NHL'94 Forums

Finals Videos: Now It's For Real, The Playoffs Are Here - Season 1

clockwise

Now It's For Real - The Playoffs Are Here (click for blog entry)

19qx4m.jpg

"After some two hundred ten games, and more than two months later, the real season begins. Two of the best teams on paper failed to qualify for the post season: Pittsburgh and Calgary. In their absence are unlikely qualifiers in Hartford and Winnipeg.
To all coaches who made it to the dance: congratulations, you earned this, make the most of it. It doesn't matter what your seed is, all that matters now is who managed to get a foot in the door and who wants it more.

Above is the bracket displaying the top eight teams from each conference and the matchups, juxtaposed. As the post-season rolls along, it will be updated to reflect the current state of the playoffs as rounds progress. So check back often to see if your prognostications hold up.
Final scores are to be posted in the Playoff Scores subforum. To coaches that finished the regular season early: sharpen up your game in exhibitions or against the CPU. The last thing anyone wants to do is to go into a series ice cold.

This is for more than just a cup, and more than just bragging rights, as the champion will receive his own individual award following the post-season.

May the best coach win, and glory to the game."

Here's the final regular season stats, and standings if coaches want to do some scouting. If anyone wants to break down some matchups with the coaching statsthat would be cool, too.

EDIT: The finals will be on Youtube.

umm no stats recording during the playoffs? Just add more games to the schedule.

after the season, i'll need to give you my updated database stuff so the league supports seasons. when doing that, i can make those games count as playoff games, like in blitz.

(assuming you don't delete the save files)

umm no stats recording during the playoffs? Just add more games to the schedule.

Thought about it but decided not to after Philly and Toronto already got some games in. If guys want I can add some games to the schedule, however, I won't have time until Saturday afternoon.

Thought about it but decided not to after Philly and Toronto already got some games in. If guys want I can ad some games to the schedule, however I won't have time until Saturday afternoon - didn't think guys wanted to wait after the regular season was extended.

hmm.. there's nothing preventing people from making save states that can be uploaded later. did PHI/TOR make saves?

Round 1 Update

Egg Roll Conference

Chicago (Hokkeefan) advances in 5 against Hartford (Iceguy94)

Game #1 Boxscore

Game #2 Boxscore

Game #3 Boxscore

Game #4 Boxscore

Game #5 Boxscore

Los Angeles (Matt Hurray) advances in 6 against Buffalo (Smozoma)

Game #1 Boxscore

Game #2 Boxscore

Game #3 Boxscore

Game #4 Boxscore

Game #5 Boxscore

Game #6 Boxscore

New York R. (Boknowsnhl94) advances in 4 against Detroit (Newjerseykiller)

Game #1 Boxscore

Game #2 Boxscore

Game #3 Boxscore

Game #4 Boxscore

New Jersey (Habs) advances in 5 against Minnesota (Wittgenstein)

Game #1 Boxscore

Game #2 Boxscore

Game #3 Boxscore

Game #4 Boxscore

Game #4 Boxscore

Physic Hotline Conference

Vancouver (Flamingpavelbure) advances in 4 against Washington (Wagsth)

Game #1 Boxscore

Game #2 Boxscore

Game #3 Boxscore

Game #4 Boxscore

Edmonton (Freydey) advances in 5 against St. Louis (XdeathsbloodX)

Game #1 Boxscore

Game #2 Boxscore

Game #3 Boxscore

Game #4 Boxscore

Game #5 Boxscore

Montreal (Clockwise) advances in 4 against Winnipeg (Donnybrook)

Game #1 Boxscore

Game #2 Boxscore

Game #3 Boxscore

Game #4 Boxscore

Toronto (Swos) advances in 5 against Philadelphia (Vocallycaged)

Game #1 Boxscore

Game #2 Boxscore

Game #3 Boxscore

Game #4 Boxscore

Game #5 Boxscore

Soon as the Egg Roll Conference wraps up the sites schedule and the bracket will be updated.

Guest Wags13

Ugh..looking at the boxscores of my series with Flaming, that might be the closest sweep in the history of playoff video hockey! Gahd I outshot him every game, won 70% of the faceoffs, attack time, etc. man!

My defense is impregnable, my style is impetuous! Quote from Tyson

Btw, i already played my series vs Swos

Canucks in 5

Are you gonna eat my children?

