NHL'94 Forums

Classic '94 Fall 2009 Season Registration

Evan

Hey everyone,

The official registration for the Classic '94 Fall 2009 Season has come. Chaos will follow up this post with some more details about using the nhl94online.com website for signing up and editing your information, but here's the deal.

Registration will start Monday, August 31st and will end Sunday, September 13th. That's right, 2 weeks so hopefully everyone who wants to play will have a chance to sign up. The registration page can be found at: http://www.nhl94online.com/html/registration.php. Chaos will let us know when the page is "open for business".

Depending on how many people sign up will determine how many Gens/Snes leagues and games are played in each league. The amount of regular season games to be played will be about 30-40.

One thing I will mention now. If you are planning on signing up and haven't played games online before, start contacting guys for games now to test your connection is ok. We have to make sure everyone's internet connection is good for online play.

The rules page at http://www.nhl94online.com/html/rules.php has been updated though no real rule changes have been made. If you've played before it's the same deal. We'll keep everyone updated in this thread regarding registration.

-Evan

Fall 09 Classic League Registration IS ON.

I want to make sure I am available so that if there are any issues that come up, they can be resolved quickly. I will be on AIM starting at 6:30 PM for most of the night. Feel free to message me (AIM: Rage93) or PM me and let me know if there are any questions or problems regarding registration. You can access the page at this time. I will post again once it is open for registration.

There are 2 different methods to register for the Fall 09 season. IMPORTANT - Everyone will fall into 1 of 2 categories.

Category 1: You had played in the Spring '08 Classic 94 League.

How do you know? I hope you would remember if you had played in this league.

But if you didn't, here is the list (AIM screen names circa Spring 2008):

Vocally Caged

Snoboarder3211

jrodimus31

angryjay93

canadiensfan66

sebe82

tickenest

minddefect

BeefJerkyRules6

dmac

hokkeefan2

icestorm70nhl94

thegr8199kings

sungod162

Flamingpavelbure

smozoma

IAmTheFutureMann

Freydey32

WagsTh

sdogg420420

NEGATIVENICK7000

ilikeeatingsouls

metzgerism

jimcraig30usa

jtakkunen04

BuserChris

rynweinmeyer

Gonzo96132

ElioPrashad

electric jetta

gihtarman

theval99

xgrad06

JeffBCNHL94

masterof94

prodigyof94

drinnagh

nhltrippin

fenty62

BobKudelski26

nhl94halifax

PharaohSami

beat2thabox

nhlosama

StattoNHL94

KokoSrythym

pondhcky1

If your name is on the list, you will register for the league in a different way than a person who is not on the list. This will be shown below.

Category 2: You did not play in the Spring '08 Classic 94 League.

This category includes everyone who IS NOT on the list given above (other than Evan and me).

How to Register

Category 1:

You have been manually registered to NHL 94 Online, due to me uploading the stats from Spring 08. You will just need to register for the Fall 09 league.

Please make sure "Classic '94-2009 Fall" is selected in the "League Selection" drop down menu located right underneath the banner. Next, select "Registration" from the navigation bar. For the question, "Have you registered for a league before?", CHOOSE YES . On the page, enter your User Name and Password ( Your User Name and Password are both the same: your AIM screen name - Copy and Paste from above, as these are the names saved in the database (which is case-sensitive). ). Choose the league level you are registering for, and choose your Draft Preference from the drop down menus. Submit the page once finished. Please read the next post.

Category 2:

You will need to register as a user and for the Classic Fall 09 season. This is all done on the Registration Page.

Please make sure "Classic '94-2009 Fall" is selected in the "League Selection" drop down menu located right underneath the banner. Next, select "Registration" from the navigation bar. For the question, "Have you registered for a league before?", CHOOSE NO . On the page, enter a User Name and Password ( Typically, your User Name should be the same as your name used on the forum.). Fill out the rest of the information, such as your AIM screen name (required), your Email address (type "none" if you do not want to disclose it), your location, choose your Time Zone, and your system preference. Choose the league level you are registering for, and choose your Draft Preference from the drop down menus. Submit the page once finished. Please read the next post.

