NHL'94 Forums

How many controllers have you broken from frustration playing NHL94?

21 members have voted

1. 1. How many controllers?

• 3+

Feel free to list any other items that have gotten broken out of nhl94 rage...ie tv, computer screens, the console, the computer, keyboard, Use Your Illusions CDs 1 and 2....etc.

Shockingly, my tally is 0.

I have flung my controller across the room dozens of times, twisted it to the point of breaking, and punted it. Microsoft sidewinder is built like a tank.

I've also punched my monitor countless times, luckily it's an old school CRT. My computer desk has also been punched, and my CPU kicked a few times.

I think that's it :(

Microsoft sidewinder is built like a tank.

Au contraire, the original Genesis 3 button pads (aka the black triple sec) are constructed of some type of proprietary depleted uranium.

When I was a kid after beating my older cousin in his basement he'd toss his game pad, freezing the game.

In anger I'd punch his fists with my stomach... But when the dust settled his game pad always looked like it just got out of the shower.

How could anyone hurt this?

post-194-1247941433_thumb.jpg

Personally I only get frustrated when the gf runs the vacuum cleaner when I'm playing.. Or when DJ Shut That Crap Off is blaring music down the hall...

But if you do get all swole after a loss just hop in the car and take it for a joy ride until your jets cool, then leave the car where you found it and put some extra pennies in the change cup so the person knows your a kind soul.

When playing on the console, my friends and I would purposely throw the controllers at the Cartridge/Genesis either during a junk game or after a game to see if the game would freeze, and if so what error message would come up. The game and console took tons of abuse and never failed to work.

Got to love old hardware. Don't make them like they used to. Now if my Wii cable is bent the wrong way it won't turn on.

-Evan

I never broke any controllers from NHL '94 or any other game; however, my Saitek gamepad had a broken DIRECTIONAL PAD. What happened, you might ask? I was playing Excite Bike (NES). I tapped the left arrow to do a quick wheelie so as not to stumble over a log that was in the way. Lo and behold, the direction pad fell OFF! It fell the heck off! O-F-F! It fell off! At least my analog sticks still work.

At the tourneys we do many a controller has lost their life. Mainly from button mashing rather than controller smashing. I picked up a bunch of new in the box sega controllers on ebay that were probably made 10 years ago. I found that they broke even quicker. I am guessing the reason is that the plastic/rubber got brittle over time.

Also any controller that dies is brought back to life as a trophy. The cord is cut and spraypainted a golden hue

goldencontroller.jpg

At the tourneys we do many a controller has lost their life. Mainly from button mashing rather than controller smashing. I picked up a bunch of new in the box sega controllers on ebay that were probably made 10 years ago. I found that they broke even quicker. I am guessing the reason is that the plastic/rubber got brittle over time.

Also any controller that dies is brought back to life as a trophy. The cord is cut and spraypainted a golden hue

goldencontroller.jpg

Nice.

Did you put chocolate in the center like Olympic medals?

• 1 month later...

my ancient Genesis controller will never break lol

even after today (playing Sonic 3-I hate Robotnik more then the 94 New Jersey Devils, Frieza and allergies)

but hockey is usually a more relaxed game, brings back fond memories when I played it as a kid...that and Desert Strike

I never broke any controllers from NHL '94 or any other game; however, my Saitek gamepad had a broken DIRECTIONAL PAD. What happened, you might ask? I was playing Excite Bike (NES). I tapped the left arrow to do a quick wheelie so as not to stumble over a log that was in the way. Lo and behold, the direction pad fell OFF! It fell the heck off! O-F-F! It fell off! At least my analog sticks still work.

Yea, it's that crappy Saitek P220 or P880. D-pad has fallen off of 4-5 controllers for me when playing mario kart (my favourite game before I started to play NHL '94 more serious). I didn't want to get another controller since I was so used to this one.

1,5 month ago I finally bought a wireless logitech controller after the 5th saitek crap D-pad had fallen off.

post-2635-1252704832_thumb.jpg

post-2635-1252705690_thumb.jpg

Edited by xot82

Yea, it's that crappy Saitek P220 or P880. D-pad has fallen off of 4-5 controllers for me when playing mario kart (my favourite game before I started to play NHL '94 more serious). I didn't want to get another controller since I was so used to this one.

1,5 month ago I finally bought a wireless logitech controller after the 5th saitek crap D-pad had fallen off.

I've got a P880 (one on the left) :D. My D-pad hasn't fallen off.. so far?