NHL'94 Forums

New

Red Son

Hello!

I've been an avid player of NHL 94 since the day I got it, Christmas of 93. I was only 5 when I got it, but have been playing it ever since. I've moved on with the new generation of gaming systems, but have still kept my SNES along with this game and a few others, including all the Marios, of course, and Ken Griffey Jr.'s MLB.

I recently found the ZSNES emulator, and being as I own the game I've now got the ROM and just got it going. I'm going to need to figure out how to set up the Internet function, as I have no idea just yet. I'm running Vista, and if it acts the same way with ZSNES as it does every other program in existence, I'm going to assume that I'll have a lot of problems.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to becoming a part of the community, and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :lol:

WELCOME!!

As always we take all 94 players with open arms.

I specifically will tend to all your SNES needs.

Catch me on aim, if you dont use aim ill give you my email.

Hopfully we can get you in some SNES leagues!

Edit - Are you sure your not me? I haven't stopped playing 94 since i got my snes when i was 5...for xmas...93...XD

Edited by shaftman

Welcome! Another SNES player - nice!

Like Shaftman said, are you sure you're not me? NHL '94, Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball, and Super Mario Kart are probably my 3 favourite SNES games. Although, I was 12 when I got NHL '94 and it was in the Fall of 1993, not at xmas.

I have no problems at all playing online running WindowsXP. ZNES and Hamachi are easy to use and you shoulnd't have any problems.

Hello!

I've been an avid player of NHL 94 since the day I got it, Christmas of 93. I was only 5 when I got it, but have been playing it ever since. I've moved on with the new generation of gaming systems, but have still kept my SNES along with this game and a few others, including all the Marios, of course, and Ken Griffey Jr.'s MLB.

I recently found the ZSNES emulator, and being as I own the game I've now got the ROM and just got it going. I'm going to need to figure out how to set up the Internet function, as I have no idea just yet. I'm running Vista, and if it acts the same way with ZSNES as it does every other program in existence, I'm going to assume that I'll have a lot of problems.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to becoming a part of the community, and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

welcome to the site!

Welcome! Another SNES player - nice!

Like Shaftman said, are you sure you're not me? NHL '94, Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball, and Super Mario Kart are probably my 3 favourite SNES games. Although, I was 12 when I got NHL '94 and it was in the Fall of 1993, not at xmas.

I have no problems at all playing online running WindowsXP. ZNES and Hamachi are easy to use and you shoulnd't have any problems.

Bob..if you were a big fan of the baseball games...my all time snes fav was 'Extra Innings'...It plays just like RBI baseball from the NES....it's supoib!

Bob..if you were a big fan of the baseball games...my all time snes fav was 'Extra Innings'...It plays just like RBI baseball from the NES....it's supoib!

I think Extra Innings was good too, but Ken Griff was the only baseball game I ever got really into. It was just awesome.. the animations, the music, the gameplay, the ball physics..

I loved that it had the MLB License. I hated that it didn't have the MLB players' association license. The saving grace was that the players were modeled after their real-life counterparts, so if you were willing to spend the umpteen hours editing all the player names, you were good to go!

Just don't lend the game to a careless friend who pops out game cartridges without turning the system off first.... or all of the player names will be re-set... All that hard work lost... :)

I will download extra innings and give it a shot.

Make sure that you play Extra Innings with one of us online (I have it and would be up for a game). The CPU is idiotic and on offense you have mega-advantages:

1. You can leg out a single off of anything that looks like an infield ground-out because the ball is thrown so slowly.

2. This also means that singles can easily turn into doubles and stealing 2nd is pretty easy.

3. The fielders don't run so any doubles usually turn into inside-the-park homers.

4. Probably best to use the giant stadium :)

thank you all for your replies!

My main issue is definitely gonna be getting around Vista to get it online. I'm thinking about getting the Gens Emu and then the Roms, since it seems like it's easier to connect to the internet for most people.

Anyhow, I haven't found a whole lot online explaining how to get SNES to connect online. Does anyone have any links to some good info? Thanks!

I did some more research.

Apparently 1.51 is not stable for Netplay, so I had to get version 1.41. Someone please let me know if that doesn't sound right, thx.

Edited by Red Son

thank you all for your replies!

My main issue is definitely gonna be getting around Vista to get it online. I'm thinking about getting the Gens Emu and then the Roms, since it seems like it's easier to connect to the internet for most people.

Anyhow, I haven't found a whole lot online explaining how to get SNES to connect online. Does anyone have any links to some good info? Thanks!

wha wha whaaaat? Genesis? NO, you are a SNES guy. I have Vista and it works great. All you need is the emulator (which you have) and Hamachi. It's really quite simple. I think the link explaining SNES netplay is outdated. Talk to shaftman / gihtarman if you see him on AIM.