NHL'94 Forums

Bad news...

My PC's cooling fan got burned out because I left the computer on too long today. :rolleyes: That means I won't be able to have or make games until at least Friday or Saturday, since my brother will do work out of town and won't be back until Thurday night.

I can still follow the draft and stuff via PS3, though. It has internet.

Thing is, I still have playoff games to play in Classic. louie4teen is gonna have to wait for this week until my PC is fixed. Can you tell him if you see him in AIM?

Thing is, I still have playoff games to play in Classic. louie4teen is gonna have to wait for this week until my PC is fixed. Can you tell him if you see him in AIM?

Yeah I'll tell him

Ok, here are current news about my PC.

The fan and the power outlet are fixed, but after testing they told me that it didn't show any video, so they're doing a checkup on it. I fear that the hard drive could be fried and that's what I'm affraid of, since I got lots of stuff in there, including old files from my late father that may be gone if the hard drive does end up being fried. I'm just praying that it's alright and that there are parts that can be replaced easily.

For the time being, the PC was tested with the new fan and power outlet but there wasn't any video imaging in the monitor. That's all I know for today. Tomorrow I'll call in and check.

Edited by RedWingDevil

Good news and bad news:

The good news is that the cooling fan, outlet and harddrive are okay. The bad news is that the motherboard, processor and a few stuff got burned, so basically the PC is now fucked and now we're hunting for a new unit.

I could use my brother's laptop for NHL games, but only to a point. On top of that, my playing time will be limited for a bit. I may on during afternoons and evenings, though. If I get a compromise, I may still play, since my bro knows I play in leagues online.

Take as much time as you need, I won't be going anywhere. Thanks for the updates

Now thats class. We need more dudes that are as chill as Louie4teen. No beef, no bitchin, just respect for your opponent.

Chill like that, is a breath of fresh air on theses forums.

Props.

I do apreciate the thoughts. Like I said, though, I use the laptop when my big brother's there in the house. Since I have a few SNES games, there is a possibility I can get Gens games as well. Other types of games, like MMORPGS are off-limits, since my bro's laptop is for work, although I've seen him download a lot of Batman comics and episodes of The Office. XDDDD

I'll work something out, though. If my brother goes out of town and takes his laptop though, I won't be able to play depending on the time he's gone.

• 2 weeks later...

I have thought of a second alternative this time around.

In the eventuality in which my brother is going out of town again for work issues and takes his laptop this week, I decided that I'll copypasta the ROMS and the emulators to my USB, go to a cyber hangout, rent a PC and copy the files onto the machine so that I'll be able to play. Of course, my brother said I'll have a new computer soon, but this measure will do nicely for me in a 2 or 3-time per week ratio. My small hypothesis tells me I may have better connection and ping, since there's a good internet connection in that place.