NHL'94 Forums

Blitz Season 3 signup thread

To find out about how this league works, read the About page.

------------------------------------

Alrighty, I'm going to try to get a summer season of "A", "B", and "Farm" going.

Depending on the signups, I might just do a wide-open non-canon summer league instead.

This signup thread will be open for two weekends (closes Monday, June 1st).

(Edit: I will probably go with 22 coaches (possibly 24), so at this point any new sign ups will be playing in the Farm league.. which I hope I can make fun)

So, I also need you to say which option(s) you are interested in participating in:

Option 1: you would like to play in a serious "official blitz season 3" with separate "A" and "B" leagues, as well as a "Farm" league where new or extra coaches can get some fun and experience. Please specify which level you are interested in.

Option 2: you would like to play in an "unofficial" league during the summer that is just everyone in one big league.

You can choose both options or just one if you want.

Please sign up below, using the template provided (copy/paste and change my answers to your own):

-------------------------------

AIM NAME: smozoma

OPTION 1: yes - A or B

OPTION 2: yes

COMMENTS:

i'm up for anything!

blah blah

(you can not pick your team in this thread.. just the option you want!)

Also, I am thinking of having a separate part of the schedule in the "official season" leagues where you play people in the other levels a couple times, mainly just for fun and community cohesion.

Signups so far:

(note: league designations here are not official, they are skill level guesses)

Returning:

1. IcestormNHL94 - A
  2. jrodimus31 - A
  3. Freydey32 - A
  4. snoboarder3211 - A
  5. flamingpavelbure - A
  6. vocally caged - A
  7. canadiensfan66 - A
  8. smozoma - A (or B )
  9. Hokkeefan2 - A (or B )
  10. sonoffett87 - A (or B )
  11. houlanov - B (or A)
  12. Zalex1414 - B (or A)
  13. rynweinmeyer - B (or A)
  14. donnybrook94 - B
  15. Rage93 - B
  16. gihtarman - B
  17. Iceguy94 - B
  18. jesusplaysnhl94 - B

From Waiting List:

1. WagsTh - B
  2. philiveyismyhero - B (or A)
  3. boknowsnhl94 - A (or B )
  4. chris1knights@hotmail.com - B
  5. MeatSkid1 - B

New:

1. IQ25Boogiers - B
  2. louie4teen - B
  3. Turd Ferguson988 - B
  4. vinniersmith - B
  5. GREATONEGSH - B
  6. monkeyjuice1702 - B

Not coming back?:

1. angryjay93 - retired *
  2. EnsuingFracas - gone poof
  3. metzgerism - not enough time *
  4. * placed on waiting list for season 4

Edited by smozoma

order of precedence:

- returning coaches

- coaches who were on the waiting list before now (see below)

- new signups

(here is the waiting list: WagsTh - beavers33 - philiveyismyhero - BeefJerkyRules6 - chris1knights@hotmail.com - MeatSkid1 )

Edited by smozoma

AIM NAME: philiveyismyhero

OPTION 1: yes - A or B

COMMENTS:

Be happy that you didn't live in the USSR under Stalin or Western Europe after WWII-- Stalin was one bad dude.

I know some self-proclaimed WWII 'junkies', but I'm not one. I just like a good story and WWII was one. Saving Private Ryan was good. Band of Brothers was good. But I like stuff that looks at Stalin, FDR/Truman, and Churchill.

America dropped the atomic bomb. WTF was up with that? War in Japan would have been really bad, but dropping two atomic bombs was pretty rough. Even Oppenheimer was against dropping it. Then he was later accused of being a Communist. Mccathysim: What was the deal with that? Seriously!

Edited by Wittgenstein

i'm up for anything!

blah blah

----------------

AIM: Iceguy94

Option 1: Yes

Option 2: No (If we all say yes to both options, smozoma will take FOREVER to decide which)

Comments: When I start clicking, I live up to my Kalliera nickname. :D

AIM NAME: chris1knights@hotmail.com

OPTION 1: yes - B

COMMENTS: This is a great idea!

