NHL'94 Forums

Not sure what I'm doing wrong on this ...

... I'm taking my first real stab at rom hacking, following along with Wboy's tutorial for Tile Molester, and on the first EA Sports splash screen I'm getting a different result from the example.

The example looks like this:

TheExample.jpg

My attempt looks like this:

WhatIGot.jpg

Does anyone have an idea of what I am doing wrong here? My apologies if this has been covered, but I was unable to locate the thread. Thanks very much in advance.

EDIT: The palettes seem to line up alright after trying other screens and palette offset hexes within the ROM and then going back to the first splash screen; I'm not sure why they weren't showing up correctly the first time, but I've seemed to find a solution, however temporary.

Edited by JT_Dutch

Did you hit the big left/right arrows beside the palette colour squares? if you entered the number 64 that means there are 4 sets of 16 colours.

I think.. i never quite understood exactly.. <_<

... Yeah, I already figured out what the problem was. In the first screenshot I showed above, the palette offset number was 1083144, and the actual palette offset number was listed later in the tutorial as 1083114. It was just a minor thing that I should have spotted. Mods here can delete this thread if they want, my apologies.