to have leagues with injuries lasting longer then just REST OF GAME.

When a player gets hurt for the rest of the period...obviously that does not change. But when they get hurt for REST OF GAME, it is my idea that we put in the website www.random.org (thank you to jesus) a list of injury length's with the shortest term being just the rest of the game and the longest being 10 games...with the chances of it being REST OF GAME being higher then 10 GAMES...a list looking something like this....

REST OF GAME

REST OF GAME

REST OF GAME

REST OF GAME

REST OF GAME

REST OF GAME

REST OF GAME

REST OF GAME

REST OF GAME

REST OF GAME

2 Games

2 Games

2 Games

2 Games

3 Games

3 Games

3 Games

3 Games

4 Games

4 Games

4 Games

5 Games

5 Games

6 Games

6 Games

7 Games

7 Games

8 Games

8 Games

9 Games

9 Games

10 Games

10 Games

I think this would make a really crazy twist that would really spice things up.

Although the key element here is that we need to figure out a way to avoid lies..maybe the head of the league is in charge of all injuries or something like that...

Please everyone put in your word, your thoughts, or any changes to this idea or your own personal idea as well.

Also please try to think of ways to avoid these lies so this idea can really spring off.

Thanks, see ya.

in 95, you could be injured for multiple games if i recall correctly, it was available in season mode, not sure about playoffs, perhaps there is a way to replicate that feature in 95 and put it into 94

It might be possible to have multiple-game injuries in NHL '94. I wouldn't bet on it, but it just might be possible in a playoff series (especially best-of-7).

As for REST OF PERIOD injuries? Don't knock them. They can be quite the valuable tool. :( I always love it when somebody injures my star player with two seconds left in the period, only to see my team be on the PP for 1:58 in the next period while my star player is back and healthy!

Shaftman i thought about that too...but you could just keep doing it until you got the result you wanted...aka REST OF GAME

Have the opponent put it into the RNG, then. Simple.

Oh yes the period long injury can be sucky/awsome....but a period long injury would never end up lasting games long after the injury

Try what I just had to do in NHL '96 - play almost a full overtime period without one of my key star players. Not only did I escape unscathed, but I outshot the Devils to boot. That game is currently savestated with about seven minutes to go in the fourth overtime...