AIM NAME: louie4teen

OPTION 1: yes - B?

COMMENTS:

I would go to A if needed. I'd get my ass kicked every game, but I welcome the practice.

AIM: Hokkeefan2

OPTION 1: yes A or B

OPTION 2: (i wasn't clear on his answer.. :/)

COMMENTS:

wants to combine A and B into one big league because no one wants to win the B league

AIM NAME: boknowsnhl94

OPTION 1: yes - A or B (probably A would be better)

COMMENTS:

i'm up for anything!

blah blah

Edited by Bo Knows NHL94

AIM NAME: Vocally Caged

OPTION 1: Yes - A

OPTION 2: Yes

COMMENTS:

Could this be the year...I don't suffer a massive failure in the playoffs? Not likely

comment:

maybe to have one A division and one B division to have some games against, just like in the nhl with the old system.

comment:

maybe to have one A division and one B division to have some games against, just like in the nhl with the old system.

I may have a separate standings page for inter-league play (it'd be 2 games against guys outside your league), but those games will not count in the "official" A and B leagues. Scoring titles are such are meant to be achieved based on play against your own league/level.

If I don't participate in the summer league how does it effect my draft positioning | league status? I don't want to lose my seat for the fall...

While I didn't have a chance to draft my 1st team are we allowed to select NHL teams that have migrated or are defunct?

And for the amalgam of the A and B leagues I could do a custom rom with splash screens | logos and all that jazz if there's more than 24 clubs; if you want.

Sorry for all the questions :D

If I don't participate in the summer league how does it effect my draft positioning | league status? I don't want to lose my seat for the fall...

So far I am pretty sure I will be running an official Season 3 during the summer. Unfortunately for those who don't have the time or drive to play in the summer, this means that not playing in Season 3 results in losing your team for Season 4. However, I will make a special case for Season 2 coaches so they can be first on the waiting list for Season 4 and have a pretty good chance of getting a team (what are the odds everyone returns..). I'm not sure how draft position will work out (something like "can build a competitive team, but not nab a top-10 superstar).

If the summer season fails, Season 3 will start over in the fall and Season 2 coaches will have the opportunity to reclaim their position in the league (however I very much doubt I would redo the draft...).

While I didn't have a chance to draft my 1st team are we allowed to select NHL teams that have migrated or are defunct?

No, I am sticking with the original teams so teams have more meaningful team histories in the website stats. (Also, it's just less ROM work)

And for the amalgam of the A and B leagues I could do a custom rom with splash screens | logos and all that jazz if there's more than 24 clubs; if you want.

I won't be exceeding the number of teams in the ROM, but I would greatly appreciate any ROM help I could get from you (the season 2 ROM was pretty bare-bones and it took me forever to just do the intro screens)

Anyway, I really hope you come back for the summer season. With only 10 or 11 opponents, it's not too hard to get the games in.

(that A-vs-B interleague play won't be mandatory, it's just for fun)

I think you should have one big league...

Will there be promotions and demotions?

Also, the draft will have the same structure and format as season 2 with protection picks and stufF?

I think you should have one big league...

I like "A"/"B" :D

The competition is close in most games. Guys who aren't among the top 10 in the community have a reason to look forward to the playoffs. You have fewer opponents so it's easier to get your games in.

I am thinking of having a separate part of the schedule in the "official season" leagues where you play people in the other levels a couple times, mainly just for fun and community cohesion. These games are not mandatory.

Will there be promotions and demotions?

Yes. Not quite sure who, yet, since the signups aren't done.

Also, the draft will have the same structure and format as season 2 with protection picks and stufF?

Yes, but the order of protection/free picks will be different. The first round will be a free round, and the second will be protection. I will try to limit it so no team loses an unfair number of players in the free rounds.

Edited by smozoma