NHL'94 Forums

Help editing ice color?

I followed the directions that are provided in the navigation bar at the top of the web page, and edited the proper lines of code. Then i saved it. But when i try to open the Rom in Gens, it doesn't open. :lol:

Any suggestions?

Should i do it in Hex? Thats what i tried to do in. Or should i try it in NOSE?

I just wanted to edit the original NHL'94 Gens Rom to have white ice.

And then i was going to install the weight fix patch and the secondary assist fix patch.

Edited by rags81

I followed the directions that are provided in the navigation bar at the top of the web page, and edited the proper lines of code. Then i saved it. But when i try to open the Rom in Gens, it doesn't open. :mellow:

Any suggestions?

Should i do it in Hex? Thats what i tried to do in. Or should i try it in NOSE?

I just wanted to edit the original NHL'94 Gens Rom to have white ice.

And then i was going to install the weight fix patch and the secondary assist fix patch.

There is a checksum in the ROM. Open your edited ROM in NOSE and just save it. NOSE will fix the checksum and the game will run.

Editing the ice in NOSE is easier, anyway.

Also, only certain colours are valid, so it can be tough to make a nice ice colour.

Do i unzip all the files in the zip file to a created folder?

You will need to create a new directory for NOSE.

If there are any other speed bumps in launching NOSE you might need to update Visual Basic and ActiveX (should be available on his site).

The 'R' in the tool bar will display the rink palette.. Traditional RGB values are inverted with Genesis's VDP. So the hex and decimal ice swatches | hues begin at: B: E(248) G: E(252) R: 0(0)

From there increase red's value for brighter ice hues. Personally B: E(248) G: E(252) R: C(144) is the closest one can get to white without encountering contrast conflicts with uniforms.

You will need to create a new directory for NOSE.

If there are any other speed bumps in launching NOSE you might need to update Visual Basic and ActiveX (should be available on his site).

The 'R' in the tool bar will display the rink palette.. Traditional RGB values are inverted with Genesis's VDP. So the hex and decimal ice swatches | hues begin at: B: E(248) G: E(252) R: 0(0)

From there increase red's value for brighter ice hues. Personally B: E(248) G: E(252) R: C(144) is the closest one can get to white without encountering contrast conflicts with uniforms.

Thanks i appreciate it.

Thanks everyone for your help.

This is mucho confusing for me.