NHL'94 Forums

New Guy needs help

bartdogg42

Hey welcome all you 94 addicts. Man I played this game soooo much growing up, and just hooked up the emulator/rom and the memories flooded back. That glorious music!

Problem is I have no idea how to play the game without a controller and I'm not sure I want to bust out $50 on one. Where or what is the cheapest controller I can find? I've never used a controller of any type for a PC so laymen's terms would be appreciated! I just can't play the game without a controller.

well if u end up not buying a controller i can tell u how the keyboard works

the 'A' key= dive while being the goalie/dump in on offence

the 'S' key= poke check/switch player/win faceoff

the 'D' key= speed burst/check/shoot

btw u cant use speed burst when u hav the puck... even with a controller

Dude grab a controller for 10 bucksss cmann.

Many threads about this...no one has to spend 50 on a controller. They are cheap and easy to get.

I bought myself a SNES adapter for 20 bucks off ebay, so i use the same controller i used when the game came out <_<

Works great. They should have them for Gens too.

you should be able to get a logitech three button controller for 10 bucks from target.

I opted for the logitech dual acton ps2 clone for liek 25 bucks because they didnt have the 10 dollar one in stock when I went and because you can use this one for newer games etc.

no reason to spend 50 bucks but 25 or 10 bucks aint bad at all.

controller > keyboard

i think the reason some people like the keyboard is that you know exactly which direction buttons you are pressing, so your control is more precise, making your dekes better.

Or you can always Keyboard, like i do. It has it advantages and disadvantages

and u dont hav to pay any money for one

I got mine at 10 bucks from Amazon. Works like a charm.

• 4 weeks later...

I use a saitek p2600 controller it works like a charm, and I got it on one of those "deal a day" websites (woot.com) a few months back for $10. Also, if you have an Xbox 360, you can use a wired controller from that system and plug it into your pc. Hope this helps u out

• 3 weeks later...
Hey welcome all you 94 addicts. Man I played this game soooo much growing up, and just hooked up the emulator/rom and the memories flooded back. That glorious music!

Problem is I have no idea how to play the game without a controller and I'm not sure I want to bust out $50 on one. Where or what is the cheapest controller I can find? I've never used a controller of any type for a PC so laymen's terms would be appreciated! I just can't play the game without a controller.

i prefer the comp controls

I personally use the FUSION emulator & you can edit the controls