NHL'94 Forums

Classic '94 Fall 2009 Season Update

Evan

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to give an update that the Fall 2009 Classic '94 season WILL be happening and it WILL be using the nhl94online.com website. We are targeting registration sometime next month (September), so please keep this in mind if you plan on signing up. I'd hate to see anyone miss registration so please spread the word. Registration will be done through the nhl94online.com website (when we announce registration has begun).

I'll modify the rules page soon, but it's going to be the same general rules as before. We'll have more instructions about what you'll need to do as a coach in the league but the veterans can expect pretty much the same. The amount of Gens/Snes leagues will depend on how many users sign up.

This post is more just an update that things are in motion, and the season is coming up soon. There's no set dates yet, but we'll be finalizing these very soon. If you do have any questions at this time, please ask! Hope this season is a success!

-Evan

That is awesome news Evan. I think Classic Leagues have lost most of their lustre since nhl94online.com stopped being used after the Fall 2007 leagues. I'm fired up to play again now that there's a wesbite.

There's something to be said about loading the game you just played to a website and seeing the results real time.

Will previous campaign's winner be shown on the site?

Absolutely. The site is still being worked on (progress is slow when we do this on the side) but the previous league winners will show up on the homepage.

That is awesome news Evan. I think Classic Leagues have lost most of their lustre since nhl94online.com stopped being used after the Fall 2007 leagues. I'm fired up to play again now that there's a wesbite.

There's something to be said about loading the game you just played to a website and seeing the results real time.

I agree classic has been on the back burner as fare as luster ever since the site stopped being used. cant wait to see it come back

Looks like things will get better for this league. Not that I minded how Statto did tihngs because it went rather well.

QUOTE (Flames4LifeFLA @ Aug 22 2009, 03:01 PM) *

Great, looking forward to this!

Is your shitty connection any better?

I remember Jam's connection, its worse than carses!!! I really hope its better some how. I haven't played him for over a year, im looking forward to playing our games!

Good to have u aboard!

This.Is.Awesome.

I'm really looking forward to this.

I assume from here on in all stats will be kept like GDL.

Will the win loss records from the previous stat-less seasons be in there? (if they are even kept anywhere?)

QUOTE (Flames4LifeFLA @ Aug 22 2009, 03:01 PM) *

Great, looking forward to this!

I remember Jam's connection, its worse than carses!!! I really hope its better some how. I haven't played him for over a year, im looking forward to playing our games!

Good to have u aboard!

Oh that guy is Jamonica? Never Realized! Damn, the Chase for the Cup will be as intense at it can!

Will The Canucks Crew Be Decrowned?

Find out in the next episode of Friends.

This.Is.Awesome.

I'm really looking forward to this.

I assume from here on in all stats will be kept like GDL.

Will the win loss records from the previous stat-less seasons be in there? (if they are even kept anywhere?)

There will be an All-Time Stats page that will keep track of everyone's stats in leagues that are created and managed through the NHL94online website. This will show a sortable list where everyone can check out who has won the most games, most goals scored, best GAA, etc. over the lifetime of the site.

Evan and I have decided to not keep track of NHL player stats, like the way Blitz does (GDL does this too, I think?). I think this makes these leagues unique and it would just be too much.

And yes, all of the stats from all previous Classic League seasons will be kept and viewable on the website, and added to the lifetime stats. If you look right now on the nhl94online.com website, Classic Spring 2008 stats are up. I hope to have the Spring 2009 stats up soon. Fall 2008 is going to take a while, since it was done purely in the forums (without a website), and I need to look up every game and record it so I can map out each teams schedule and corresponding scores.

All older Classic 94 seasons will be added as well and the lifetime stats will be updated to include these stats.

Edited by chaos

There will be an All-Time Stats page that will keep track of everyone's stats in leagues that are created and managed through the NHL94online website. This will show a sortable list where everyone can check out who has won the most games, most goals scored, best GAA, etc. over the lifetime of the site.

Evan and I have decided to not keep track of NHL player stats, like the way Blitz does (GDL does this too, I think?). I think this makes these leagues unique and it would just be too much.

And yes, all of the stats from all previous Classic League seasons will be kept and viewable on the website, and added to the lifetime stats. If you look right now on the nhl94online.com website, Classic Spring 2008 stats are up. I hope to have the Spring 2009 stats up soon. Fall 2008 is going to take a while, since it was done purely in the forums (without a website), and I need to look up every game and record it so I can map out each teams schedule and corresponding scores.

All older Classic 94 seasons will be added as well and the lifetime stats will be updated to include these stats.

yoursire.jpg