I should also note - if you want to register for both GENS and SNES leagues, and you fall into Category 2, you just need to answer NO to "Have you registered for a league before" for the FIRST league you register to. Answer YES the second time through.

Edited by chaos

Editing Your User Profile

Once registered as a user (As of this moment, the people who fall into Category 1 above are registered as a user), you may edit your User Profile and change any previous information, as well as change your User Name and Password.

On the navigation bar of the nhl94online website, go to User Tools and choose "Edit User Profile".

Fill in your Current User Name and Password. Then fill in any information that you would like to change. ITEMS YOU ARE NOT CHANGING, LEAVE BLANK. Once done, please Submit. The page will alert you to any errors. When changing your User Name, this will not affect your All-Time User Stats, Site Records, or any League Stats in any way.

I insist everyone who fell into Category 1 (played in Spring 08 Classic League) to access this page either before or after registering for the Fall '09 league. You can access it right now if you would like. Please change your User Name to your forum name, change your password, and fill in the rest of the information. As of right now, your User Name, Password, and AIM names are the only ones that are set up, and they are all set to your AIM name.

This page can be accessed at anytime, and should be kept updated so others requesting games have a way to contact you.

Edited by chaos

So if I get this straight:

The 2009 Spring season by Statto isn't registered in the website, so we make the registration manually, yes? Especially those that played it.

So if I get this straight:

The 2009 Spring season by Statto isn't registered in the website, so we make the registration manually, yes? Especially those that played it.

Follow the directions for Category 2. You will fill out the registration form and pick "No" for the question "Have ever registered for a league before?"

I will put the stats up from Spring 09 season soon.

Follow the directions for Category 2. You will fill out the registration form and pick "No" for the question "Have ever registered for a league before?"

I will put the stats up from Spring 09 season soon.

I can do a database dump for you if you like. Would be easy.

Note to everyone else: i have nothing to do with this.

Edited by statto

do i have to register twice to play in the gens/snes leagues ?

Yes, once for each league. You have to set up draft orders for both leagues. Pay attention to this:

I should also note - if you want to register for both GENS and SNES leagues, and you fall into Category 2, you just need to answer NO to "Have you registered for a league before" for the FIRST league you register to. Answer YES the second time through.

Edited by chaos

Yes, once for each league. You have to set up draft orders for both leagues. Pay attention to this:

All 20 teams are required? Seriously? S e r i o u s l y ?

Unfortunately yes, Statto. And you can't repeat teams either. Just single out the bad teams at the last slots.

Who are the acting administrators for the league? Just in case I need to contact them.

Who are the acting administrators for the league? Just in case I need to contact them.

Hey,

Good question. Chaos and I would be the main admins of the league. I don't want to mention anyone else until I have confirmation they'll be around to help out.

-Evan

Why aren't I on the list for category 1?

Also, are we supposed to be able to sign up yet? Because the site says that registration has ended.

Did you play in Spring 2008 Classic League? Also, make sure that the league selection is on Classic 94-Fall 2009. If it still says it, you might need to clear your browser cache.

Why aren't I on the list for category 1?

Also, are we supposed to be able to sign up yet? Because the site says that registration has ended.

Just choose the Fall season on the box. It's just below it.

I tried registering yesterday and had an issue because my password isn't enough characters even though it's the one I use for the forum.

password should be at least 6 characters. I'll change it to 4 when i get home.

I propably wont be let to join the Classic league this year, as I live in Finland ? The registration form stated that only North Americans get to play.

I registered though if you change your mind so that I wont be late if I do get to play.

yay.

You sure? I'm from Mexico and I've participated in leagues just fine. I guess there are benefits in living in a border town.

I propably wont be let to join the Classic league this year, as I live in Finland ? The registration form stated that only North Americans get to play.

I registered though if you change your mind so that I wont be late if I do get to play.

yay.

I think that stipulation was put in there originally(3 years ago) because of some felt there was too much lag playing those overseas...that obviously isn't an issue in your case....the site probably just needs to be updated.