NHL'94 Forums

Good hockey games on other computers

Any of you guys ever played good hockey games on the Amiga, Commodore 64 or other computers?

I played many many matches of Ice Hockey on the good old C64:

http://www.lemon64.com/games/details.php?ID=1984 (powerplay hockey USA vs USSR)

http://www.lemon64.com/games/details.php?ID=2571 (Superstar icehockey)

This was over when I got NHL 94 ofcource :D

The first hockey game I played on pc was Alex Dampier Pro Hockey 95... Or something like that. Was pretty fun ;) Then of course Blades of Steel and Ice Hockey on the NES.

Other more recent highlights are NHL Rock The Rink @ PS1 and the different NHL Hitz games @ PS2.. I never got to try any of the Face Off games though :D Nor Sega's hockey games for Saturn (and maybe Dreamcast as well?).

Well, if u talking old hockey games, ya, played them all, good newer one is NHL Hitz Pro, just have to tweak the game settings.

Also, try the NHL 2k series, better then the crappy excuses for hockey games done by EA after 1994.

I loved Wayne Gretzky Hockey. I played it on DOS, but apparently it was released on the Amiga too. I can't find much info on it though.

COOL...I played that game also on the Amiga :D

It was very well done.

Here it is: http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php?id=1125

Faceoff by Mindstar. Still one of my favourites. What other game can you knock a guy down in a fight and then jump on him and pummel blood out of his face. Actually you could fight anytime somebody hit you. Plus editable team and player names with farm teams as well. Had it for c64 but my buddy had it for dos (what were pc's called then - 486's) and the graphics were 20 times better.

post-4-1143807808_thumb.jpg

post-4-1143807819_thumb.jpg

That game looks a lot like Mario Lemieux Hockey. Had it been possible to actually aim the puck with some degree of accuracy, MLH would have been pretty good. I loved the fact that the whole team could have a brawl, I've yet to see another hockey game incorporate this kind of lunacy.

I remember rock'n Blades of Steel on NES as a small fry. "Get the pass".The fights in that game were hilarious.

That game looks a lot like Mario Lemieux Hockey. Had it been possibleto actually aim the puck with some degree of accuracy, MLH would have been pretty good.

I loved the fact that the whole team could have a brawl, I've yet to see another hockey game incorporate this kind of lunacy.

I remember rock'n Blades of Steel on NES as a small fry. "Get the pass".The fights in that game were hilarious.

Didn't "Ice Hockey" for the NES have full team brawls? Or am I imagining that?

You could actually control the players during the brawls in MLH. Another cool aspect of fighting in the game was: if you win the fight, you would be excused from taking the penalty. In ice hockey, the two teams just mosh in at center ice.

I know a lot of people that are fans of mutant league hockey. I never really got into it. This was probably due to the abysmal frame rate.

mutant league hockey???

I've seen it in the shops in the old days.

Never bought it or played it. Didn't it had the gameplay like NHL 94...skating wise?

EDIT: Just tried it. Bah...lousy scrolling, horrible jerky chaotic graphics. Lousy controll also

You could actually control the players during the brawls in MLH. Another cool aspect of fighting in the game was: if you win the fight, you would be excused from taking the penalty. In ice hockey, the two teams just mosh in at center ice.

I know a lot of people that are fans of mutant league hockey. I never really got into it. This was probably due to the abysmal frame rate.

Mutant League Hockey wasn't really bad. It certainly wasn't great. With the preceding games of mutant league football (pretty good game) and NHL, I really expected a lot better.

Guest BSDaemon
I remember rock'n "Blades of Steel" on nes as a small fry. "Get the pass" ;) .The fights in that game were hilarious.

I still think he's saying "rip my pants!" :lol: