NHL'94 Forums

Question on recoloring banners

Anybody know what's the best way to put in new team banners (I'm talking about the playoff/pause screen banners) and change the colors? I've been able to make new banners, but when I go to put them in through TM, they show up discolored in the actual game. Do I need to import the internal palette of the individual team colors or what?

Any help is greatly appreciated; this is pretty much the only thing left I have to figure out

Do I need to import the internal palette of the individual team colors or what?

Yes.

The playoff | scoreboard banners use the same palette as the rink as do multitude of other tiles.

Wouldn't advise modifying individual colors from the rink palette.. Unless the color you are changing is in the same family.

Sample the BGR values from the palette and create your banners in a graphics editing program with the colors available in that palette (there is a wide enough scope and the primary color wheel is available) - ensuring that the hues are identical. Otherwise Tile Molester would be forced to render them for you, which is like hunting with a blind man.

If the banners have already been created an existing edit you can shop lift them, then transplant them into your project.. Might be unsavory, but I could show you how.

offset: 1927500

size: 64

format: 9bpp bgr

byte order: Motorola