NHL'94 Forums

SNES Playoffs announcement

statto

Just got a PM from schwartz saying he was out of town and wasn't around, so for the interests of competitiveness, Winnipeg will now play Hartford in the "second" round, and the winner of this series will play the winner of the New Jersey-Calgary series for the SNES Spring Classic Trophy.

I understand that this deviates from the rules slightly, but given both schwartz's circumstances and the circumstances regarding the poor turnout for the SNES playoffs, I feel as if this is in the best interests of all the parties involved (you get to play four to seven ultra-competitive SNES games).

So have at it, guys.

Who won last Classic league SNES A finals between Thedangler vs Masterof94?

What is this another SNES NHL'94 Classic season is coming to an end before the last season finals has ended?

Hey, Statto. Prodigyof94 is rather displeased that you eliminated his team. He wants to talk to you and he wants to solve the situation with the SNES playoffs.

Hey, Statto. Prodigyof94 is rather displeased that you eliminated his team. He wants to talk to you and he wants to solve the situation with the SNES playoffs.

Your not the Commish. Don't relay his messages for him. He needs to learn to speak for himself.

Well, I can't please everybody.

I also don't have access to AIM, so point him to this thread. If he wants to play, I have bent the rules for SNES just because of the complete lack of interest from a number of different places. He did not post his availability however so I have every reason to bump him.

What I won't do is nullify the scores from the NJ-CGY series. Tell him he has to post here as soon as possible if he wants to play and I'll get this whole mess figured out.

Edited by statto

Your not the Commish. Don't relay his messages for him. He needs to learn to speak for himself.

I don't have access to AIM at the moment, which is where he usually hangs out, so it's coo' for the moment.

Well, I suppose things like that happen. It would be in the best interest to sort this little problem out.

And shaftman, it's not totally wrong that I'm trying to help a guy on his behalf if he hasn't contacted Statto by the reason above. Besides, wouldn't you do the same if your team got scratched off the playoffs even though you played your games and your opponent didn't?

Edited by RedWingDevil

Well, I suppose things like that happen. It would be in the best interest to sort this little problem out.

And shaftman, it's not totally wrong that I'm trying to help a guy on his behalf if he hasn't contacted Statto by the reason above. Besides, wouldn't you do the same if your team got scratched off the playoffs even though you played your games and your opponent didn't?

He got scratched out of the playoffs because he didn't make any attempt to look for his let me know that he was still interested in the playoffs. I advanced people who showed an interest in the playoffs, including schwartz, who had a very specific request to continue playing today. If you look at what happened, I let people through to the second round in GENS who didn't play their series because their opponent didn't show up. I also noted that games would indeed be double forfeited if players didn't show up, and that games would be reseeded to reflect those who were interested in playing. I didn't just scratch people because people didn't play their games, and I didn't just add schwartz back in because I felt like it.

Deadline is June 16th before I scratch again.

Funny, how my team is magically eliminated. I was eliminated from last season's finals and this season's playoff without playing. I guess if my opponent refuses to play me, I lose.

You missed this rule then:

+ If you have not finished your series by June 1, and you want to advance to the next round, you must either post on the forums providing proof that 1) the other player was unavailable; 2) due to time restrictions, you have scheduled to play your games on the forums sometime reasonably soon (a week) after June 1.

I advanced people who complied with this rule.

Hey Statto, here is an interesting concept, a team does well during the season, but for some reason they dont qualify for the playoffs because their opponent resigns? how does that work?

Apparently, I was scheduled to play drinnagh (5-3) record, in the first round playoffs. As expected he didn't show, expected because he didn't show in the regular season either.

youre deflecting here, the point statto is making is that YOU didnt show up either. if you make a post noting your desire to play and your availability, then all this is avoided and youd advance.

Not available? Funny billy, I'm on aim, not 24/7, but I'm on. My past record indicates I show up to play. My record was 10-4 meaning I played whoever was willing to play me. So, I'm here as usual.

regular season is different from playoffs and you still didnt comply to the rule that statto had posted earlier in this thread. im not trying to pile on you here by any means, im just pointing to the fact that you didnt comply with a rule, a simple rule at that and you post complaining about the decision, it was a very easy situation to avoid.

