NHL'94 Forums

Having more than 3 lines?

Hey,

I was just curious if anyone has ever thought about having 4 lines in nhl94 (or any classic EA game) instead of 3. I know it's a long shot and probably can't happen since it would be a major change, but it would make things more realistic to the NHL.

So... instead of Scoring1, Scoring2, and Checking... having Line1, Line2, Line3, and Line4 and also the Powerplay and Penaltykill lines.

My cousin and I just brainstormed this last night, and figured I would throw it out there to all the editors. Again, it's probably too much to change in the game without having a problem, but maybe there's a way.

Any thoughts?

-Evan

Again, it's probably too much to change in the game without having a problem, but maybe there's a way.

that all depends if there is any programmed player logic based on the selected line... which quite frankly there might not be..... as the each players attributes determines their offensive/defensive awareness etc. and effectively determines how they play as a line...

Considering that really the case, there would be nothing too hard about changing existing Scoring 1 text to reflect what you've suggested.

EDIT: Errrrr... disregard what I just said! ;).... I just remembered when under a penalty/power play you are restricted to what lines you can assign on the rink. I think my blunder exposes the fact I don't play the game enough, especially with line changes on! :P

Edited by wboy