NHL'94 Forums

Triple Deke

I've been playing NHL 94 for a long time, and I've gotten relatively good at it. I beat all of my friends consistently, and the computer is an absolute joke. However, my offense is completely dependent on the cross-net slapshot goal that you all probably know about, and the occasional one-timer. I've never really learned how to do the triple deke, as all the instructions on it are wordy and difficult to understand. If someone could make a video or walk me through it button press by button press, it would be very much appreciated.

basically.. if you are going up with a left-handed skater, then, while also holding UP, press LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, SHOOT

just takes practice. Just tap the shoot button to wrist-shot it, don't hold it down, or you'll skate past the net while winding up for a slapshot.

bit more wordy:

you just wiggle back and forth a lot while approaching the goalie, then at the end when you're at the crease, you pick a side, make your last wiggle in that direction, and shoot at the outside of the wiggle.

it helps if you come in at a bit of an angle. If you have a left-handed shooter and are going up, then try skating from the left blueline faceoff dot towards the left post (but a bit to the right of the post.. right at the goalie). when you get close to the crease, do a quick stickhandle to the left (to the near post) and slam it in the near side of the net with a quick tap of the shoot button. shootout mode could be good for this.

hope that helps...

As for the triple deke: it works best with players who have high agility and stickhandling ratings, obviously. It's a shame we couldn't do the "Flying V" as Anaheim in this game. Everybody knows that tying a goalie to the goalposts is an effective way of improving a goaltender's level of play, and the Flying V is an unstoppable play because it mesmerizes the defense!

I've scored goals on the knucklepuck (sort of). I like flipping the puck off the back of the goalie's head sometimes when I'm behind the net. Never gets dull.