NHL'94 Forums

Invite to the '94 gang

Hi guys... joined this forum about a year ago... never posted but of course I'm still lovin' the 94. It's the classic of classics.

I wasn't sure whether it's appropriate for a new guy to post an "ad" of our game... but since I'm not selling anything... and such post got an overwhelming response at MVP 2005 baseball community I thought why not...!!?

Well, as longtime hockey/hockey gaming fan I have gone through all platforms: Starting from NHL 94, temporarily lovin' the base (unmodded) EA NHL 2004, then buying the original XBox and played all 2k games to 2k5 passionately. Last year I bought a XBox 360 and all games for it... 2k7, 2k8 and the new NHL 09.

Guess what game I always go back to... NHL 2004 for PC. It's one of the best sports games ever made for PC... along with MVP 2005, Pro Evolution Soccer 5/6 and rFactor.

Many people might be aware of Flyermania version of 2004 but we have taken this game a lot further in the past 6 months. I'm talking about dramatic improvements.

We have rebuilt everything: Graphics, rosters, AI, interface + the game has some radical realistic gameplay tricks... it truely plays like a simulation and the mod community is very passionate and "hardcore". The interface is all html and that has been quite a blessing... we have managed to install some remarkable features to the game.

In my opinion, with mods it's the best "modern" hockey game ever created... for any platform... the graphics can't quite compare to the next gen 360 games but the feeling, atmosphere, realism and AI certainly can. And the statistics are ridiculously better: the game has full box scores, scoring summaries, full team reports, detailed player profiles, career stats for the dynasty, etc. etc. We even have endless replay mod, full box score saving for each season game & individual music for all teams.

Everything is up to date. Arenas, rosters and even boxscores referee information. If you're a hockey fan you should definitely check this game + mods out. Especially if you don't own XBox 360... all new EA's PC hockey titles since 05 have been hmm... some would say crap but I use the term "less than stellar". And I thought the 94 fans might want to see the latest... I think we already have a few guys from this community onboard.

Here is the forum. Full installation instructions have been stickied.

is some gameplay footage. For some reason the video is a bit jerky (due to YouTube.) Please watch in HQ = high quality.

Some goal replay compositions here and here. As I said the rebuilt game has an unlimited replay goal modification.

Thanks for looking... and a warm welcome to everyone! :(

shot1.jpg

Edited by trent

Thanks for the information Trent. Don't have time now, but I'll definitely check this out.

-Evan

haha nice job.

I have 04 for PC but I lost the first disk :(

I'll have to dig it up now.

EDIT: LOL i just found it!

EDIT 2: Damn, that mod looks good. Now i need a controller to play it correctly . . .

Hi guys... joined this forum about a year ago... never posted but of course I'm still lovin' the 94. It's the classic of classics.

I lurked here for three years until I decided to post . . .

Edited by IQ25

I am currently running the Flyermania version of NHL 04 and it loooks and plays great.

It can be difficult at time.

I havent yet gotten fully used to it so the cpu usually fore checks the s**t out of me.

But it is certainly worth a try folks!

• 2 weeks later...

Actually the mods have to be installed OVER the original game install.

I have the RapidShare links of the original base game. I could share them but I'm sure it's against the forum rules. PM me if you want 'em.

• 3 weeks later...

I am pulling my hair out over this game.

The xbox 360 controller doesn't fully work (the triggers don't work) and neither does a Saitek p990 (right joystick glitches when trying to do a manual deke) with NHL 2004. I tried using that pinnacle gamer program. it works, the only problem is there is no way that I can find to do manual dekes with keyboard controls. So while this is a great idea and looks very fun, I'm afraid I won't be playing it unless there are solutions to my problems.

Edited by crackawhat

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Wow, this is super cool ! I was huge into modding NHL 2004 back in, well 2004. As I recall the main mod site went down and the community kind of dyed off. But I had all of the sweet mods like the ice & board textures.

Good to see the NHL 2004 mod community back alive again!

Anyway, I haven't looked into it too much today - but are you guys playing each other online ? Or if you do all the modding is it only a single player experience ?

Wow, this is super cool ! I was huge into modding NHL 2004 back in, well 2004. As I recall the main mod site went down and the community kind of dyed off. But I had all of the sweet mods like the ice & board textures.

Good to see the NHL 2004 mod community back alive again!

Anyway, I haven't looked into it too much today - but are you guys playing each other online ? Or if you do all the modding is it only a single player experience ?

You wouldn't believe how popular 2004 has become in the recent year. Based on the download numbers there are 6000-10.000 people playing it. It has huge communities in Russia, Finland and Slovakia. They have many online leagues for it... NEHL is probably the best organized. It's only about 2004 online play now.

http://pressnehl.nhlpc.net/

This is the NHL 2004 headquarters. Feel free to register. 2004 simply has the best engine ever... some annoyances but I generally prefer it even over Next Gen hockey.

PS: If you need the base game, let me know via pm.

PS2: We could really, really use someone who knows html and JavaScript. All the menus are written with JS/HTML and we could do amazing things if we had someone who can code.

Edited by trent

• 2 weeks later...

can we play 2004 online? this is my favorite 3d nhl game

• 1 month later...

My season 1996-1997 is nearing the end... only 3 games left. Thanks to Jimboni for this SPECTACULAR mod... it's been a fantastic season.

More here.

Some screen captures.

Niinimaa, Lindros and LeClair celebrating.

69328892.gif

Twist ja Grimson doing their job.

28928287.gif

Sean Burke, Hartford Whalers.

84136821.gif

USAir Arena.

32779795.gif