NHL'94 Forums

Idea for a league

kupuck19

I'm thinking about starting a Gens league with the 09 rom. I have been itching to get back into a Gens league for awhile and haven't been able to get into one so I'm thinking I may just want to start my own.

I'm thinking like two conferences with 12 teams, each conference will have 3 divisions of 4 teams. The winner of each division locks up home ice in the playoffs. Play-offs will have 8 teams from each conference that play in a best of seven. Regular season format I'm still planning out and open to suggestions. Right now I'm favoring a 40 game schedule with 4 games against each team in your division, 2 games against everyone else in the conference, and 1 game against every out of conference opponent. This isn't a sign up thread, just trying to see what kind of interest there is out there and if anyone wants to help out since I have never run a league before.

I would love to be in an 09 league. Go Jackets! Draft would be cool too.

Matter of fact, I'd love to be in ANY league! How do I do that?

watch the forums for sign-up threads

I would love to be in an 09 league. Go Jackets! Draft would be cool too.

Matter of fact, I'd love to be in ANY league! How do I do that?

also the blitz farm league is always open for signup!!

Edited by nationals1

I'm liking the two divisions idea, I think the way to go will be an A division and a B division with 12 teams each. This is my first time ever trying to organize a league and a draft would get complicated for me, so sorry I don't think I'll do a draft.

Idea 1 - Two conferences of 6. Play everyone in your conference 4 times and play everyone out of conference 2 times (32 game schedule), splitting home ice evenly. Top four of each conference makes playoffs.

Idea 2 - No conferences. Play everyone 4 times (44 games) with top 8 teams making the playoffs.

Idea 3 - Two conferences of 6. Two divisions of 3 in each conference. Same schedule as Idea 1. Everyone makes the playoffs. Winners of each division get a bye in first round of play-offs while other 8 coaches play a wild card round.

Edited by kupuck19

I'm liking the two divisions idea, I think the way to go will be an A division and a B division with 12 teams each. This is my first time ever trying to organize a league and a draft would get complicated for me, so sorry I don't think I'll do a draft.

Idea 1 - Two conferences of 6. Play everyone in your conference 4 times and play everyone out of conference 2 times (32 game schedule), splitting home ice evenly. Top four of each conference makes playoffs.

Idea 2 - No conferences. Play everyone 4 times (44 games) with top 8 teams making the playoffs.

Idea 3 - Two conferences of 6. Two divisions of 3 in each conference. Same schedule as Idea 1. Everyone makes the playoffs. Winners of each division get a bye in first round of play-offs while other 8 coaches play a wild card round.

Idea 2 IMO.

Also I agree with Habs, apply the weightbug fix to the 09 rom. I'd definitely play that (and I might have a friend who would as well).

try using the 2009 rom with the weight hack fix applied.

Makes a ton of sense, as most of the 09 players feel weird.

Here's the program for fixing the weight bug.

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=8030

It gives 3 options, but I highly recommend Option 1, or at least Option 2. Option 3 sucks :P

Idea number 1 seems cool...i would love to be in this league by the way.

the sign up is already on the forums

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic...amp;#entry79389

thats the sign up address