NHL'94 Forums

Best Video Game Athletes

I saw on a show on espn today that the hosts were discussing the greatest video game athletes of all time were. I agreed with everyone they said especially one that I did not think would be on there for many other americans. Here are the four thety talked abour and their supposed rankings they talked about. Le tthe debating begin!!!

4. Mike Tyson, Mike Tyson's Punch Out

3. Jeremy Roenick, NHL 93

2. Michael Vick, Madden 04

1. Bo Jackson, Tecmo Super Bowl

any others...

I saw on a show on espn today that the hosts were discussing the greatest video game athletes of all time were. I agreed with everyone they said especially one that I did not think would be on there for many other americans. Here are the four thety talked abour and their supposed rankings they talked about. Le tthe debating begin!!!

any others...

I think his name was winky, the red ghost on pac-man. He always seemed to have my number. Tho the blue one was tricky too.

any others...

Wide out #88 of the Kansas City Chiefs in Madden '92. Him or the ambulance that will run your team over when the Qb gets Jim Everett'y.

And Boston.com users voted NHL'94 as the All-Time Greatest Sports Video Game over Mike Tyson's Punch-Out a few years back.

any others...

Well , there is Adrian Peterson in Madden 08, who is pretty much like HAX!

In the Old NHL (Early 2000's), Pavol Demitra,Eric Lindros and Alex Kovalev we're pretty much Juiced.

Tim Wakefield is pretty fucked up too, in any BB game.

Ken Griffey JR (In the Ken Griffey's Baseball lol)

Jose Canseco in the World Series Baseball.

Thierry Henry in FIFA 05 (Bastard can score from Midfield, litteraly)

Michael Shumacer in any F1 Games.

And Finally, Rafael Nadal in the Sega Virtual Tennis series, he's virtually unbeatable (Faster and Stronger than anybody) (He can Return Roddick's perfect services on the line, and do a winning return)

Ricky Henderson in RBI 3 was a lethal force of ultimate speed and slugging power. So was Barry Bonds.

Eckersley was a b***h on the mound. Couldn't tee off on him.

I think his name was winky, the red ghost on pac-man. He always seemed to have my number. Tho the blue one was tricky too.

That would be Blinky, hated that bastard. Inky(blue one) was dumb, but always seemed to end up where Pac-man was heading.

any others...

I've heard of Roenick's domination in nhl94...well genesis anyways...he's not dominant in snes....but I never knew he was a dominate force in nhl93 as well(or is that a typo?)

Mike tyson owns me...man I played that game so many friggin times and still couldn't beat him.

I can't believe the fat guy from NES ice hockey isn't on that list....the ultimate line up was three fatties and a skinny(insert joke here).

Ah yeah let's not forget.

In NCAA Football 2005 ( I Think? ) Reggie Bush can rush for 1000 yards whenever he feels like it.

And in the Maddens like... 2000 to 2002, Keyshawn Jonhson was godly. A Vinny Testaverde and Jonhson Combo, could let you spam bombs into quadruple booble coverage

Edited by The Russian Rocket

I've heard of Roenick's domination in nhl94...well genesis anyways...he's not dominant in snes....but I never knew he was a dominate force in nhl93 as well(or is that a typo?)

Mike tyson owns me...man I played that game so many friggin times and still couldn't beat him.

I can't believe the fat guy from NES ice hockey isn't on that list....the ultimate line up was three fatties and a skinny(insert joke here).

93 is just the more sexy game because it was on the movie swingers and there was no manual goaltending. atleast in 94 you could make a futile try to stop his domination with the manual goalie.

I have to say, micheal vick wasnt that dominate, a solid defensive strategy made him nearly uselss, if the user was skilled, vick was more of a decoy than anything else. Roenick needs no decoy, he needs no teammates, you put roenick 1 on 5 and you got a fighting chance still.

id say mark mcgwire in triple play 2000 was just a dominate force, the guy would hit a home run no matter what whenever i pitched to him, he even took one off his shoe tops over 450 feet.

In Fifa 99, the entire holland team was juiced, i played countless games with friends and i would never lose and only very rarely even give up a goal. patrick kluivert was god...andrei shevchenko too was just insane.

all in all though, you cant dispute bo jacksons sheer dominance, the guy could literally run laps around the field before deciding it was time to score.

