NHL'94 Forums

Porting NHL 95 PC on the NDS

Hello everyone,

I got a NDS (with a flash card) a few weeks back and I was pretty sad that there were no decent NHL game on it

Thats how I found out about this web site and I was really happy to be hable to play nhl 94/2009 with the jenesisDS emu.

Now I'm wondering if it's possible to port NHL 95 PC to the DS?

I know that the DS games are in C/C++ and I know that there already are a few pc game ported on the DS such as Quake, Warcraft 1, Lemmings and doom

I think there would be huge potential for an updated nhl 95 game for the DS

I don't know anything about programing so I don't know if it's possible

• 1 month later...
Hello everyone,

I got a NDS (with a flash card) a few weeks back and I was pretty sad that there were no decent NHL game on it

Thats how I found out about this web site and I was really happy to be hable to play nhl 94/2009 with the jenesisDS emu.

Now I'm wondering if it's possible to port NHL 95 PC to the DS?

I know that the DS games are in C/C++ and I know that there already are a few pc game ported on the DS such as Quake, Warcraft 1, Lemmings and doom

I think there would be huge potential for an updated nhl 95 game for the DS

I don't know anything about programing so I don't know if it's possible

i doubt it, but i can play nhl 94/93 hacks on my ds via a genesis emulator without much trouble, thats your best bet imo. the PC nhl 95 is great but tbh it's really clunky with the whole interface and it wouldn't even be very nice to be playing on the ds

i doubt it, but i can play nhl 94/93 hacks on my ds via a genesis emulator without much trouble, thats your best bet imo. the PC nhl 95 is great but tbh it's really clunky with the whole interface and it wouldn't even be very nice to be playing on the ds

yeah, that's your best bet, use a Genesis or SNES emulator and a ROM. Without the source code, it's probably next to impossible to port a game to such a different device.

The reason those particular games have been ported to the DS is that the source code was released to the public, so people could easily re-map the control scheme, video display, etc. No such luck with the EA NHL series games.

Edited by smozoma