Yea, I understand statto's rule, but it doesn't make sense. Why was I put up against a player who barely played games, and way late in the season at that. Why would I seek out a player whose inactivity is well known. What? Send emails, and wait for a no response? Why wasn't I sought out? Oh, that's because the other guy is inactive.

Yea, I understand statto's rule, but it doesn't make sense. Why was I put up against a player who barely played games, and way late in the season at that. Why would I seek out a player whose inactivity is well known. What? Send emails, and wait for a no response? Why wasn't I sought out? Oh, that's because the other guy is inactive.

statto included everyone in the playoffs, so you werent the only one paired up with a slacker. we arent asking you to break your back to get a guy to play you, just make an effort on the boards that takes 5 minutes at most. Youre asking the commish to spend even more time than he does running this league to go out and seek players who we should assume want to play. would it not just be easier to comply to the rule that takes 5 minutes?

Sigh. If I didn't send PM's, Master and prodigy, you both would of been no shows. But now your ranting.

We know your oppnoents didnt show, but neither did you.

This is this first time you make any posts in regards to playoffs.

Hey Statto, here is an interesting concept, a team does well during the season, but for some reason they dont qualify for the playoffs because their opponent resigns? how does that work?

Everyone qualified for the playoffs. Check the threads.

That's how the seeding worked out. Also, not a single first round playoff series was played, and I even threatened to just hand the title to shaftman. Then, a couple other people told me they were still interested in playing, so I advanced them to the second round. Seriously, I'm not out to get you. I'm trying to make sure games get played and that people who are still interested in playing are playing in the later rounds. When I seeded the second round, I knew of only three people who were still interested in playing - you simply did not state that you were still interested in playing, and I had no way of knowing otherwise.

Yeah, everyone made the playoffs, not everyone showed up. I did not state whether I was interesting in playing. Nor did I state that I wasn't. So that automatically that disqualifies me? I don't recall anyone checking in with me about that. I played every game I possibly could on any and every system, and it just becomes basic assumption that I don't want to play in these playoffs. Shaftman, sees me on aim, I'm around. Yeah, it takes less than five minutes to seek out an opponent, but how come no one sought me out, and said "real quick master, are you out or in?" What makes me active? Posting irrelevant comments to build up my post count?

Edited by principalities

First of all Shaftman/Gihtarman, I don't owe you anything, so don't flatter yourself and stop acting like your some icon. Second of all on the topic of "no shows" now i know your really spitting out garbage, I have been online throughout, I know you saw me online just like you currently see me online now. Third of all, I never knew Bob Kudelski had a personal speaker, I'm sure Kudelski can speak for himself, follow your own advice Ant, stop being a hypocrite

First of all Shaftman/Gihtarman, I don't owe you anything, so don't flatter yourself and stop acting like your some icon. Second of all on the topic of "no shows" now i know your really spitting out garbage, I have been online throughout, I know you saw me online just like you currently see me online now. Third of all, I never knew Bob Kudelski had a personal speaker, I'm sure Kudelski can speak for himself, follow your own advice Ant, stop being a hypocrite

Sigh. Why do I always have to defend myself against you. I never said you owed me anything. And if you opened your eyes, you'll see Bob came on the forums and resigned himself. I never spoke for him.

All I was interested in was having a successful SNES playoff. So I contacted you.

Don't attack me for doing so.

Since Kudelski quit, then how come my team doesn't qualify for the playoffs? Another thing shaftman, you clearly said you contacted me, then my question to you is how can I be a "no show" if you contacted me? You really need to make up your mind on what story to tell

Just to help clarify rules:

All a user has to do is post their availability in the Schedule A Game thread if you're having problems meeting up through AIM. This post on the forums shows your efforts to getting your games in. If your opponent doesn't reply or make a post about their availability you move on. Being on AIM a lot can't prove you were attempting to play a game. The Classic league usually uses this guideline for all games.

-Evan