NHL'94 Forums

who's the best tru benchwarmer?

if you load up each team and make a list of the players that aren't on any of the lines, who's the best of those?

also, do any of the versions play backup goaltenders automatically? can a goaltender get hurt in any of them?

weight bug, goalie delays, general suckitude... how do most of y'all prefer Genesis?

if you load up each team and make a list of the players that aren't on any of the lines, who's the best of those?

also, do any of the versions play backup goaltenders automatically? can a goaltender get hurt in any of them?

weight bug, goalie delays, general suckitude... how do most of y'all prefer Genesis?

Better emulator, better console at the time, general awesomeness.... how do some of y'all not prefer Genesis? :(

Actually, what do you mean by goalie delays? The only thing wrong with the Gens version is the weightbug, but smoz fixed that cuz he's awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

I mean where you have to hold the Q button for seven weeks to get the Genesis to allow you access to think about beginning to almost get to control your own goaltender but then it's too late because they scored. on the SNES, you press the forth button and you instantly have the goaltender. then, as the goaltender, you can stack the pads with the second button or poke for it with the first button or dive for it with the third button. also, with SNES, the fifth and sixth buttons are available to give you instant control over your defensemen, one and two. SNES wins because there is more control with more buttons (speedburst/check, get back up, dump the puck, poke check, hook/hold, shoot, pass) and because there is much less of a processing delay with the machine and the controller output read periods, so when you press buttons, you don't wait to see it happen, like with every Genesis game ever. Genesis is infuriating because you can't get it to switch to the defenseman and by the time you get him you've hit the button again -- since it took so long for the Genesis to register it -- that the forward is by you so you press and hold the one and three buttons (or some other maddening experience in Worst Gaming Ever) hoping it'll let you play goaltender befo- ...goal, dammit!

anyway, got a favorite benchwarmer?

I mean where you have to hold the Q button for seven weeks to get the Genesis to allow you access to think about beginning to almost get to control your own goaltender but then it's too late because they scored. on the SNES, you press the forth button and you instantly have the goaltender. then, as the goaltender, you can stack the pads with the second button or poke for it with the first button or dive for it with the third button. also, with SNES, the fifth and sixth buttons are available to give you instant control over your defensemen, one and two. SNES wins because there is more control with more buttons (speedburst/check, get back up, dump the puck, poke check, hook/hold, shoot, pass) and because there is much less of a processing delay with the machine and the controller output read periods, so when you press buttons, you don't wait to see it happen, like with every Genesis game ever. Genesis is infuriating because you can't get it to switch to the defenseman and by the time you get him you've hit the button again -- since it took so long for the Genesis to register it -- that the forward is by you so you press and hold the one and three buttons (or some other maddening experience in Worst Gaming Ever) hoping it'll let you play goaltender befo- ...goal, dammit!

anyway, got a favorite benchwarmer?

And that's certainly why Snes is almost dead and Gens is kickin' it, Cause people like crappy stuff.

. on the SNES, you press the forth button and you instantly have the goaltender. then, as the goaltender, you can stack the pads with the second button or poke for it with the first button or dive for it with the third button. also, with SNES, the fifth and sixth buttons are available to give you instant control over your defensemen, one and two. SNES wins because there is more control with more buttons (speedburst/check, get back up, dump the puck, poke check, hook/hold, shoot, pass) and because there is much less of a processing delay with the machine and the controller output read periods, so when you press buttons, you don't wait to see it happen, like with every Genesis game ever

Damn, I've missed the boat all these years. It's very apparent snes is far superior. How do I get set up and play people? (sarcasm)

its not really a question of witch is better. if we wanted a hockey game with more control of the players and goalie we'd play like nhl 09 or whatever(and a lot of people do). but for me the reason i prefer nhl94 on gens is for the memories, ive been playing this game ever since i was a wee lad and i love it. maybe the snes version is slightly better but ill live and die by the master system

its not really a question of witch is better. if we wanted a hockey game with more control of the players and goalie we'd play like nhl 09 or whatever(and a lot of people do). but for me the reason i prefer nhl94 on gens is for the memories, ive been playing this game ever since i was a wee lad and i love it. maybe the snes version is slightly better but ill live and die by the master system

Actually the maste system, is the equivalent of the NES for the Sega Company.