NHL'94 Forums

Preliminary SNES first round Series

angryjay93

In response to Shaftman's first round bye, i decided to keep the old boy loose by giving him a preliminary series where i picked a random team and he picked his Winnipeg team. No matter the result, Shaftman would move on because im not in the league, but bragging rights were on the line.

The random team i received before game 1 was...Tampa...fittingly enough.

The series suprisingly went 7 games.

gm 1: wpg 6-3

gm 2: wpg 5-4

gm 3: tb 7-2

gm 4: tb 5-3

gm 5: tb 3-1

gm 6: wpg 7-2

gm 7: wpg 8-3

Wpg 4-3

Tampa actually managed to carry the series for the most part, outshooting winnipeg in 5 games and retaining the puck for the majority of the time. But winnipeg came back strong in the end, counterattacked to a game 6 win where they were dominated statistically, and then had a big 2nd period push to take a 5-1 lead in game 7 and walk their way to the series victory.

Really nice series, looked like a comeback from someone with championship potential, great games and good luck in the real playoffs.

Thanks a lot AJ!

I was disappointed in no first round series to play.

However AJ did not disappoint!

That was a really fun and tense series.

Really really really really fun.

Actually it made my night.

After having a 2-0 lead and losing 3 straight to go down 3-2, The Jets beat their players silly and had to dig really deep.

Anyways this best of 7 sparked a new idea for the one night events which i will post about

Breaking news, Shaft and i agreed to a best of 7, best of 7 series where we will play on both systems.

random teams before game 1 will be used for the entire series, series format is

series 1,2,5,& 7: snes

series 3,4 & 6: gens

Check back for scores of the upcoming series in the battle of the consoles, this should be amazing stuff.