1. H. Van Smeiter for Holland in FIFA 95 for Sega

2. any team playing against Qatar in FIFA 95 and their sad goalkeeper was unstoppable. You could score from midfield against Qatar

3. Canseco for RBI Baseball

4. Emmit Smith in Madden 94

The rocks in that game called Asteroids were pretty tough. Also, the gorrilla throwing the barrels was a mean sob too.

But Bo was plain filthy. Jesus I played that Madden 92' forever, and 88 was sweet as hell in the post pattern. Someones gotta look up his nam, on tip o' my tongue.

The rocks in that game called Asteroids were pretty tough. Also, the gorrilla throwing the barrels was a mean sob too.

But Bo was plain filthy. Jesus I played that Madden 92' forever, and 88 was sweet as hell in the post pattern. Someones gotta look up his nam, on tip o' my tongue.

88? Michael Irvin probably - way overrated.

+1 on the Emmitt Smith in Madden 94. HB Toss and no one could stop him.

Bo in Tecmo Bowl was rediculous too. I remember seeing a Youtube video where the entire other team was following Bo running back and forth across the field.

One total dominator I remember from my youth is the Honda car in Toca Touring Car Championship for the Game Boy Colour.

Even on the highest difficulty it was nearly impossible not to lap at least half the field.

That frikkin cop in the SUV in Need for Speed Hot Pursuit for PSX.

I could be goin 200 mph in my Lambo with nothing but open straightaway, and that bastard would still catch up and run me off the road.

I have to say, micheal vick wasnt that dominate, a solid defensive strategy made him nearly uselss, if the user was skilled, vick was more of a decoy than anything else.

Amen to that! My friend Craig and I used to play each other in Madden games on the PS2 with random teams. We would start on the Chicago Bears and hit the randomize button. Whichever team it gave you, THAT'S YOUR TEAM (unless it gave you an NFL europe team, then we just randomized again). No excuses.

His favorite team to use was the Atlanta Falcons. He loved scrambling all the time with Vick. Unfortunately for him, scrambling QBs do not fare well against me. I remember one particular game because the stats were so lopsided in my favor. I was the Green Bay Packers, and he was the Atlanta Falcons. I won 42-0 and held Vick to only 14 yards rushing for the entire game. :lol: Against others, he was usually averaging close to 200 yards rushing per game with Vick. I loved seeing the head-to-head stats/records with user profiles in the Madden games.

One athlete I always dominated games with was Julius Peppers (defensive end for the North Carolina Tar Heels) in NCAA Football 2002 or 2003. The Tar Heels didn't have the best team, but Peppers was worth the selection. Pass, run... it didn't matter. Peppers was all over the ball every play.

Albert Pujols in MVP Baseball 2005 was also dominating. If I wasn't hitting homeruns with him, I was getting base hits or being intentionally walked.

Some others include: Walter Payton (Tecmo Bowl), Bo Jackson (Tecmo Bowl), Barry Sanders and Bo Jackson (Tecmo Super Bowl), Lawrence Taylor (Tecmo Bowl), Randall Cunningham (Tecmo Super Bowl, although they don't actually use his name), Irving Fryar (WR #80 on the New England Patriots in Madden 92 for the Genesis), Eric Lindros (NHL '97 on the Genesis).

id say mark mcgwire in triple play 2000 was just a dominate force, the guy would hit a home run no matter what whenever i pitched to him, he even took one off his shoe tops over 450 feet.

Also in that game Sammy Sosa was tank too

I would always use him in Homerun Derby and he just crushed everything

Here is dominance, although the AI in Tecmo Super Bowl was bad anyway:

Only athlete who can run 99 yards and use 4 min. 30 sec. of the clock in 1 min, and 30 sec.

Edited by chaos

• 4 weeks later...

In this artcle, notice the image of Roenick scoring in NHL94 is from my screenshots page. If you type in Jeremy Roenick NHL94, I found that my Roenick image has also been used on the official Anaheim Ducks bog page: http://ducks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?bcid=12887

Pretty funny.

-Evan