Clock...great work on the site and updates!

sorry for the delay of the series between matth and I. we've both had incompatible availability lately. I'm gone this weekend, too :(

Edited by smozoma

1st round is in the books.

Bracket and schedule are updated to reflect the 2nd round matchups.

Good luck to coaches in the 2nd round.

Pretty interesting how only 1 series went to more than 5 games. And only 1 upset! The regular season was pretty accurate.

Round 2 Update

Egg Roll Conference

Chicago (Hokkeefan) advances in 7 against New Jersey (Habs)

Game #1 Boxscore

Game #2 Boxscore

Game #3 Boxscore

Game #4 Boxscore

Game #5 Boxscore

Game #6 Boxscore

Game #7 Boxscore - not logged but confirmed

New York R. (Boknowsnhl94) advances in 6 against Los Angeles (Matt Hurray)

Game #1 Boxscore

Game #2 Boxscore

Game #3 Boxscore

Game #4 Boxscore

Game #5 Boxscore

Game #6 Boxscore

Montreal (Clockwise) advances in 7 against Edmonton (Freydey)

Game #1 Boxscore

Game #2 Boxscore

Game #3 Boxscore

Game #4 Boxscore

Game #5 Boxscore

Game #6 Boxscore

Game #7 Boxscore

Toronto (Swos) falls in 5 against Vancouver (Flamingpavelbure)

Game #1 Boxscore

Game #2 Boxscore

Game #3 Boxscore

Game #4 Boxscore

Game #5 Boxscore

The bracket and schedule have been updated. Good luck to coaches in the conference finals.

• 2 weeks later...

Round 3 Update

Egg Roll Conference

New York R. (Boknowsnhl94) advances in 7 against Chicago (Hokkeefan)

Game #1 Boxscore

Game #2 Boxscore

Game #3 Boxscore

Game #4 Boxscore

Game #5 Boxscore

Game #6 Boxscore

Game #7 Boxscore

Montreal (Clockwise) advances in 5 against Vancouver (Flamingpavelbure)

Game #1 Boxscore

Game #2 Boxscore

Game #3 Boxscore

Game #4 Boxscore

Game #5 Boxscore

The bracket and schedule have been updated. Good luck to Bo in the finals.

As advertised the series will be televised. Should be around Thursday and into the weekend.

good luck fellas!

Clockwise, have there been any other finals in any other league that you played in or is this a first?

Bo...second verse same as the first?

good luck fellas!

Clockwise, have there been any other finals in any other league that you played in or is this a first?

Bo...second verse same as the first?

I won Metz's Capitalism league last summer vs. stan1sh. So i'm putting my perfect record in the finals on the line!

Where oh where are you clockwise? No doubt has my computer bugged and has been watching my every move strategerizing

No one has made note of this from what i saw, but Jesus had 24 straight W's until fredey knocked him off in OT, thats one hell of a winning streak you got there, congrats on the boffo work and good luck to both you and bo in the finals.

p.s.-if you had ran the table and gone 32-0, i would have had to briefly come out of retirement, pick a russian team, and challenge you to a super series to try and save the communities face from your domination.

I won Metz's Capitalism league last summer vs. stan1sh. So i'm putting my perfect record in the finals on the line!

Where oh where are you clockwise? No doubt has my computer bugged and has been watching my every move strategerizing

I'll be available this weekend.

No one has made note of this from what i saw, but Jesus had 24 straight W's until fredey knocked him off in OT, thats one hell of a winning streak you got there, congrats on the boffo work and good luck to both you and bo in the finals.

p.s.-if you had ran the table and gone 32-0, i would have had to briefly come out of retirement, pick a russian team, and challenge you to a super series to try and save the communities face from your domination.

The game that snapped the streak was pretty crazy.

Freydey had a penalty shot in the 3rd with 9 seconds to go and he scored on the PS with 8 seconds to go and sealed the deal in OT

Congrats to clockwise on an epic finals. He waxed The Stash and brought the cup home to Montreal.

Fun fact: the deciding game was won 8-0. I guess he really wanted to make this 91 season as authentic as possible.

