NHL'94 Forums

HHOF 2009 Eligible Inductees

clockwise

Enshrinement looms on the horizon for hockeys grandest honor. The chance to be immortalized with the grey ghosts of games past by.

HHOF 2009 Eligible Players (Legends of Hockey Showcase)

The kiosk of first year eligibles boasts four 600+ goal scorers, with Hull atop the spire at 741.

Yzerman and Oates have the most total points of any players eligible - 1775 for Stevie, and 1420 for Oates.

If I had to guess it'd be all 1st year guys: Yzerman, Hull, and Leetch.

Enshrinement looms on the horizon for hockeys grandest honor. The chance to be immortalized with the grey ghosts of games past by.

HHOF 2009 Eligible Players (Legends of Hockey Showcase)

The kiosk of first year eligibles boasts four 600+ goal scorers, with Hull atop the spire at 741.

Yzerman and Oates have the most total points of any players eligible - 1775 for Stevie, and 1420 for Oates.

The word on the street is Yzerman, hull, leetch and robitaille as your four horsemen.

Really hard to argue with these. Lucky and Oates will have their day.

Hull is going in the builders' category for his work with the Stars, right?

The word on the street is Yzerman, hull, leetch and robitaille as your four horsemen.

That's probably what will happen, and with good reason.

-Evan

Still, guys with less impressive stats like Larionov got in.

A guy with more than 1 point a game for life, and such a high goal/points percentage is a go for me.

should be in yes, but likely wont be in for a long while.

Look how long is took glen anderson to get in, while he had a ton of cups and a pt per game they all said he played with the best.

Bure on the other side of the spectrum, although he did have great playoff numbers, in his LAST 11 seasons in the NHL he made it to the playoffs once and got swept, has zero cups but had very few if any other great calibre players to play along side. Add to the fact that he failed to reach 1000GP, 500 goals or 1000 pts and the HHOF being tight asses in selection especially European selection I don't think we'll see Bure in for atleast a few years.

Still, guys with less impressive stats like Larionov got in.

A guy with more than 1 point a game for life, and such a high goal/points percentage is a go for me.

Pavel will get in at one point or another. The guy had one of the highest goals per game average of all time. I don't think he'll get in this year but who knows.

As for Larionov. He didn't reach the NHL until he was 29 with most of his prime years behind him. He played one of the best lines ever assembled in international hockey with krutov and makarov and they won a bunch of gold medals in the olympics and world championships including a canada cup title along the way.

should be in yes, but likely wont be in for a long while.

Look how long is took glen anderson to get in, while he had a ton of cups and a pt per game they all said he played with the best.

Bure on the other side of the spectrum, although he did have great playoff numbers, in his LAST 11 seasons in the NHL he made it to the playoffs once and got swept, has zero cups but had very few if any other great calibre players to play along side. Add to the fact that he failed to reach 1000GP, 500 goals or 1000 pts and the HHOF being tight asses in selection especially European selection I don't think we'll see Bure in for atleast a few years.

Yeah, but look with who did Bure played in Florida....

Viktor Kozlov and ''Insert a Nobody''

I think in terms of creating opportunities for himself, he's one of the best ever, if not the best.

Yeah, but look with who did Bure played in Florida....

Viktor Kozlov and ''Insert a Nobody''

I think in terms of creating opportunities for himself, he's one of the best ever, if not the best.

your right he really did have nobody but neither did Gretzky other than robatille

you cant consider Bure as one of the best because he didnt make the players the he played with better but Gretzky did

I know your just trying to stand up for your boy Bure and he might make it into the HHOF one year but its not gunna be this year

your right he really did have nobody but neither did Gretzky other than robatille

1981-1986

Player Name	   GP 	 G 	 A	 Pts	Pts/GP
Wayne Gretzky	394	375	661	1036	  2.63
Paul Coffey	  399	183	387	 570	  1.43
Jari Kurri	   366	268	301	 569	  1.55
Glenn Anderson   384	236	255	 491	  1.28
Mark Messier	 346	193	240	 433	  1.25

Hall of fame... 5/5

1981-1986

Player Name	   GP 	 G 	 A	 Pts	Pts/GP
Wayne Gretzky	394	375	661	1036	  2.63
Paul Coffey	  399	183	387	 570	  1.43
Jari Kurri	   366	268	301	 569	  1.55
Glenn Anderson   384	236	255	 491	  1.28
Mark Messier	 346	193	240	 433	  1.25

Hall of fame... 5/5

thats what im saying though guys

I dont think these guys would have this good of stats without Gretzkey

credibility ruined.

Judging from your first post, you weren't aware Wayne Gretzky played in Edmonton.

ok im just gunna give up now

go ahead give me a one star rating on my profile lol

btw i know Gretzky played in Edmonton

Edited by nationals1

I'm not trying to be a dick, or beat a dead horse, but it usually helps to be alive during the players' primes in order to compare them and judge which teammates they did/didn't help.

WHAT! THAT'S AN OUTRAGE! :D

Those players, even without Gretzky were still all-stars after they left edmonton. (and gangbanging the jets)

(I only started following hockey four years ago)

First ballot BITCHES!!!!

oh gawd...ur talking about paul coffey and mark messier

oh gawd...ur talking about paul coffey and mark messier

And he still WON GAME 6! And he did it without Gretzky! Holy Crap!

Yeah can't compare Bure to Gretzky, really you just can't.

What i meant for Bure is, that he was one of the best to create opportunities, without even USING his teamates, (like Sid does with dopes like BIll Guerin)

Edited by The Russian Rocket