NHL'94 Forums

One-Timer Passing Stat Bug

I'm and old NHL94 GENS player, but new here. GREAT site. Has anybody noticed that one-timers (successful ones) don't get counted as a successful pass in the game stats? It used to drive me nuts. I didn't see it mentioned in the forums or game bugs.

Cheers!

I'm and old NHL94 GENS player, but new here. GREAT site. Has anybody noticed that one-timers (successful ones) don't get counted as a successful pass in the game stats? It used to drive me nuts. I didn't see it mentioned in the forums or game bugs.

Cheers!

it counts them aon mine???

It's true; they don't count as successful passes.

I could probably fix this relatively easily, a la weight bug fix...

Onetimers also don't count as touching the puck for offsides or icing (not sure if I could fix that easily)

Edited by smozoma

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...

Cheers!

Hey, this is cool! I found Raph's first post on the forum, when he was a bright eyed noob.

Ok, can someone elaborate on the one-timer passing bug? We want the stats on nhl94rocks.com to reflect the true passing attempts and passing percentage. Soooo...

1. If you pass and do a one-timer and do not score, does it count as a missed pass?

2. If you pass and do a one-timer and score, does this also count as a missed pass?

Or do I have this wrong? (Not sure what a "successful one timer" from above means...)

Also, can someone confirm that a one-timer that is on goal does count as a SOG?

Thanks!

Edited by aqualizard

I'm under the presumption that it's like this. When you do a onetimer it does never counts as a pass. If you score 3/7 in onetimer stat, you have made 3 onetimers out of the 7 succesfull onetimer attempts. So in short, these 7 onetimers are always succesfull passes, but are not shown in the pass stat.

As an example, from the game Cgy-Dal http://nhl94online.com/html/box_score.php?gameid=28308.

Passing for Seth is 26/41 -> 63%, but it should be 30/45 -> 67%

Passing for me is 23/45 -> 51%, but it should be 30/52 -> 58%

I'm under the presumption that it's like this. When you do a onetimer it does never counts as a pass. If you score 3/7 in onetimer stat, you have made 3 onetimers out of the 7 succesfull onetimer attempts. So in short, these 7 onetimers are always succesfull passes, but are not shown in the pass stat.

As an example, from the game Cgy-Dal http://nhl94online.com/html/box_score.php?gameid=28308.

Passing for Seth is 26/41 -> 63%, but it should be 30/45 -> 67%

Passing for me is 23/45 -> 51%, but it should be 30/52 -> 58%

Almost -- the passes get recorded as an attempt, but not successful when a one-timer. So in your example, it should be:

Seth: 26/41 - should be 30/41.

Depch: 23/45 - should be 30/45.

Add one-timer attempts to successful passes, but don't add another pass attempt.