<p>Finals are completed, below are the videos of the series captured in Kaillera P2P. Thanks to Smozoma for his How">http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=4917"]How</a> To Make Kaillera Game Movies tutorial.<br />
<br />
<font size="3"><strong class="bbc">Game 1:</strong></font><font size="2"> ">http://www.nhl91.com/boxscore.asp?gameid=311"]</a><strong class="bbc">Boxscore</strong></font><br />
<br />
<object height="344" width="425"><param name="movie" value="

" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="344" src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425"></embed></object><br />
<font size="5"><strong class="bbc">__________________________________</strong></font><br />
<br />
<font size="3"><strong class="bbc">Game 2:</strong></font><font size="2"> ">http://www.nhl91.com/boxscore.asp?gameid=310"]</a><strong class="bbc">Boxscore</strong></font><br />
<br />
" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="344" src="
<font size="5"><strong class="bbc">__________________________________</strong></font><br />
<br />
<font size="3"><strong class="bbc">Game 3:</strong></font><font size="2"> ">http://www.nhl91.com/boxscore.asp?gameid=315"]</a><strong class="bbc">Boxscore</strong></font><br />
<br />
<br />
<font size="3"><strong class="bbc">Game 4:</strong></font><font size="2"> ">http://www.nhl91.com/boxscore.asp?gameid=312"]</a><strong class="bbc">Boxscore</strong></font><br />
<br />
<br />
<font size="3"><strong class="bbc">Game 5:</strong></font><font size="2"> ">http://www.nhl91.com/boxscore.asp?gameid=316"]</a><strong class="bbc">Boxscore</strong></font><br />
<br />
<br />
Congratulations to Bo on a tremendous season and on making it to the finals.<br />
<br />
As noted back in July:<br />
 </p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="clockwise" data-cid="80131" data-date="Jul 8 2009, 07:52 PM">
<p><strong class="bbc"><em class="bbc">"This is for more than just a cup, and more than just bragging rights, as the champion will receive his own individual award following the post season. "</em></strong></p>
</blockquote>
<p>That aforementioned "award" is a Sega Saturn USB pad, which I decided on after a bunch of them showed up on ebay. So, I dipped into petty cash, bought some more and set one aside for when the champ was dubbed. Since Bo made it all the way to the finals and was a gentleman in defeat, he deserves it. It's on the way, Bo.To all participants this season: You made this thing come from to fruition. And all of you are wholly responsible for it's success. By keeping to your commitment and playing the allotted games on your schedule you ensured that things would run smoothly. For that I thank you.Only one game was forfeit and only one coach had to step down; Kaberger8 moved to new digs but left only 5 games on his schedule for Louie4teen (who filled in admirably).Guys like Politelyerased, Sarcdoc, and Puckhead had no foreseeable chance to make the playoffs and were mathematically eliminated by early in the season. Still, you guys kept on trucking and finished up before the regular season deadline. Someone has to be on the outside looking in and maybe they get enough notoriety because they aren't discussed as some of the better players, but they are the bedrock of the leagues, imo.What will transpire next season is an unknown. I would like to hold a draft to give everyone a strong team; there's more than enough talent in the rom to go around, especially after some more players get upgraded.Personally I'm fond of line changes but it would be arduous in a draft, and I know some guys don't like them. Thanks again to everybody who participated.</p>

congrats to the finalists and mostly clockwise for running a great league and winning the championship in emphatic fashion. i havent heard a bad thing said about this league, so i hope to see it continue to grow and be run, it is a joy to watch.

If i may suggest something for the draft with line changes...do the first 10-12 rounds and let guys pick whatever positions they want, and then just randomly assign players for the last however many rounds you wanted to do. you could just make a list of the players, and then use random number select to determine which player is drafted.

check out the weird 'save' by brian leetch from behind the net! (6:45)

And Bo comes right back and cashes in on his scoring chance.

If i may suggest something for the draft with line changes...do the first 10-12 rounds and let guys pick whatever positions they want, and then just randomly assign players for the last however many rounds you wanted to do. you could just make a list of the players, and then use random number select to determine which player is drafted.

Using a randomizer to determine the selection hierarchy is something I'd like to do, too.

Was thinking about having a classic style draft: 6 forwards, 4 defenseman, 2 goalies. Then with the selections randomized I could auto draft the checking line with the highest rated players being the first taken until the rosters are full, then give guys a few days to trade.
Basically, exactly what you said, but you guys are more experienced with drafting in these leagues than I am.

got this with my awesome controller, pearl harbor instructions and all....
haha gg

Delivery man must of been tampering with my packages again.